The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

NaNoWriMo

Annael

Alright, so I somehow got talked into joining up this year. Bwahahahaha. This is going to be funny as heck. So yeah, if any fellow pennites signed up, feel free to add me to your buddies list, the name is still Annael. Wish me luck

That's in, um... three weeks, no?

So no worries for now, right?

Oh Vlad darlin, I just signed up yesterday and I've already changed my story 3 times. BWAHAHAHAHA. Also, there's a lot of stuff going on right now, so yeah, everything is a worry for me. And I so hate worrying. :D

You can find me there, too... This is my fifth year doing nano actually. I've managed to win twice, which means this year I have to break the tie!

Sorry it wasn't fun for you Zadown, but really the fun parts are the meetings, though managing to reach 50k is a nice sense of accomplishment. :)

I'm littel_elf there. (old username)

Are either of my fellow nanoers planning their novel? Or just going to see what comes out on Nov. 1st?

Me, I prefer to just see what flows through my fingers, but I've never been a planner.

• 2 weeks later...

*has two buddies on his list now*

*jiggies* :D

*decides that this is a very un-Necromancer-like thing to do and stops it, resuming his dignified stance*

I'm planning ... in a way :unsure:

As in : I'm trying to get a general idea of setting and a few waypoints. That should give me at least something to stick to, while leaving enough freedom :)

*makes mental note to replace keyboard with a more head-resistant one when he gets home*

• 1 month later...

Now that it's over, I can say I've learned a few things :

• Personal deadlines mean diddly-squat to me, if that much
  • Stress is something that either doesn't exist, or happens to other people
  • I've elevated lazyness to a new, post-professional level
  • SATA/300 is backwards compatible with SATA/150*
I assume I don't need to mention that "falling short of the wordcount" is a horrible understatement in my case? :)

The good thing : it did get me started thinking more seriously about my very own personal world :)

*No, it has nothing to do with the Nanowrimo :P

:w00t: YAY! It's over! No more of this: :writersblock:^_^

*is left with a novel that has no direction* ;)

Gah. I think a rewrite is in order. :rolleyes:

Well done to all of you who made it, though, and good try to those who gave it a shot but found that life intruded a little to much (or were just lazy like Venefyxatu - Bwahahahaha!). :ph34r::)

Merry Christmas to you all! :santa:

Elvina :fairy::dragon:

• 3 weeks later...

I joined in on a completely unofficial capactity this time, aiming for 40,000 where I had 30,000 last time - and quickly knocked that down to just a little bit of writing here and there, maybe trying for 10 or 20,000. As of a few days ago, (yes, I am still going) I'm at 7,200. Yay for complete detachment. Or not. Next year I will go back to actually trying, I think.

PS. Congrats to anyone who did better than me. :D And also to those who didn't! But let's none of us completely drop our stories when all's said and done.