The wind whispers to the leaves.

Then it blows them all away.

Then the wind no longer speaks.

There is nothing left to say.

Between you and me,

I let something set us free.

Between you and me.

• 3 weeks later...

I like this- it's not often one finds cigarette smoking sounding attractive. :)

I especially enjoyed the third stanza; it read so much like an allegory of losing one's breath to a cigarette as allegory to love taking one's breath away than the whole rest of the poem; and did I see some reference to making her leave in "Then it blows them all away.

There is nothing left to say."?

I tend to think not, because the last stanza is so peaceful and hopeful, but I got too curious not to ask.

There's this and 'Angry Horse'- is there an addiction pattern/series developing here?

I like this- it's not often one finds cigarette smoking sounding attractive. :)

I especially enjoyed the third stanza; it read so much like an allegory of losing one's breath to a cigarette as allegory to love taking one's breath away than the whole rest of the poem; and did I see some reference to making her leave in "Then it blows them all away.

There is nothing left to say."?

I tend to think not, because the last stanza is so peaceful and hopeful, but I got too curious not to ask.

There's this and 'Angry Horse'- is there an addiction pattern/series developing here?

Thank you so much for thinking about it. But I'm afraid I'm not sure what you're question is. Can you ask it again a different way?

Thank you!

Sure thing;

Here, the main analogy seems to be between someone (or something) being like your first cigarette- cigarettes being quite addicting.

In 'Angry Horse' you said in your later posts specifically that the poem is about addiction.

Even 'The Wind in Tow', you talk about "going in circles" and "grinding the gears", which make it sound like the speaker started off willingly in the trip, but is now stuck in it.

Is this a recurring theme of addiction, or just coincidental?