Touch is nothing tangible

Just a sensory projection.

Drifting nomad mind,

you move in hopes of finding self

in an existential wasteland.

Nothing here but barren prose.

Drifter you are weary,

it's time to travel home.

Ooh, there's a lot to appreciate here, especially the last few lines. Good choice of words gives a good feel to it, and the topic is interesting.

I hope you don't mind my saying, though, you need to watch your "it's" and "its". The apostrophe is needed in this word only as a contraction to it is. If you're talking about possessing something, use "its":

My mind has packed it's napsack -> My mind has packed its napsack

A trap in it's own regard. -> A trap in its own regard.

it's time to travel home. -> This one is right.

I mention it because it's such a little thing, but very jarring to some to see it wrong.

Cheers!

Hehe, thanks Katzaniel. And thanks for your OCD apostrophes. It's (oooooh, see what I did) not even something I would have thought of. Although, I write pretty scrappily. <-- Hope that non existent word doesn't annoy you. I care not for the restraints of good enligaesh! Haha, no really, thank you. And thank you for taking the time to read it. It's (oh my gosh! it wore off on me!!) one of my favourites. I'm hoping to be more active here again! So... gogogo!

Edited by OxygenPlant

There's a good narrative going on here, I like the story told of your mind leaving and then (presumably) returning when it has completed its sojourn.

I've looked at this several times now and am still finding new insight and perspective and new messages coming from your poem.

To refrain from saying the same things that have been said, and definitely have been worth saying:

I really like the 'A trap in its own regard' line. (mind the apostrophe there though; it's not a verb, its a possessive pronoun)

I can read it in four different ways when combined with the surrounding lines, each of them equally meaningful.

Great stuff ^^

Edited by Mardrax