The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A Book Here, A Book There, Books Everywhere

Tasslehoff

A many of topic here in the pens mighty keeps, is books.. Books of love and romance, books of hate and jealousy, books of heros and kenders, books of this and that, so I decided to make a post where people can suggest books for others to read, and icnlude a bit of an exerpt and explain it non the less.

My Suggestion:

The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy ; By Tim Burton

its a book of many randoms writings, heres one called: Jimmy the Hideous Penguin Boy

"My Name is Jimmy,

but my friends call me

the hideous penguin boy"

LMAO! I love this book. READ ~!~!

me talk pretty one day... david sedars....

why? 'cause tragic as this guys life was, you won't be able stop laughing...

warning this book not for the faint of heart... really it's not.

"seriouly though it helps if you name your instrument a name. What do you think you'll call yours?"

"Maybe I'll call it oliver, I said. That was the name of my hamster and I was used to saying it.

Then again, maybe not.

"Oliver?" Mister Mancini set my guitar on the floor." "Oliver? What the hell kind of name is that?"

rev...

Edited by reverie

I know a lot of you people have read these books and don't agree with me but I suggest reading the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. Also, it is surprising how many people haven't read the Lord of the Rings series. Don't judge teh books by the movies, the movies aren't nearly as good as teh books. I don't have an excert, but nonetheless I still say read them.

Hm, I actually liked the movies (well, movie, I've yet to see The Two Towers) more than I did the books. But that's just me.

I'll second the recomendation of the Wheel of Time. It's a great series and I'm impatiently waiting for the next installment.

Also, I'd suggest the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. It's different than a lot of his other work and really out there. The first four books are being re-released in June (I think the first is also being revised a little, not sure how I feel about that) and the last three are coming out in the next two years. The end of an era, really.

For anyone interested in horror, I'd recommend anything by Richard Laymon. He's written some seriously twisted stuff. I've read nothing like it.