The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Little Frenchies are doing stuff upside down

Jechum floats in...

Yes, Yes, I've seen the work you've been up too... very good. It's adding a multi-language atmosphere to The Pen that I particularly like.

I regret to inform you that our Elder of Initiates does require a piece of original work to be utilized in a Pen Application. Based on what I've seen, I feel you will more then easily be able to meet his requirements.

I recommend you read a few of the other applications and the have some fun and RP something out...

Jechum floats out...

Jechum Newbie, Mage of Shadows

the Pen is Mightier than the Sword - Lore Master

Madame Celes,

Comme notre chere Loremaster a dit, il faut que vous ecrivez un application specifiquement dans l'espoir de joindre notre societe. Cette application doit aussi etre ecrit en anglais. (Pardon ma francais, ce n'est vraiment pas parfait ). Merci.

English translation:

As our dear Loremaster said, you have to write an application specificaly in the hopes of joining our society. This application must also the written in English. (Excuse my French, it's nowhere near perfect). Thank you.

On a side note Lady Celes, thank you for posting things on our new french forum along with Arlequin. I highly enjoyed reading your posts, and look forward to more in the future.

[image]http://www.legion-whiterose.com/signatures/aoa/wyv.gif[/image]

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is one big crime, I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Edited by: Wyvern00  at: 11/27/01 9:42:16 pm

Well let's do it in both language in a special way:

A young looking lady walks over the French Pub of the Might Pen Faubourg and looks at the place. She then pulls out a paper out of a pocket on her floating blue dress and reads it for the 10th times.

- Ça doit être le bon endroit, she thinks to herself, Allons voir.

She walks in and sees that Arlequin had already exposed some of his works.

- Bon, je vois que cet bel et bien la bonne place puisque Arlequin y est déjà passé.

She looks at the people who tries to decipher the french guy pen works and chuckles a bit. She then writes her thoughts on another piece of paper and pins them nearby Arlequin's.

She then take on of Arlequin's work and proceeds to translate it.

- Hum... Comment devrais-je le dire en anglais? C'est pas évident de traduire ce mot-là.

Slowly, line by line, the translation takes its shapes and Celes brings Arlequin's text and translation back where they belong. She then procedes to translate more of Arlequin's work and her own work.

She was about to take of the wall Arlequin's third work when a gentleman approaches her.

- Mademoiselle, he said, pardonnez mon mauvais français mais vous devez allez voir le Elder.

Celes looks at the gentleman with an intrigued look.

- Ahhhh????, she replies in wonder, il faut que j'aille voir l'Elder pour écrire des trucs ici? Arlequin ne me l'a pas dit. Ah lalalala, c'est pas malin ça!

- Mademoiselle, Monsieur Arlequin did forget to introduce himself to the Elder as well.

She then chuckles.

- Vraiment? Je le lui rappellerait quand je le reverrait. Je suis Celes Crusader et vous êtes....

The gentleman raises an eyebrow, trying to understand the lady's babbling and realizes that she asks for his name.

- How rude of me to not introduce myself earlier. I am Jechum.

- Enchantée de faire votre connaissance. Alors, où doit-je rencontrer votre Elder?

- Hum... I'm sorry, I'm not sure if I understood what you've just said.

- Where I should meet your Elder?

- Oh. Follow me my dear.

Jechum leads the way to Wyvern's office, within which Celes waits for his arrival by singing some French songs.

Hehehehe better?

Peredhil pauses in the hallway and listens in delight to Lady Celes' lovely voice, enjoying the beautiful tones while not understanding any of the words.

M'Lady,

Your patience, understanding and good humor are appreciated nearly as much as the excellence of your writing. I'm so pleased to see you here!

Peredhil sets off to look for a Party Lizard.

Her cheecks blushes by Peredhil's good words toward her. She replies with a large smile.

- Merci Mademoiselle, you're to kind.

Then she sees Peredhil's walking away and she waves her good-bye.

- Au revoir, ma chère!

She then resumes her singing.

Since you wrote your application in a combination of English and French, I'll write my acceptance response in a similar fashion... only the other way around. Please excuse my rather rusty French, which is nowhere near as good as your English...

Bon, je vais ecrire cette reponse en francais et en anglais... Dans cette facon, je peut abuser Jechum comme je veut...

Wyvern entre dans son chambre d'applications avec un bouteille de vin et quelques fromages francais. Il fait ces salutations a Madamoiselle Celes, et puis il dit:

"Greetings Lady Celes. Excuse me for being a wee bit late..."

"A WEE BIT LATE?!!" crie Jechum, qui a attendu Wyvern pendant des heures dans la chambre "I've waited here for DAYS with Celes! What took you so long?!!"

Wyvern rit nervousement. "Well... I..."

Tout d'un coup, Melba entre dans la chambre avec un grand bouquet de roses et des chocolates. Elle trouve Jechum, puis elle fait des flirtations dans son direction... Jechum est terrifier par Melba (qui est gros comme un cochon) et cours vers la porte de la chambre. Maleureusement, il est trop tard... Melba le prit dans ces bras et l'embrase...

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" crie Jechum

"Oh my..." dit Lady Celes, qui est en train d'ouvrir la bouteille de vin.

Wyvern ne dit rien, car il est en train de prendre des photos de Jechum et Melba avec son petit camera speciale...

"Say Wyvern..." dit Celes "... I've never heard of this vintage of wine before... Chateau de Brutesy..."

Wyvern repond "It's a very special vintage from a certain Endless Decanter..." Puis, il marque l'application de madamoiselle Celes 'ACCEPTED'

OOC: Your accepted as an intiate Lady Celes. Welcome to the Pen.

[image]http://www.legion-whiterose.com/signatures/aoa/wyv.gif[/image]

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is one big crime, I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

OOC: You're French is way better than you think, dear Wyvern. There's still the gender rule that slips a bit but it is one of the hardest French grammar rules. The reasons for words gender is only "pronunciations esthetics". So, "chaise" is feminine because "une chaise" sounds better than "un chaise".

IC: Celes appreciates the delicious cheese assortment and wine.

- C'est un vin au goût bien corsé comme je les aime.

She smiles thinking about Jechum's "good time" with Melba and chuckles. When she sees that her application is accepted she smiles.

- Merci Vénérable maître. Il me fera plaisir de donner mes œuvres au Pen.

She keeps drinking and feasting with Wyvern.

OOC: Thank you. I'll shall write and translate works and roleplay along. Don't worry, my replies wont always be in french

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Arlequin

Ara Ara

Celes has included me in the request.

hmm.. why not :)

hum hum... I'm wondering if I could obtain an Initiat statut too.

I'm not very active in the English stuff but for the French I'm there !)

heheeee well ... too busy to speak more... laterzs

Guest Arlequin

ara ara to be an initiat.. I need to write soemthing for the Pen :)

aahhh okies...

*arlequin smiles warmly*

I'm a loner... I write story for the fun of my closed spirit. Sorry... I don't write often... only if my soul doesn't want to say something.

And it's rarely great... always confused and dark... but honestly after I feel better.

Anyway Honored guest is a real title for a loner as me.