The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

'ello

Well hopefully this is the place to do this....Im kinda doing this late but better late than never I suppose. I just wanted to say Hi to everyone and introduce myself.

Im 18 and mainly paint and act but I've always had a secret passion for writting but I just never developed that as much as I wanted to so (other than doing some play writting) so Im here to try to get better at poetry and stories, and hopefully make a few friends along the way cause that'd be really nice too.

and there you have it :fairy:

As Whisky was looking about the cabaret room orating his 'ellos, he was astonished to see a life sized portrait of a man dressed in black leather trimmed in red with an enormous black pompadour swooping straight up a meter from his head and ending in a flamboyant curl. In one hand was a silver handled walking stick, and there was what looked like a rubber chicken draped over the other arm - but Whisky was outright astounded to see the figure in the painting begin to move! He bowed deep, then straightening back up spoke to him:

"Hello, I am the Portrait of Zool. Welcome! :) If you enjoy painting, then we should get along quite picturesquely! I have enjoyed your posts so far, do keep them coming."

Then, as if there was nothing strange about portraits speaking at all, the figure resumed his vigilant watch of the cabaret from above the massive fireplace.

:rubberchicken:

Wyvern prances into the Cabaret Room with his snout in the air, echoes of Patrick's "geld" statement still resonating in his head. The overgrown lizard frowns when he finds no visible shiny metals in sight, but perks up as he notices Whisky in Babylon parleying with a certain Pen portrait. Wyv clears his throat of a few ashes and curves his wings back, then wanders up to the new girl and extends a claw.

"My reputation precedesss me." Wyvern strikes a quick bow, his horns narrowly missing Whisky in Babylon's head. "Wyvern, at your service."

"Oh yeah, you gotta watch out for this Wyvern guy." The Portrait of Zool laughs from his position and slings his chicken over the other shoulder. "When he's not trying to involve you in a scheme, he'll be trying to sneek a peek at your *murrfle murrfle murfle murfle*"

Wyvern sneers a toothy grin and winks as he leans a claw back against Zool's portrait... more specifically, the facial regions of the artwork.

"Ssssooo I hear you're big into artwork and acting." Wyvern's serpent tongue flicks in and out as he speaks. "Well, it just so happens I have this project I'm working on that you might find verrrry interesting. Almost Dragonic Brand Laziness Lager™ - a sleeping formula for insomniac trolls. Stuff's so boring, it'll put'em right to sleep."

Whisky in Babylon casts nervous glances to the other pennites in the Cabaret Room as Wyvern lifts his available claw to try to frame her face, his other claw still occupied with "framing" Zool's mouth.

"Well, I figure with your art design expertise, your brilliant commercial acting, and your appropriate nick, you'd be a no-brainer for marketing this product." Wyvern's tail sways back and forth as he looks her over from head to toe. "Ssstrictly unpaid, of courssse, internship-style. Waddaya say, Whisk? Can I call ya Whisk?"

;-)

It is indeed a pleasure to meet you. Judging from your number of posts I believe this forum will soon know you very well. As far as your writing skills they are already considerable. I can hardly wait to see where they take you. Welcome to the pen.

Edited by Regel

"Don't listen to him! He'll *murrfle murfle* as soon as you *murfle*!" Said Zool, artfully dodging from one side of his frame to the other, only for Wyvern's hand to cover his mouth again and again.

"Oh, don't listen to my pigmented pal here! He'sss, uh, had too much chromozool coffee! Yess... that's it," said Wyvern with an oily flick of his tongue. Zool kept moving from side to side, up and down, and round and round trying to find an open area from which to get a word out, but in a flurry of scaly arms Wyvern managed to keep one hand or the other covering Zool's mouth. "Relax Zoolio old boy," purred Wyvern into Zool's ear. "Don't make me bring up the paint thinner..."

No one noticed as the rubber chicken slipped to the bottom of the picture and popped into the third dimension. (Being as he was made of latex rubber, he was materially between the two and three dimensional states, and able to go between). Bounding stealthily on his elastic legs, he quickly exited the cabaret.

"So, Whisk, why don't you and I find more, uh, quiet quarters, where we can discuss all the geld you'll make m.. I mean, just 'make'. And anything else we care to make..." Wyvern added with a significant lear.

"Mmmmph! Mm mph MMMph!" said Zool.

The longer the scene went on, the more resolute Whisky became in doing things to Wyvern if he ever did get her alone - and emphatically NOT what he by now no doubt had in mind. A dark glower overcame her usual sunny expression and she opened her mouth to speak, but was distracted by an insistant shrill squeaking that was fast approaching the cabaret...

From the open cabaret door bounded the rubber chicken, and behind him... hundreds of squeaking rubber ducks! Thinking quickly, the rubber chicken had gone to every bath tub in the Pen and rounded up every rubber duck in the Keep. Pointing a stubby wing at Wyvern, he said, "Puk-Ack!"

The wave of squeaking rubber ducks headed straight for Wyvern...

:P

Whisky in Babylon's eyes go wide as Wyvern continues hissing extravagent possibilities, his words lost on her as the massive rubber duck wave looms closer in the background. Wyvern stops speaking when he notices the expression on her face, and twists his snout with an air of disappointment.

"Ah, ssssorry, did I overstep my bounds? Well y'know, by 'two-piece bikini modeling', I really meant you, uhhh... designing the modelsss for two pieces of bikini. Y'know, for trying on later."

Wyvern goes still and frowns when a large shadow suddenly falls over Whisk's pleasant figure. The overgrown lizard steps on his tail to wake his joints up, then takes a deep breath and turns to face the thing casting the shadow. His wings go limp as he stares up at the massive tide of rubber ducks, noting the many notorious ducks contained therein. Minta's zomduck, Gwaihir's all natural duck, Merelas's flaming magma duc(t)k, Valdar's Bubble "duck," Aardvark's quack, and countless others... all topped by Happybuddha's enormous bathtub behemoth. Big Pointy One-affiliate and parttime celebrity Toilet Duck sits at the forefront of the wave, hoisting a large duckbill flag and quacking with glee.

"OH MY..." Wyvern panics and turns towards Whisky in Babylon in the hopes of hiding behind her, only to find that she's (wisely) fled the scene. The overgrown lizard uses his almost dragonic strategic skills to quickly resort to Plan B, which consists of running around in circles while screaming at the top of his lungs. "AAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!"

The sonic range of the squeakings that follow are enough to awaken the great omniverous field mouse from his sleep in the ninth layer of hell, who turns his head lazily and squeaks "Perhaps later" before drifting back to sleep.

• 2 weeks later...

Norman watched the scene unfold, he noticed Whiskey wisely move to a safer haven of a table away from the ducks.

Movement around the room was hindered by a flood of rubber quackers, the diminutive orc scaled the walls and after some rather agile manoevering managed to end up on the table beside Whiskey.

"Is this place crazy or just quackers?" Norman grinned, "Sorry, 'scuse the wordplay, it good to break the ice, mind you there enough flow of things in here already."

"Anyhow, Hi, I believe I am newer than you, but it be good to introduce oneself proper like, if you take my meaning."

Norman bowed, "Pleased to meet you, Norman the Runt, It is my pleasure to make your aquaintence."

ooc: Hi *waves*