The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Google Game

Katzaniel

I suspect that some of you have played the "Google Battle" game where you see how many hits two words get and then the winner is the one that has the most. This game is very closely related to that, but we're just going to use Google itself because I found Google Battle to be a bit buggy. Also, we need to use ONE search engine, so even though I myself am a Yahoo-er, I think we should all use Google just because that seems to be more popular.

The game is, we use all the wordsmithing and creative power of the people at the Pen to see which word is used the most often of all words. Articles (the, a) and whatever "and" and "but" and so on are called, the're out. Basically anything else is okay, but if you can think of nouns or ideas or more substantial concepts over connecting-type words, that's better because it's more fun. The winner is declared when this thread sits still for two weeks straight.

Also, I recommend we don't start right away with the ones that we're sure will win, though I already played this a bit by myself and I found words waaaay more popular than the ones I originally thought would win. (See PS note).

I hereby start with the word "pen" - about 172,000,000 or 0.17 million hits.

PS. I suspect the thread may go through a Scarlet-worthy phase, but single words are pretty harmless, and the more obscure ones aren't our goal here, so I figure the Cabaret room should be okay.

"People" - 1.490.000.000 or 1,49 billion hits

"We" - 3.790.000.000 or 3,79 billion hits

"Us" - 4.070.000.000 or 4,07 billion hits

ofcourse, that would be 4.070.000.001 hits for "Us" now ;)

in other words, to make any word win, you just need to post a new topic containing that word several billion times

Edited by Mardrax

"cum"

87.1 billion

cum

–preposition

with; combined with; along with (usually used in combination): My garage-cum-workshop is well equipped.

*grins*

Edited by Appy

Ohhh, and I actually believed that for like fifteen minutes until I tried it. That's a measely 87 *million*, reverie. *chuckles*

I'm a little confused why the "filtered" and "unfiltered" results give me the same number of hits for that, though...?

So... what I was *about* to announce as a candidate for second place... "new" for 7,440,000,000 or 7.4 billion.

.... And do you know what's *really* interesting? I just tried searching for "com", too, and I'm getting 18,480,000,000 or 18.4 billion. Huh.