The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Attention World of Warcraft Players

Salinye

If you can get the expertise, I've always thought articles on different -styles- of playing different classes could be fascinating. A fast-damage mage vs a kiting and survivability mage. An efficiency priest vs a powerhealing priest vs a longevity priest. A DPS paladin healer vs a tanking paladin healer. Etc.

I also tend to find MMO gamer philosophy an interesting topic with respect to WoW. The micro-culture that develops in-game and the economy ("playing" the AH is probably a long article all by itself :) ). The warping of 'real-life' social rules. The interpersonal dynamics that develop in the different types of guilds.

Congratulations on getting the job, by the way. :) It sounds way cool.

Yours,

~Yui

"Ssstop the pressesss!" Wyvern sprints into the Cabaret Room waving a tattered shred of paper in one of his claws. The lizard's beady eyes home in on Salinye, and he scurries up to the high elf reporter and proceeds to stretch an arm around her shoulder, buddy-buddy style. "Now listen Sal, what you really need is some inside reporting with some juicy tabloid headlines... something that'll grip the dwarves and elves and fairies and Overlord Wyrmthalaks by the seats of their pants. And lemme tell you, I got just the thing.”

Wyvern unfolds his crumpled scrap of paper, revealing a messy prospectus for an article bearing the title “Shylara vs. Rhoelyn: nightelf bikini-mail mudwrestling goes down at Booty Bay.”

“Just write the piece, be sure to mention lots of detailed descriptions of hunter nets and feather mementos, and I guarantee you every ogre in Stranglethorn will be flocking for yer newsrag.” Wyvern nudges Salinye with a scaly elbow and winks, then raises a claw to ear and whispers. "Who knows, you might even get an endorsement from the Scarlet Monastery. I hear that Houndmaster Loksey is into that sorta ssstuff."

With that, Wyvern stifles a snicker and tucks the prospectus into one of Salinye's pockets. He strikes a quick bow before darting out of the Cabaret quarters, not wanting to risk being present for any appearences of angry nightelf brothers...

;-)