The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Dreaming Real

jonathan_wolfe

This ones from the old forum, I thought it worth bringing back into the light again, if not for Rune's sake, then for the enjoyment by everyone else here. :)

Here we go,

[Dreaming Real]

Darkness

Wandering, sleeping, predawn, city

the spires, towers, beams, heights

the hell above, the skykiller, domination...

supremacy

Lightness

Consciousness sitting, metropolis morning

the deeps, cells, badlands, depths

the hope imbued in all

limitlessness

Blood

Blade, slashing out, intent... realization

the sight, the crimson, flesh and saber

the final rest, incogruence,

is this what's it like to die?

War

Noise, a flash, running and hiding, falling

faceless men, gunfire, missiles streaking... hit

the wait

i don't want to die...

Dreaming real...

Dreaming metal...

dreaming blue...

dreaming hope...

Rune comes tromping into the room when she hears jonathan wolfe's voice from within Banquet Room. She grabs a drumstick along the way and sits content listening to his recital. About mid way she forget's she is holding the drumstick and that her mouth is full of chicken.. and allows her jaw to drop open from the imagery created in the third and fourth verse. Her tiny hands are covered in grease as she whipes a tear from her eye with the empty hand.

mmfuf was beetooful She attempts to say with her mouth full.

Swallowing hard she realizes she has made a pretty big mess and heads toward the nearest washroom. As she leaves the room, jonathan can still hear her voice in his mind.

Its pretty interesting but for some reason as I read each section I kept thinking of colors. It went from distant black, to passionate red and orange, to warm yellow..to cold silver, to violent crimson, to empty grey..then a sort of soft blue. Anywho, very very good poem.

Rune pops her head into the room one last time to reveal a huge toothy grin before waving at jonathan with a tiny hand and heading down the hallway. Its obvious she has her heart set on getting into more trouble.