The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Inspired by Ozy's

Gwaihir

Just a little thing.

I didn't post it in his thread though, because it's in a different spirit. I advise that you read or have read Dylan Thomas' 'Do not go gentle into that good night' first though.

Do not go gentle

Old man fighting, although he has no hope

Like a Priam, he can’t give up, or win.

He lifts his sword, weakly, tries to make his

hand stop shaking, not that he feels afraid,

but that it’s been too long, he’s just too old.

He may be weak but he’s tenacious too.

So he totters his sword and shield in hand

Running to face the dying of the light.

----------

I want to be page 93 of Pineapples, the Avian Crows-Nyyark

Bhurin stiffles a smile, as his eyes widen, and he covers his mouth with his hand.

Excellant! Though I'm the last person to even think about mirroring or altering a work of great literature (not that you have, just a personal comment on my part), I really like this poem.

Talk about old age raving at the close of day! (I'm actually a big fan of Dylan).

You have almost created a medievel rendition of the poem, how very appropriate and fascinating.

(I'm sorry, but you armed the poor man with a sword! I'm afraid I burst out laughing when you did. Forgive me if you intended this to have a serious atmosphere).

You have forged a poem alike to the great work, and put it into context for others to enjoy who may never read (or understand) the author from which you based it on.

Thank you, and bravo! Very well done.

Signed-

I gave him a sword, because in the Aeneid, Priam, the Trojan king, arms himself, though with a spear, and vainly attacks the guy who kills his son before being killed himself. I'm glad it was funny though . ----------

I want to be page 93 of Pineapples, the Avian Crows-Nyyark