The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

I'm hiring writers

Salinye

Hey Pennites!

The title of this post probably made me sound like a board troll, eh?

Some of you probably know that I started a company outsourcing writers to companies about a year ago. It's grown OUT OF CONTROL. I've had a hiring freeze on for all of 2008 and now I'm recruiting like CRAZY. :0)

Here's the skinny:

My company can be found at www.contentdivas.com The homepage is sort of a bandaid page. I don't have all of the tabs up and my blog etc as I did a redesign and haven't gotten content to my designers yet because I'm too busy managing content for everyone else! The main things we write are article packages, reports and ebooks. We also do press releases, but that's not something everyone can write on. We get asked to write on every topic you can think of, except we don't do adult only (XXX) topics (Wyvern wishes) or gambling topics (Again with Wyvern).

I know making money from home on the internet can be scary because there are so many scams out there, so if you need references, ask any of the long-time respected pennites or elders about me. I'm ethical to a T and if you've ever wanted to make money from home writing, this is a GREAT opportunity for that. I pay my writers well and I can also help show you how to freelance outside of my company if you're interested in doing more work than my company can provide. If you've wanted to freelance, but never knew how to break into it, my company is a great way to get your feet wet in a friendly safe environment.

That being said, we do have standards, you've got to do a good job and deadlines are really important. :0) If you're interested in learning more information, you're not going to want to contact me (although you're welcome to do that as well) you'll want to email my admin Heather at wahmoadmin@gmailcom as she gets all new writers set up and processed.

Also, be sure to let her know you're from The Pen.

In addition, if you are under 18, I'll need to have your parents permission to work for me because I'm accountable to send you 1099's at the end of the year for your contracted work. It's up to you whether or not you report your earnings, but I do have to issue 1099's at the end of the year. So, I just want to make sure it's alright that you're working for me and so they know I'm not an internet stalker/predator (Wyvern wishes) etc. :0)

Anyway. Feel free to pass the word along to anyone else you feel might do a good job and appreciate this type of work from home opportunity. This is really great for stay home moms and college students as well. :0)

Talk soon!

~Shelby (Salinye)

Not only is she legit, she took the dream bouncing around 90% of our collective heads and brought it through to reality. :blink:

It doesn't sound like physical location (specifically, outside the U.S.) matters, but many of us are. Better to check up on that.

Awww thanks, Tzim. :0)

To answer your question, being US based is not a requirement, but English as a first language is. I have had a lot of AWESOME writers approach me and I WISH I could write as well as them in a language that is not my native tongue. However, I haven't been able to use any of them yet just because people write differently when English isn't a first language. Phraseology, terms, it's different. I have picky clients. :0) Although, if I could find someone who could write well enough to fool the clients, then kudos to them. I wouldn't turn them away for sure. :)

European English is even touchy sometimes due to different spelling, etc. However, the editors can fix that. :0) The only time that becomes an issue is if the topic is something that's Very "American" but that's okay because we have PLENTY of topics that come in that are quite international. :0) I hope this will arrive as a good opportunity for people. :0) It's neat when you can get paid for doing what you love.

~Shelby (Salinye) :fairy

OH!

I forgot to mention.

I have a HUGE, GINORMOUS need for writers who are also World of Warcraft players. I have had a LOT of requests for this and it just isn't a topic you can research and fake as the true players will sniff you out and eat you for dinner.

Just thought I would put that out there. :0)

~Shelbinye :fairy

You get paid on a per project basis. I have standard pricing for article packs, reports, ebooks, etc. :0)

1099 is what I'm required to send to everyone stating how much I paid them that year for my taxes.

You're considered an independent contractor. :0)

Cheers!

~Sal

Giving enough lead time for research I can write about just about anything. Let me know what kind of references you want / need and how to apply. I am going to be starving seminary student, so I could use the $$.

thanks,

rev...

Edited by reverie

Yes, I have samples. Please email me at sblwrites@gmail.com and I'll forward you an example.

This is also a GREAT opportunity to learn the type of writing that people are paying for. i found the hardest adjustment was just learning that they like things formatted a certain way and it goes against all my natural writing instincts to format it the way they like it online!

Rev, you are the PERFECT candidate for this type of work. :0)

Research and prep time is always included in the writing projects timeline and often times the research and prep is already done for you and handed to you. They just want you to make sense of it on paper for them.

We get asked to write on everything from Tools, to business topics, to HEY one guy even asked for a month's worth of "Anti-Hillary Clinton" articles. You just NEVER know what will come down that project pipeline. :0)

~Sal

Giving enough lead time for research I can write about just about anything. Let me know what kind of references you want / need and how to apply. I am going to be starving seminary student, so I could use the $$.

thanks,

rev...

It's always about the format isn't it? :) Once you get that down, it's like working a puzzle. Not hard, but you have to know rules to be able to play the game.

Cool I'm good at synthesizing randomness and I can write on any topic / point of view, so long as it won't jeopardize my path towards the ministry, which frankly is pretty wide open, so I doubt that will be an issue.

So cool, cool. Other pen ppls! Jump on board, this sounds like fun.

Hey guys!

Just a quick note.

Please include your real name when you contact us. :0)

Your Pen name helps ME know who you are, but only confuses my admin and we'll need your real name in order for you to be able to work for us anyway. :0)

Thanks!

~Shelby

Sounds like a lot of fun, and you get to understand the writing industry in general (in terms on how it works and how to get published). Highly recommended, even if it was just for an experience. No... the chances of being a successful writer is slim but you never knew if you could be the next Rowling! :)

Highly recommended. I would have given it a shot too if not for my poor writing skills and the fact that my daytime job and WoW sucks the life out of me.

Odd. I tested them both, I get a lot of email daily. Here are the three that will get to us:

wahmoadmin@gmail.com

wahmoutsource@gmail.com

sblwrites@gmail.com

My company used to be called wahmoutsource. I need to get all the addy's switched over to the new name.

~Salinye

Gmail says the above email address "is not recognized." :unsure: