The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

I had been scared

Yesterday, we had crashed. No one had been harmed but everyone had been scared. It happened so quickly, though.

My collegue and I were working, he was driving the pick-up while I was seated in the back of the pick up, on the opened tin gate, attached onto a seat that was attached on the driver side of the said gate, so that I can pick up the cones that were on the freshly painted yellow road lines. A pole with a wheel at the end was attached at the front of the truck. This pole can be laid down on the street and is used to aim the middle of the road when premarking the streets. Safety fluorescent bands sticked on the truck, orange flashing somes and an arrow shaped lighting board, like the ones you see on road works, was flashing a flat bar, meaning that you cannot pass this truck were the only things that were supposed to protect us. I said supposed because people are just reckless around our truck. We just finished picking up the last cone of that road and we went up over a place safe enough to turn around. Meanwhile, another pick-up truck drove over 60 miles per hour and attempted to pass us at our left. I've seen the blue pick-up hitting us at the left side of the truck, right at the light and the pole, making our truck a slight but violent spin to the right. The only thing I heard was the screetches of the breaks and the crashing noises while I was holding onto my seat, feeling the belt's pressure on my tighs Then everything stopped and I found myself on the side, touching the ground with my hand and trying to lift myself up, since my butt had slipt at the side of the seat and that the seat belt was now crushing my belly.

While I scrambled to detached myself, my collegue jumped out of the car and rushed over me, asking if I'm allright with the most worried tone I've ever heard from him. I've nodded that I was unharmed and I finally managed to detached myself. I looked around and a mess of epic proportion was displayed in front of me. We crashed in the front yeard of a milk farm, while our working truck stopped in on the road, the blue pick-up ran over a mail box, a trash can and pulled out the safety cable of an electrical post and ended its frenzied race in an hangar made of two-by-fours and metal sheets. The driver, a vetenarian was surprisingly unharmed but he knows that his truck is good for the junkyard. The front of our pick-up had been move a bit right way, the pole's rod had been tear up from the truck and landed several feet away, one light on the driver side had been utterly destroyed while the framing that was holding the remaining lights is in pieces. But the car was still in shape to roll but not to work, since one of the domes doesn't work and the arrow had it shares of problems too.

While waiting for the police and our collegues that worked at the tracer to arrived at the place, I was thinking of alot of things. I knew that by seating in the back of the pick-up, that I was in a vulnerable position. Anyone who crashed on the back of the tin gate could instantly kill me. I was aware of this but I just couldn't imagine the danger per see. I've never had been in a crash before, so for me, it was just a theorical situation that could happened but I couldn't know how its like. 27 years of life could have ended stupidly in a few seconds.

The police came as well as the tracer, and after everyone gave their deposition and after some quick repairs, we left the farm and returned to work. We finished the job with only the tracer, which waisted time but we havent have much choice since the cop told us that the lighting system is not enough to insure our safety. As for me, I just wanted to end this long day, hug my lover and telling him how much I love him.

Life is not something you should take for granted.

Your magical style is Dark.

What type of Magic do you work?. Take the Magical Style Quiz by Paradox<i></i>

Edited by Alaeha

Thanks to you 3 guys.

We all had the habit of telling ourselves that this happens to others, not us. I was no different until then. It helped me to put things back in perspective.

Your magical style is Dark.

What type of Magic do you work?. Take the Magical Style Quiz by Paradox<i></i>

Edited by Alaeha