The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Stubborn child

OxygenPlant

Standing on this ledges edge

I challenge you to test my bitter outlook,

To tell me I am wrong for being so,

or acting so.

Without being told, I already know.

For consequence denies me the right to be right.

As a stubborn child would,

I firmly ground and mark my place.

For anything that changes cannot be reality,

but lowly I crave this to be real and unchangable.

Although I know that today is the tomorrow I created for myself yesterday, (<--- This line makes me gag!! sorry for the cheesyness

I hope that the faster I descend,

the quicker I will lose responsibility to make tomorrow.

Come forth and show me,

for I am a fool.

Today I am wrong.

Tomorrow may change.

Some things that occuredto me while reading:

• Love the fact that I was drinkig caramel while reading a poem about irresponsibilty.
  • You labeled the line above it as being hateful; but "for the cheesyness"...? Gwuh??
  • MAN this poem pulled recklessness and irresponsbility out for me immediately.

Well played Sir! Or Ma'am! Or plant...thing...wiht a home computer...

~flails leaves~

Pulled recklessness and irresponsibility out of where? I didn't quite understand sorry.... :/

and that line that made me gag - you don't find that so cliche and unappealing?

What am I talking about?! Plants have no gag reflex...

That line made me wither and turn brown.

Pulled recklessness and irresponsibility out of where? I didn't quite understand sorry.... :/

Ah. Out of the poem. Extreme impatient feeling, it evokes, to a reckless AND irresponsible level.

Rather neatly conveys someone who is/is about to do something very ill-advised, maybe even dangerous.

and that line that made me gag - you don't find that so cliche and unappealing?

Nope. Other than it's much longer, it flows with the rest (perhaps more lyrically than poetically, but still).

Sorry for the cheesyness

, however reads like it could be cut out entirely and not interrupt the poem at all.

Does *that* line have any deeper meaning?

Mmmm - I dig what you're saying. For sure. No deeper meanings there. This is an older poem and I guess I was mildly embarassed about it. I have always chosen to write about things that are negative and I am looking to grow as a writer and write things more positively or with a new perspective and I guess sharing that line felt like I was holding myself back in some way.

The poem is sort of about wanting to throw a tantrum and complain that life isn't fair and it's too hard and I dont wanna try anymore and BUY ME SOME CANDY and now carry me cuz my legs are tired. But meanwhile realising that it will get me no where and that I have to stand on my own two feet and keep it together or I will make it worse for myself. Poem is about being bitter about that realisation but looking to move on.