The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A Heads Up to Recent Applicants

Wyvern barges through his office door, carrying an enormous stack of papers in his arms and panting for breath. Unloading the papers onto his desk and burying it in an ocean of sheets, the overgrown lizard delicately plucks a parchment from the top of the stack, unravels it, and reads:

"This is just a heads up to all of my recent Pen applicants; primarily Alaeha, jamesdevin, Seii, Wrenwind, and Distarius Whiterobes. I apologize for not having gotten around to responding to your applications yet... real life has kept me busy with work as of late. While I normally take no more than a week to get to responding to apps, I thought I might warn y'all in advance that with the recent influx in applications, it's possible that it might take me longer than usual to get to them. Sit tight, have patience, and post more stuff on the public boards (where most of the writing takes place anyway) in the meantime. There's a possibility that this is just a false alarm and I'll be able to get to all of the applications around the end of this week, but I didn't want to take the risk of you guys becoming discouraged due to my lack of responding. Thanks for understanding!"

Having said this, Wyvern hands out free Bruteweiser beer samples to all of the recent applicants before putting on a pair of goggles and diving into the ocean of papers circling his desk, dissapearing amongst it's waves...

Wyvern's head briefly surfaces from his sea of papers...

Update!

Once again, my apologies for the lack of application responses recently, as well as the lack of e-mails to those who I did manage to accept this week. My life is unfortunatly still extremely busy, but things should clear up by this upcoming Wednsday and I should be able to get to things much more quickly then. Thanks once again for your guys patience... I'm hoping to get to one or two more applications this weekend, though I can currently promise nothing...

Having said this, Wyvern quickly shakes hands with Elwen, whynotsin, and Jareena Faye; who are new to the group of waiters, before strapping on his "sanity snorkle" and submerging into the seemingly endless ocean of papers once again...

last stitch and the sweater is done made to fit a lizzard type person tucks it all in a package and leaves it on the desk after her stange interview/sales pitch then. "Thank you " then strides out of the room leaving the youth serum behind and goes to find a good tall mug of meade.

Right... I'm gonna unsticky this thread soon since work has died down by this point and I shouldn't have any more problems in getting to applications for longer than the week I limit myself to. I just wanted to make this post to inform all applicants from Jamesdevin onward that I've finally gotten around to mailing all of you the additional Pen info, as promised. Apologies once again on the many delays that cropped up in acceptances, and thank you all very much for your patience. :) Welcome once again, one and all, to the Mighty Pen!

P.S: Jareena, I still need your e-mail addy or need you to send me a mail at elitwack90@hotmail.com so I can get you the additional Pen info. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Argh... just when I thought I could take this thing down, it seems I may need it up for a bit longer. I've started writing up my next app responses, but no telling how long it will take with the flow of current applicants. Solivagus, Damon Infernel, wyldepatienz, Quincunx, and Thinas... your patience is greatly appreciated! With a bit of luck, I should be able to respond to everything by the end of this weekend.

Having said this, Wyvern sniffles some magma trailing down his reptilian nostrils before quickly rushing out of the room to the nearest bomb test site in his need to sneeze...