The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf XL - Back to Basics

Mynx

Well! I'd say it's high time we had another one of these games, don't you all?

And since it's been so long since the last one, I think it's time we went back to the beginning format.

So, instead of a theme, it's just good old villagers being tormented by werewolves :D

For those unaccustomed to the game, it's relatively simple. You have your villagers, your wolves, and depending on numbers your seer and baner.

The game rotates between Day Phase and Night Phase. During the Night Phase, the wolves come out and kill, the seer picks a player to see if they're more than they seem, and the baner picks a player to protect. During the day, unless the wolves' kill was unsuccessful, the players all come together and lynch one of their own in an attempt to thwart the beasts.

The game ends when either all of the wolves have been lynched and the villagers win, or the number of wolves equals the number of villagers, resulting in the wolves winning.

The number of wolves depends on playing numbers, and the game's always more fun with more people.

So come one come all! Sign up everyone! That includes you too, newbies!

Signup will be open for at least a week but maybe longer. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or just ask around :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Raven lands in the middle of the table in the middle of the room and prances about,

"I am in, count me in, and as for character, I shall be the town philosopher (drunk), who's name is Enipul Mai"

*assumes character*

"Greetingsh all, *stumbles* My name ish the mosht venurable Enipul Mai, *bows and paused with head on knees* at your servish"

:raven:

After being "gently" convinced by our dearest Tanuchan (death threats, threats of Mynx being unleashed upon me, etc ...) I've decided to sign up as well. Apparently having no time is no longer an excuse, but a reason to write :)

Character to come ...

Enipul Mai wanders into the room again after a short walk through the keep, sitting quietly beside the crowd he clears his throat and loudly proclaims to no-one in particular,

"the Great propheth once shaid, beware of the wolfsh in villager'sh clothing, for they ish the ones eating everyonesh charatersh."

pausing with his finger pointed skyward and his mouth open Eniplu Mai draws a raspy breath and dozes off, swaying slightly.

Count me in!

I'll be the daughter of the Miller, A Miss 'Sisie' Susanna Caroline Dean...age 11, brown hair in pigtails, always dirty, loves to explore everything and anything, loves to invent strange creations, and posessing of a particular love for one-upping the town boys in all things...

Ok, I'll freely admit that Crypt's character inspired me to choose mine.

I will be playing the part of Preston, the town bartender. Being a small town, Preston knows pretty much all his clients by name, especially his biggest customer, Enipul Mai.

Preston prides himself in being in the know when it comes to happenings in the town, and is a trusted confident for many of his patrons.

I'll be playing Xander, a man of undeterminable age, probably somwhere between 20 and 50. He was once a travelling artist with a minor drug problem. He found a village with a field of the herbs he uses to produce the drugs he uses right next to a small village, and became a settled artist in said village with a serious drug problem, now that his supply is almost endless. He mostly paints, rather surreal paintings with little to anchor them in reality, mostly due to his drugged state. When of a clearer mind he also occasionally sculpts or carves wood.

Enipul Mai looks up and sees Preston in the crowd. after several attempts finally manages to stand and amble swayingly over to the town bartender.

"Preshton! Morning Greetithsh you well, I am please to once again see you shining smile. I should like to quote for you from the famoush Bard George and his band of destroyersh, He shaid, and i quote, "I want one burbon, one scotch and one beer", I shall add the politenesssh to that quote, and shay pleashe."

Ahadrion Karios, a foreigner who seems to have made this village his home, speaks no known language (as none recognize his), but through pointing and varying the tone of his seeming gibberish, rarely fails to make his point. Surprisingly, while unable to speak it himself, he seems to understand the common language when used by others. While at first the townspeople distrusted him and thought him mad, the architecture he builds has bought some degree of trust. When not building someone's house, he can often be found staring into space, drawing strange devices, or occasionally even making them.

Edited by Hjolnai

Millicent Avery, 22, the cook at the tavern where Preston is the bartender.

