The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Describe

Gwaihir

Challenge here is to describe a Pennite as precisely, descriptively, and as obscurely as possible.

Extra points for brilliant descriptions

Extra points for doing a description so that the person you're describing can't guess it's them.

Extra extra extra points for doing both at the same time!

I'll do one in a bit but I have to get back to work for now.

I shall try to be as obscure as possible in his description.

A collector of sorts, a man whose family is numbered in the hundreds. He has influence and is influenced. Principled and yet paradoxical he is almost always more than you see and in his own mind less than you think.

He walks a path that few could follow. Who is he?

P.S. His closest friends will find this too easy.

GeldrinHor, yes. That's about what I was thinking.

Here's an attempt.

Famous for winding paths this person tends to entrance. HSI (he she it) is rarely un-noticed where hsi goes. Is that becuase HSI is a showboat or perhaps there is another reason, wrapped in HSI's very being. Trustable? Well, would you trust a kender? HSI is one to be careful of; unlikely to straight out move, but you may find yourself surrounded and HSI does have allies as interesting HSI hsi-self.

Why not use this as a spot to practice? I shall practice. . .kennings. (From the direction of the Writer's Workshop, Assignment 25, can be heard a chorus of groans.)

[EDIT: I made a mistake. The form's not about adding your own interpretations, but skillfully plucking and weaving others' quotes and allusions to obscure your point.]

[EDIT #2: reverie, you and Rosemary must cross fingers some time and unravel the spinning world.]

(A voting member.)

Globe-spanning caltrop machinist,

the beet-juice-drinkers fled before you

as from corpse-sacred sowings.

(A page.)

On wasp kisses, in moth bindings,

a star on the sandal,

a rain that waters the dead.

(A quill-bearer.)

Oliver's nightmares

scream from the goose

not yet beheaded.

Edited by Quincunx

The last time we had such an exercise, guesses for answers were given via PM so as not to spoil the surprises for anyone else. Since we have contributions flying in from all directions, may as well send guesses directly to each author. . .and Regel, stop picking the same person each time, that's cheating!