The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

To Quest or not to Quest

Guest Morganex

Guest Morganex

Morgane ambles slowly though the halls of the pen. A lolly in her right and a Teddy in her left hand. A concentrated frown on her face she mumbles to herself:

"A feather *lick* why would I need a feather.....What do you say Mr. Teddy?

Oh a quest....uhm what's a quest?*lick* Oh you mean where u uhmmmmm go out and kill and stuff *lick*.

No no I am not scared but......uhm where do I find a quest? I have one already you say???

OH!!!

Well *lick* I uhm didn't listen to him. Well yes I cought the feather part but....

I kow Mr. Teddy but grown-ups are so odd ...*lick*

yes yes mommy wants to be a quill thingy but really why do I have to search for that feather thingy?

OH it's gonna be fun you say? *lick* promisse??

Well if you say so I guess I will....but where do I start?

OH!!!!"

With a happy smile on her face all difficulties resolved Morgane hops and skips down the corridor Mr. Teddy dragged behind her to rip appart all comforters and pillows in the hold to find the elusive feather.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Morganex

OOC: well where are my fellow questers?

if i understood da order aright we were supposed to cooperate huinder and or sabotage each other.....and to all u other lazybutts...help me out here i am a role-player and not a story teller so gimme sth to play with (and yes val hun u STILL owe me a post git to it lazy)

which reminds me...Wyvern DOES own a featherbed doesn't he? a nice BIG one???RRRIIIIIPPPPP!! *nudge nudge hint hint*

I ahd assumed the UBB Conservatory...

If our erstwhile Elder would be so kind as to clarify, I will be happy to ...

ummm....

well, you know....

The vertically challenged mage casually pulls some more lint from his cavernous ear...

Peredhil doesn't see the esteemed Lore Master anywhere. For that matter, other Elders seem in short supply.

Speaking of short, it sounds as if Lord Jakob, always good for reading and conversation, is in a quandary. And the lovely Morgane there also.

With a sigh, Peredhil tries to think past his cold medicines.

Erk.

Clearing his throat, he tries again.

Rereading the Quill Quest and the OOC in the Greenroom, this is my take on the Quest. Jechum can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd dearly love to see y'all promoted, and I'll do my best to remove obstacles such as confusion.

If you can follow what I mean.

Waving his hands in vague circles to supplement his words, Peredhil plunges on.

Given the dying nature of Archmage, Reincarnation from Hell, and therefore its Bulletin Boards, I decree that the Conservatory to which Jechum was referring is the one here, at the Pen site.

That gives access to all Pen members (and visitors) who might wish to participate, and a single place for you to focus your efforts.

It also ensure that the writing won't suddenly disappear into financial insolvency.

Finding the required feather will be an adventure worthy of your talents as it is, with no other obstacles.

So mote it be.

Elder Elrond Peredhil

*sigh*

Jakob summons one of his faithful sheep and sprays a generous amount of sticky-tack over it's fleece. Carefully avoiding the adhesive, he points the mobile sticky note towards the UBB Conservatory and implants the image of fresh grass on the threads surrounding his beginning post of the erstwhile parody in the hopes of eventual retreival...

Guest Minta Rose

Minta pried at the lock with her dagger until it clicked open and popped open the box with a giggle. Sadly, there was nothing of value inside, but there was a spent mana crystal, which she pocketed to give to Rydia. Dropping a few pixy among the spell scrolls, she fastened the lock and put the box back on the shelf, then slid down the evening gown and opened the closet door, letting in a hailstorm of feathers.

"Whatcha doin'? We're not gonna find any money in there and I really really wanna try out that potion."

Little Morgane picked a feather off of her lolly and made a face, tossing the sticky feather over her shoulder. "I gotta find a feather though, the grownups said so, and maybe they'll get the potion for me if I'm good," she explained.

"Maybe I've got one," replied Minta thoughtfully. She tugged at the bottoms of her pockets, inverting them and spilling out pixy stix wrappers, the wings of the first angel she ever killed, a silver circlet engraved to irritate the emotions, anti-cootie gems, vials of venom, caffeinated peppermints with attached fungal gardens, human knucklebones, a super-bouncy-ball, a crumpled red feather, more pixy stix wrappers, zombie gut strung with tabs from cans of Jolt cola, both darkwood daggers, sparklydragon dust, a Kraag plushie, a fifty-cent piece, warm winter mittens made out of unholy reaver hide with holes worn in the fingertips, a tattered green hair-bow, a splinter of wood from the paddle for the ark, the spent mana crystal, yet more pixy stix wrappers, and Rydia's Pen of Moderatorship. She stood in a knee-high pile of junk.

