The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

IDEAS

Snypiuer

(The new color scheme doesn't really show it, but the underlined words ARE links you can click on!)

Well, still a bit slow.

Appy did finish Wild Roses (I FINALLY figured out how to make links look better!!!) - which is something a few of us should also be doing with our own works (Yes. I am one of the BIGGEST procrastinators here and need to learn from Appy more than most).

As mentioned in last News post, I have made a Dark Tan skin.

THANKS to those who have responded and I look forward to any suggestions anyone may have!

If you haven't read it, please read:

Announcement: 'Monthly Shirt Giveaway'

It can be found at the top of any Forum.

I also have a few ideas:

1. I've been thinking about randomly choosing a Pennite (once a month or so) and featuring their work in a special section - I just have to figure out HOW.

2. Starting a Twitter account for the Pen as well as getting the Facebook page to interface (is that the right term?) with the site - once again, have to figure out HOW (we have the icons, so I KNOW it can be done).

3. Start collecting submissions for an E-Book. Several of the on-line bookstores have a program to put one together and publish through them for around $200 or less - I also have a friend who does internet stuff that can help.

I'm thinking it should be mainly (about 75%) work NOT posted on the site. It could be free to download or, if we do charge, the money can go to the Pen for our yearly fees. It would take a while to get everything together, so I would be able to get the money to pay for it by the time it was needed.

Let me know what you think.

Finally, ANY ideas ANYONE has to improve the site, PLEASE! let us know. You can even PM me if you want to stay anonymous.

Thanks and, as always, POST!

• 4 weeks later...

Please use any my poems, if they will aid in your quest. I also plan to write some stories in the near future, use them if you must. I am sorry for my bluntness but I have a fierce opponent to face. So I am off to kill my rival, Mr. W. Block!

With that James turned and walked down the dark hallways of the Mighty Pen. Glancing back with a wicked smile.

May we see each other soon, my fellow bards. Also in all honesty the new skin is....dark? Fits the mood I am currently in, but also the state of the pen. A home with a small light burning, a becon to those seeking...ghost.

♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣

In hindsight, the new background has an old noir feel. I still like the dark tan the best but your new skin might just have solved my W. Block problem!

Edited by James Crow