Millie is single and orphaned; her father has vanished one night when she was 10 and her mother, the old schoolmistress of the village, died of fever a few years ago. By then her older brothers had moved out to make life in a bigger town and never again contacted her.

She's an exceptional cook, and known to make dishes to the taste of clients she likes; on the other hand, don't cross her if you ever want to taste really good food in the tavern again... she won't ruin a meal for it would cost her the job, but she knows how to make it taste funny if she wants to. She'll also serve food "on the house" for a selected person or two who, in her eyes, need healthy food at least once in a while -- Enipul Mai being one of them. (It doesn't really mean that they'll always like the taste... healthy is not always the same as delicious ;) )

In spite of her good looks, for she's pretty and has caught the eye of more than one young man in the village, Millie prefers to hide in the kitchen or in her small but tidy room in the attic of the tavern, or walk in the woods that surround the village. She nurses a secret wish to become a writer, and spends most of her free time putting down on paper what she observes around her.

Samuel McGreggor - Town Blacksmith

In his late 30s, Samuel is a towering 6'9" and a 280 pounds, most of the bulk in his hefty arms. Over time the hair on his head has thinned and a small patch of skin can be seen when he removes his cap, which he never does outside of his smithing shop. But he more than makes up for his hair loss with his large scraggly beard of dark black hair that extends off his chin a good 7 inches. He is often covered with soot and ash and is rarely seen outside of his shop except for the evenings when he can be found on his usual stool at Preston's Bar, easily the epicenter of activity of the small town. Although he drinks his fair share of whiskey from the bar, his hefty size keeps the liquor from having much of an effect on him. Those who watch him closely though will notice the strong effect that a certain bar cook has over him when she walks by though.

Jeremy 'Jem' Williams

His father is a clerk of some kind - Jem isn't exactly sure and doesn't really care. At fifteen years old, he's more interested in girls and adventure. He's constantly hanging around at the tavern or the smithy or anywhere there's a gathering, wanting to know what's going on. He is rarely home, which frustrates his mother, as she would like to groom her son into a respectable gentleman. But Jem would rather live a more exciting life. Energetic and inquisitive, Jem can often be persuaded to perform errands for villagers. He is a familiar sight around town and liked well enough, despite his tendency to get underfoot. He is disdainful of anything he deems childish, and considers himself an adult, despite others' opinions.

Current numbers at 11 - list below

I'm gonna give it to the end of the weak cos I'd like at least 12 but if not I should manage to get this rolling by the weekend...

Patrick – Xander, a settled artist with a drug problem

Tanuchan – Millicent Avery, the cook at Preston’s tavern

Lord Panther – Preston, the town bartender

Savage Dragon – Samuel McGreggor, the town blacksmith

Cryptomancer – Enipul Mai, the town “philosopher” (drunk )

Giles Jordan – Giles I. Crane, the town school teacher

Hjolnai – Ahadrion Karios, a foreigner

Mithrandin –

Venefyxatu –

Harmony – Miss 'Sisie' Susanna Caroline Dean, the Miller’s daughter

Dragonqueen – Jeremy 'Jem' Williams, the teenage son of a clerk

Jonathan Powers

35 yr old farmer, lives in his property on the outskirts of the village, but has some small properties scatered around. His latest "pride" is the vineyards, which have been planted a couple years ago allowing this year to be the first wine vintage in the village.

Ezekiel Llewellyn, 28-year old disgraced nobleman. Nobody really knows what happened before he settled in the village, and he certainly won't tell, but he doesn't seem to be welcome at the court anymore, or really anywhere in the more civilized world. Whatever happened, he did manage to keep his right to wear a coat of arms, and enough of the family fortune to live in relative comfort for the rest of his days.

He bought himself a nice house near the village centre, where quite often couriers can be seen delivering or taking away letters or parcels, a clear sign that he still has connections outside the village. Most of the time he keeps to himself because he just doesn't care enough about the other residents. Whenever he does mingle, he usually manages to remain polite and sometimes even friendly, although every now and then an arrogant streak in his character shows.