Guest Morganex

Morgane watches the mess with her eyes wide.

"Wow...I mean WOW. LOOK Mr. Teddy she's got so much neat stuff!!!....oh"

With a grand sigh Morgane turns towards the door. Suddenly her face brightens.

"Uhm Minta .... I am heading for Orlans bedroom...he *lick* is next on Mr. Teddy's list.....oh what did you say.....oh sorry didn't wanna be rude. Minta meet Mr. Teddy...Mr. Teddy this is Minta she's real nice!"

With a flourish Morgane hands out the Teddy (slightly sticky and covered with feathers) to Minta.

Guest Morganex

"Well uhm.......*lick* it was an accident...sort off. I mean I got into the laboratory *lick* and there were all these neat things....and so I fed them to my Teddy. Yes Mr. Teddy I tell her *lick* how you were born.....oh...yes we'll hurry.

Mr. Teddy says it's nearly bed-time so I guess we better hurry ....."

Guest Minta Rose

Minta scrutinizes Mr. Teddy. "He doesn't look zombie," she concludes, but shakes his paw anyway. "What kind of spell do you use to get that kind of bear?"

As she pushes open the door to the corridor, a storm of feathers swirls out, alighting gently on the fleece of a strangely sticky sheep. . .

Guest Minta Rose

Morganex posted,

"Well uhm.......*lick* it was an accident...sort off. I mean I got into the laboratory *lick* and there were all these neat things....and so I fed them to my Teddy. Yes Mr. Teddy I tell her *lick* how you were born.....oh...yes we'll hurry.

Mr. Teddy says it's nearly bed-time so I guess we better hurry ....."

In Orlan's room. . .

Minta Rose posted,

Minta unstoppered another jar and sniffed. "Nope, this one smells like flowers," she said, corking it and putting it back on the table with the others. An empty bottle of cherry-flavored massage oil rolled on the floor, and she rubbed the back of her hand across her sticky lips before reaching for yet another container. She beamed at the contents, squeaking, "Chocolate!"

Little Morgane dropped another torn pillow and ran over, and they dipped pixy stix into the whipped chocolate and happily snacked. Mr. Teddy, propped up against the side of the bed, got a bite every few minutes, and sat there with chocolate smeared on his snout. "I didn't find the right feather yet," she chatted, poking another chocolate-laden pixy stix at the stuffed animal, "but Mr. Teddy's been helping me so I'll find it!"

"Ummm, how's a feather get to be a quill?" Minta asked. She tried to lick the inside of the empty chocolate container but it was too small, so she hid it under the bed.

Guest Morganex

"Uhmmmm no idea! I saw one of the grown ups whittle away at a feather once...but uhm I haven't learned to write yet......though Mr.Teddy taught me how to read.

Well I guess it's not here.....that was the last room......."

Morgane hangs her head....."Where can I get feathers....ooooo BIRDS. Mr. Teddy do you know what kind of bird we need? A big one u say? Oh but I like the swans in the lake.....Kill them all you say but but but......."

Morgane looks at the Teddy in wide eyed wonder.

"That could work I guess but where do I get bird sized sweaters........"

• 1 month later...
Guest Morganex

Having left Minta happily asnooze in what was left of Orlan's feather bed Morgane happily skips through the corridors of the keep Mr. Teddy bouncing along behind her. Her way is marked by smears of chocolate on the floor (Mr. Teddy didn't wipe his snout) and chocolaty handprints on walls hangings and the occasional picture.

"U know Mr. Teddy this is starting to be fun......what about the sweaters though?......oh good idea!!! We'll ask Rosmary she knows a lot....knitting? uhmmmmm no idea well Rosemary will know......."

Morgane stops a slight frown forming between her eyes.

"Uhmmmm Mr. Teddy? Rose is a grown up and.......well.....thing is.........sometimes it's awfully hard to understand what she......... OH"

Morgane beams and continues in her hike to Rosemary's room secure in the knowledge that Mr. Teddy will translate.