The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

*the approach of the ballader*

Guest Dragcor Warwick

Guest Dragcor Warwick

*waves heartfully to the crowd*

thanks for the invite, im a little slow with ezboards, something to do with the fact im supposedly banned for life, but i swear, it wasnt my fault i tripped, and who can blame ME for the fact the kings son got pushed foreward into the barred blade his son was showing him

*grumbles about his bloody clumsy luck*

o wells, its good to be here, now...where do i join again??

Welcome Dragcor!

Peredhil points to the door at the rear of the room, over which a sign is posted, which reads, "Abandon all Geld, all ye who enter here!"

"If you go through that door (ignore the turnstile) and down the hallway, the door at the end opens into the Recruiter's Secretary's Office.

I think the sexual harassment charges are still pending, so don't bother knocking, just go in."

"On the other side of that room is another door. The Recruiter's office. You post your application there , such as an example of your writing, or sing a song or such. The Recruiter will look it over and determine if you're ready to be an Initiate.

"If yes, then put Initiate of the Pen is Mightier than the Sword in any prose or songs or such you wish considered for membership here.

"If you post here, it's easier for us to keep up with you, but if you post at Archmage, it's still alright.

"After a reasonable sampling to show your potential to us, we'll make you a Page and send you the Secret Signs, Passwords, and a secret decoder ring. Or something like that. "

"But it all begins behind that door..."

Guest Dragcor Warwick

*looks at peredhil dumbfoundedly*

"umm, ok, sure, i go umm, this way"

*slams into wall number one* "no, that is definately not the way"

"wait, I KNOW, ive got my magical compass"

*sits on the floor, pulls out his chips ahoy and glass of milk, drops the cookie in*

"come on magical cookie compass, go go go"

slowly...ohh so slowly, the cracks fill with milk, and the cookie sinks, inevitably to the north

"HERE WE GO!"

*runs toward the recruitment room, trips falls and lands on his face with a splat*

"darn this poem better be worth the broken nose"

an oldy but one of my favs, i still prefer it to the new stuff i wrote

How can you say that you're confused

When all is black and white?

How can you say that you weren't wrong

When you know that you weren't right?

How could you say you loved me

Then turn and take it back?

How can you say your heart is pure

When we all see it, black?

How can you be a lover

When all you want is 'friends?'

How can you strive for beginning

When all you leave is ends?

How can you be washed by the blood

And your robes all be snow-white

When all about you is blasphemy

And in your heart midnight?

• 3 weeks later...

Dragcor awakens from the slamming of an office door. He had been waiting for Wyvern in the recruitment office for over a month now, and had dozed off in an easy chair. Cobwebs cover him, and he immediatly gets out of the chair and quickly brushes them off. He looks towards the grandfather clock located in the corner of the room. 2:40 A.M. Whoever was coming into the office at this time certainly was arriving late...

Dragcor turns towards the source of the sound only to find that Wyvern had finally arrived in his office. What a state the overgrown lizard was in. He wore nothing more then what appeared to be a trash can with holes for legs and arms, and the only item on him was the Decanter of Endless Booze. The way he staggered and swayed when he walked suggested that Wyv was dead drunk.

Dragcor speaks up:

"Mr. Wyvern... Have you processed my applica-"

Dragcor is interrupted as Wyvern lets out an enormous belch. As he belches, a jet of flame soars from his mouth and narrowly misses Dragcor's head.

"Whuzza-? Application? Youwanna application? Lemme seere..."

Wyvern manages to open a drawer in his desk and takes out what appears to be a blank piece of paper. He then begins searching for a stamp.

"Ummm... excuse me..." mutters Dragcor "... but I believe you should be stamping an application form... not a blank piece of paper."

"Shaddup ya pink elephant!" bellows Wyvern before letting out another belch and letting another jet of flame fly. Wyv then looks at the paper and notices that it IS blank. He turns to Dragcor and murmers:

"On theother han, thanks ya pink elephant! Getcha some peanuts later..."

Wyvern then takes out the correct application form and tries to stamp it with the 'ACCEPTED' stamp only to miss. He misses several times and covers his desk with 'ACCEPTED' markings. Dragcor watches this in awe, wondering how such a irresponsible and uncontrolable almost dragon could be the guilds main recruiter. Finally, Wyvern manages to stamp it 'ACCEPTED'.

OOC: Dragcor, excuse the latness of my response. I was undecided on your acceptance for some time. Your poetry is VERY good, but at the same time you posted a thread in the Banquet Room, "please don't reply to this", which was in essence spamming. I'm accepting you as an intiate under the condition that you will create no other such threads.

Welcome.

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is like one big crime: I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Edited by: Wyvern00  at: 9/27/01 9:59:25 pm

Guest Dragcor Warwick

since i went out and blew out my knee at your school, (yes wyvern I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE HAHAHA) i figure ill be writing alot more

its that whole im stuck in a wheelchair thing

You live around these parts?!

E-mail me: elitwack90@hotmail.com

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is like one big crime: I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Edited by: Wyvern00  at: 9/29/01 8:59:56 pm