The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Poetic Justice - Contest Entries

Wyvern

The contest:

The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language defines "poetic justice" as "an outcome in which virtue is rewarded and vice punished, often in an especially appropriate or ironic manner." As the title of my new compilation CD suggests, poetic justice is one of the central themes of the CD and plays a major roll in its messages...

The task I ask of you, the contestants, is to write any piece of writing about (or in some way incorporating) the concept of poetic justice. The piece of writing can be a story, a poem, or anything else that inspires you, just so long as it incorporates the topic. Note that poetic justice does not have to be an outcome in which both virtue AND vice are rewarded accordingly, but can also be about either if you want. Entries will be judged on the basis of effort, creativity, and quality writing.

-------------------------------------------------------

The contest ends February 6th. No entries will be taken or considered after that date.

This thread should only contain entries submitted to the contest, all other things about "Poetic Justice" should be posted in the thread entitled "Poetic Justice", located here.

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"If it doesn't make dollars then it doesn't make sense" - Triple Seis, "Glamour Life"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Edited by: Wyvern00  at: 1/6/03 11:26:24 pm

Guest Minta Rose

Perfect, an excuse to do what's needed doing for awhile. Granted that it'll be out in Reality, but that should make all this more poetic in the end. I'll check back in in a few weeks.

[Edit: Oh yeah, Tzim-persona writing, 'deleting nothing between maiden and mage'--anyone remember that? Heh.] Edited by: Minta Rose at: 1/3/03 12:18:35 am

Mind's Eye

The thing that sees all is the Mind's Eye

When it punishes you for your crime you'd whish you'd die

You kill one person or any

It's tourture you withthe force of many

It deals justice but no reward

In it's hands it hold your life chord

A snip and it has done it's job

It will punish you for murder,decit,or rob

My entry! Short like all my other poems!

Through the woods I wander, upon a blissful eve,

My heart is all asunder, upon this starlit eve,

To the fair maiden, my love I shall proclaim,

I am the best of men, and lower she shant aim,

As I travel to the hovel, her home in these lands,

An idea I get quite novel, to put a ring in her hands,

When I travel more I see, I have no ring nor chain,

A theif I shall need be, to end my disdain,

Farther I go, go deeper, into a serene sin,

'Til I find the forest's keeper, steal I shall from him,

When he's found I see him laden, covered in gold coin,

I will rob for my maiden, only me -in marriage- she will join,

Alas, I have been thwarted, now he gallops on a noble steed,

Without you she can't be courted, I bellow wishing him to heed,

He steals my love away, 'tis him she chose for all of time,

And now to this very day, I dream of her beeing mine.

Here is my poem... Do I get extra points for using 'shant'? ===Vlad the rage-aholic===

I can't live without rage-ahol!

"Me is smart. Dur." -Stick

Guest Minta Rose

A summary of the week. Gods I hate diaries. And if you think THIS looks fake, get me drunk (REALLLLLY drunk.) and convince me to show you the 1992 World Wildlife Fund planner I wrote in that year:

Saturday: Quarrel re: Wednesday re: being locked out of the house. Damn nice to be unable to get into your own home it is, especially when _the other occupant is inside_. The problem got a bit more plain.

Monday: Brooded on Vegas.

Tuesday: Wrote PM. Deleted it. Wrote another one. Let it sit for a few hours. Deleted it. Left window open for a few more hours. Closed window, booted up EQ. Played for a few, make that several hours. Was called away to snuggle, left Z high and dry (he lived). Camped, reporting snuggliness. Certain parties were peeved, I was amused.