The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Well then.

Guest Carlyan the Wise

Guest Carlyan the Wise

After much persuasion and arguing back and forth with the Elder of Initiates himself, I have been persuaded to apply to this extremely respectable writer's guild, The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword. I ask you all to please be patient with me at first, as my writing is not in very advanced stages and I do need all the help I can get...

So, without further ado... here goes nothing.

(This poem wasn't written exactly as me, please don't worry about me cutting myself or anything.)

Sweet Blade

Sweet Blade, Sweet knife, of steel so cold;

Steel so cold and bright.

As I gaze longingly upon the blade,

I see my reflection as right.

Sweet blade, sweet knife, have you no sheath?

No sheath to call your home?

Soon, by my hand, you’ll have a cover

For blades, to violence, are prone.

Sweet blade, sweet knife, sweet weapon I wield,

With edge and point so sharp,

Someday, someone you’ll pierce—

Pierce to their very heart.

Sweet blade, sweet knife, sweet piece of truth.

Envoy of all that’s just

As I look upon you, I see the proof:

Impale myself upon you, I must.

Sweet blade, sweet knife, whisperer of relief.

You are lifeless; can tell no lie.

And upon your sweet, sweet blade,

I, the wielder, die.

Edited by: Carlyan the Wise at: 12/28/02 9:49:53 pm

Carlyan the Wise grumbles to himself as he waits for the infamous Elder of Initiates to arrive and review his application poem... Though at times the eager applicant denied the extent of his own knowledge, Carlyan was certainly wise, and was definitely wise enough to know that Wyvern should have arrived at the Office several days ago. Stretching out his arms and legs while anxiously gazing at a nearby grandfathers clock, the applicant suddenly raises a brow and sits up in his chair as he hears an approaching sound that ressembles ringing caused by the friction between several knives and kitchen utensils...

As if to immediatly answer his questions about where the sound was coming from, Wyvern suddenly bursts into the room wearing a chef's hat and an apron on which there is embroidered in bold letters "Kiss the scaly, reptilian chef". Right beside these words, there is scrawled in pen "...if you're a babe.", and on the back of the apron there's been written "Tail massages are also appreciated." Lining Wyvern's outfit are numerous interesting-looking pieces of cutlery, which were clanging together as he walked and had made the noise Carlyan had previously heard.

Turning to the applicant, Wyvern exclaims:

"My apologies for the lateness involved in responding... you wouldn't believe how hard it is to come across a level minded chef who wants to talk prices these days!"

Before Carlyan even has time to respond, Wyvern snatches his application from the desk where it sits and carefully reads over it while standing... Eager to be of some help, Carlyan offers the overgrown lizard a seat, but Wyvern kindly turns it down, explaining:

"Sorry, no can do... With the number of extra sharp knives currently in my pockets, sitting down would be kinda like resting on a bed of nails..."

After having finished going over Carlyan's application, the overgrown lizard grins and comments:

"Excellent application, Carlyan the Wise... very sharp wit, and some truly cutting edge writing. Slices right through the reader's emotions and pierces the heart. It's certainly "ACCEPTED"... but allow me to offer a sweeter weapon still! Introducing... Sugar Spork ™! The spork made completely out of yummy, delicious melted sugar... Can be used to impale, to fire projectiles, or even as a midnight snack! AoA approved. Only 256.679 geld plus tax. Shiny sparkly coating not included. (Note: Sugar Spork is not responsible for any paranormal activities resulting from the consumption of Sugar Spork. Consumers are aware that Sugar Spork often results in mega sugar rushes that can occasionaly be hazardous to the consumers health, as well as being capable of leveling small buildings.)

Having said this, several of the Elder Pen dwarves rush into the room disguised as the Sugar Spork Mascot (a spork personified as a super hyperactive clown) and begin dancing around the Office chanting an anthem about how sugar comprises a large part of our daily diet... Carlyan's application is stamped "ACCEPTED".

OOC: A very good application, Carlyan the Wise.

Definitely ACCEPTED, and my apologies for the lateness in doing so. Be sure to post your e-mail address here or send me a mail at elitwack90@hotmail.com so that I can send you the passwords and such... Welcome to the Mighty Pen!

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"If it doesn't make dollars then it doesn't make sense" - Triple Seis, "Glamour Life"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Edited by: Wyvern00  at: 1/1/03 8:56:43 pm

Guest Carlyan the Wise

*Carlyan blushes at the praise for his work, thanks Wyvern for accepting his application, and dashes off to write him an email.

Thank you all, I appreciate your comments... and Wyvern... I hate to inform you that I'll be passing on the Sugar Spork.

Guest Minta Rose

Minta zoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooms into the room, grabs a super Sugar Spork, licks it, dips it into pixystix sugar (grape), slurps that off, an' happily repeats the actions. . .

Guest alphabet and X

melted sugar...hmmmm... That is rather kinda messy. Might I reccomend that the next Sugar Spork V2.0 be made of pulled sugar. It is harder to shape but offers a much wider array of colors and is slightly more durible then melted sugar which equates to more lickability and hyperactive fun-ness. That's just my humble opinion. Feel free to take it, feel free-er to leave it your call.

Alphabet

Kind of here but mostly lost

(its good to see some old faces again)