The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A Publicizing Present-ation

Wyvern

Wyvern saunters into the Cabaret Room wearing a tightly fitted "SBL Writes" billboard, ignoring the general pennite reaction of queasiness as he lifts a large "Publicity" notepad to his snout. The overgrown lizard goes cross-eyed over the fine print as he slithers his way past several lounging pennites, and comes to a stop when he arrives next to the ever-busy Salinye. Wyvern eyes the piles of paper and alternate tasklist surrounding the high elf celebrity, then clears his throat loudly in the hopes of snagging a moment of her time.

"Sssssalinye!" Wyvern spreads his arms and gives the high elf an awkward billboard hug before she can dot the period of her latest sentence. "Happy birthday, I hope it goesss great for you. So listen, I know you're gonna be wanting some publicity for your book and all. So for a gift, I've been giving some very ressspectable book dealers in the area a heads up about it. Check it out."

Wyvern reaches into his backpocket and pulls out a tattered blood-stained scrap of paper, which he shoves in Salinye's direction. Salinye reaches out to take the filthy sheet, but hesitates within fingers reach and decides that reading it from where Wyvern holds it might be a better option.

"Ogmiir Shorak's Bar and Book Grill?" Salinye smirks at the list, squinting in disbelief at the questionable names of some of the book dealers. "Err, thanks Wyv... though are you sure Goblin Gabe's Looseleaf Bouquet Emporium is a good place to market this?"

"Ooooh yeah, definitely. I think G.G might need to dogear the copies he gets, but otherwissse it's a surefire bet and a great way to show off the beauty of your writing. And I hear that high elf literature is a speciality at Ogmiir Shorak's, they serve a lotta orcs y'know? Now, to be honessst, if you wanted to sell it at Nymphomanian's Hidden Forest Wood Shack, you might need to throw in a raunchy scene or two. Nothing you can't handle, I'm sure." Wyvern sticks out his forked tongue out with a wink. "Oh, and did I mention that I'm also selling these billboards as an armored clothing line? Almost Dragonic Brand SBL Billboard Babytuxes™, cus' there's no protection greater than that of an iron will."

;-)

OOC: Happy Birthday, Shelbinye. :-) I hope you have a great one.

Evynyvern~

Thank you so much for the lovely birthday wishes and cheap errr EXCELLENT advertisement for my book. :0) It should be done within 2 months, although I doubt it will be of any interest to anyone here as it is on the topic of hedge funds! lol I've been doing a LOT of research! You're always so thoughtful and a good friend. :0)

My birthday was great. I had a hot date with my husband and got to eat at the Melting Pot which is my absolute favorite. Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes. You're all very sweet. I wish you much success and happiness in 2007!

~Shelby (Salinye)