The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

WWXXXII - Stephen King's Wolves of the Calla

Mynx

Guest Phoenix

Sialla Reblen - twin Sial (male), Roont & living with her family on the farm

She married young and has one set of twins, Zi and Ziran, both 4. She is now 23. Her husband, Darran, was killed on the farm two and a half years ago. Sial and Darran's twin Dara were in traces helping him plow when the accident happened - the plow traces got tangled around his neck. the two roont twins were found wandering the fields by the children going to take water to their father.

Since the accident Sialla has been running the farm and caring for the two roonts. she has never remarried. she spends what free time she has pracising with her Oriza. the coming of the wolves terrifies her - having three roonts to care for would be too much, and having lost her husband she is not willing to lose her child as well. some would call her overprotective, but she prefers to think of it as caution.

(subject to approval from Savage Dragon, i'm considering adding an attraction to Johnny Drumwoode into this. not sure how it would play - whether is would be somethign she would act upon - but it would be interesting.)

Edited by Phoenix

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry it took some time, but here it is ^_^

Bill Marsh, age 45. Works several jobs as being the town barber and doctor. While he was always happy as a young man, nowadays, he seems to take little joy from life, and hearing his wife Audra sing is one of the only things he has some pleasure in still. He inexplicably puts the blame upon himself for the death of his twin, Henry, who lived roont until a day past their 18th brithday. A bottle of drink Bill had gotten fell off a shelf when Henry bumped into it, and landed on his head, cutting a deep gash across his head. He wasn't found until he'd already lost too much blood, and died lying on the floor.

He and his wife have 5 children, one pair of twins, Arnie and Christine, age 21, of whom Arnie works as an assistant and student in his father's shop and takes care of Christine during his time off, who has been roont since their early childhood. And Jack, Patrick and Ralph, a 10 year old triplet. Their mother takes care of the younger kids, as their father is usally too pre-occupied to do much in that department, apart from the times when he helps them handling the crop garden their older brother used to tend.

Edited by Mardrax

Sweet

So here's the final list

• Panther - Freedrick of the Manni - Twin: Samual, alive
  • Tanny - Taleena Clearwater - Twin: Taleah, dead
  • Finnius - Luke Carpenter - Twin: Duke, alive
  • Savage Dragon - Johnny Drumwoode - Twin: James, dead
  • Mithrandin - Zeldon Clearwater - Twin: Zelda, dead
  • Ozy - Tam Cardeen - Twin: Shelly, dead?
  • Patrick - Joshua Oldwind - Twin: Tania, dead
  • Gryphon - Travis Reid - Twin: Terry, alive
  • Phoenix - Sialla Reblen - Twin: Sial, alive
  • Mardrax - Bill Marsh - Twin: Henry, dead
I was going to start a blank day phase tonight, but I'm too tired so I'm going to aim to get it up and running tomorrow...

Apologies for the wait...

Just to add a quick note - if any of the players who haven't read the book need a bit of help, I volunteer for answering any questions in post or PM (c/c Mynx)... I'm relatively around and might answer a bit faster than Mynxie due to timezone difference :).

I'll post something later.

To clarify two points, that I forgot to post...

Taleena is *very* pregnant - how close to her time is something I haven't decided yet, it'll mainly depend on how the story/RP goes... but anyone interacting with her can suppose around the 8th month of pregnacy at least.

Johnny/Savage Dragon helps with the triplets in a regular basis, spending some time at the Clearwaters' every day or couple days.

Sorry for the lateness, all. I'm jumping in at the last moment with permission from Mynx.

Benedict Burnheart (goes by Bene, pronounced Ben-uh).

I am sixteen years old, and I've never seen the wolves yet because they haven't come in my lifetime. I'm addicted to the local drug-of-choice, Devilgrass, and I've come to Calla Bryn Sturgis as a runaway from Calla Sen Chre in the north. I've been taken in by Father Callahan, who is continually trying to reform me of my bad habits. When I'm not high, I help Father Callahan with keeping the church clean, and work on one of the local farms for a woman named Rosalita. I am something of an outsider, and I don't really have many connections in the Calla yet.

Final list with Mer's character added

Will PM roles/etc tonight

• Finnius - Luke Carpenter - Twin: Duke, alive
  • Merelas - Benedict Burnheart - Twin: Unknown

Ok we're having some HEAVY rain here atm which is murder on the net connection so if I don't get the phase posted within an hour of this post, expect it within about 12 hours...I hope...

Edit: WOO! Got the post up. Now just need to send out roles. Expect PMs, all of you.

Now, the basics. Day phase will last approx. 48 hours, and Night phase 24. There are 2 wolves, a seer, and a baner. The wolves are folken who, through means not yet known, are trading names with the Calla wolves in what they hope is exchange for the safety of their kin. The seer will just be an accidental spy - spotting folken at things they shouldn't be doing. The baner, a similar scenario, delaying those from getting to where they need to be to pass on information.

You don't need a justifiable reason to lynchvote, but please include an OOC statement to make it clear.

Let the games begin!

Come-come-commala...

Edited by Mynx

Yes, just to make things clear. Johnny/ Me helps Taleena/ Tanny with her children and also helps Sialla/ Phoenix with hers.

It's just in his character to be as helpful as possible because he has that special connection that allows him to connect easily with the children of Calla and the horses of his table.

also on a side note, i really liked your most recent post Phoenix :D

If I've got the timing correct, the end of the current (first) day phase will be about 48 hours from the time of Mynx's last post, or if you prefer approximately 30 hours from the time of this one.

Give or take a little bit to allow for me rounding hours up or down randomly. :)

Hope that helps Merelas.

It does indeed. Also, is there anyone that could post/reference a "terminology/vocabulary" document? I went through the link that tanny posted but I had some trouble navigating. I did find a terms page for the Wolves of Calla, but that had a very few terms in it. Mostly about priests and something about opening one's heart to others.

Any suggestions?

YAY! A VOTE!

:P

Just letting you all know that you have about 6 or so more hours to post...Give or take depending how my evening goes

Also, I've changed the name of the game thread to 'WereWolves of the Calla' because it was confusing the hell out of me...

Happy hunting!

Wonderful post Finnius :)

Here's the update of characters and roles:

• Finnius - Luke Carpenter - Twin: Duke, alive. Lynched. Baner.
  • Merelas - Benedict Burnheart - Twin: Unknown