The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Happy Birthday

Gyrfalcon

Daryl coursed through the hallways, nose to the ground as he sought a particular scent. Finding it, he turned his head and streaked down another hallway, barely avoiding legs as he wove through a small crowd of Pennites before accelerating once more, the smile on his face more wolfish then foxish.

Jonathan barely had a chance to look surprised as the fox carromed into him, bowling him into the Cabaret Room, and nibbling at his ears! Jonathan sprawled to a halt at the feet of Yui-chan, who shook her head again at the pair, never really surprised to see Daryl play-fighting with Jon, but always surprised when they find their way to her feet.

"Daryl, you know you're not supposed to attack Jon, especially today." she scolded, causing Daryl to let his tail and ears droop, trying to look as contrite as possible - and failing horribly.

Jon grumbled as he sat upright and rubbed his tingling ears, only to be helped to his feet by Gyrfalcon and Sweetcheerie "Sorry about that, I told Daryl to *lead* you here, not tackle you in here and attack your ears." Gyrfalcon said, looking apologetic and succeeding.

"It's okay, Gyr, I know how Daryl is." Jon said, smirking at the fox, who grins and wags his tail before scampering behind a table. Jon shook his head and looked around, then blinked. "Wait... what's all this?" he asked in surprise.

"It's a birthday party, of course!" Gyr said with a grin as he pushed his friend into the crowd of well-wishers. "And you're the guest of honor! Happy birthday, my friend."

Wading through the crowd Rune searches and searches until she finally runs across a set of knees she believes belongs to Jonathan. She opens her bag, pulls out a sheet of stickers and begins sticking them meticulously to his knee caps in a certain order. Her little tongue poking out to the side as she concentrates.

H.. A... P... Well shoot, I knew I should have gone before I came. She scans the sheet until she comes across a b. Ah this will work.

H.. A... P... upside down b... Y

Her little tongue twiddles about in her mouth as she scans the sheet for another B, this time of the upper case variety. She is quite dismayed to find all she has in that particular section is a V, D, and a half torn Q which now looks sort of like an O but she isn't really sure.

She glances upward and peers into Jonathan's kind face. "It's pose to say Happy Birthday" she sighs "but I ran outta letters." Jonathan grins and pats her on the head. "That's alright. I'm quite content with just Happy." Rune gives him a quick hug around the calf and bounds out of sight.

Happy Birthday Jonathan Wolfe!!

Edited by Rune

• 3 weeks later...