The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Looking for a friend?

Sweetcherrie

Looking for a date in leather, or just looking for a night out? Contact Dana!

With her 26 years of age she is more than willing to accommodate you, and take you out as a pet accompany you to official occasions.

Unlike some other recent offerings, Dana has no problems with money, and would be more than willing to pay for your drink (just be veeeeery careful actually drinking it.)

Also, if you would just want to be friends, please contact Dana. There is nothing like a good friendly chat in her dungeons at the lake with the moon shining above.

Please post your letters here, and Dana will react to you swiftly.

After looking her note over once more, Dana puts her pen down and whispers to WildJoker, “Think I’ll soon get a reaction? I would love a new pet..err friend.”

A very dusty and cobweb covered Portrait of Zool slowly lowers his gaze to read the notice recently tacked to the wall.

"So what's the opposite of spam.... maps? Anywho... A free drink? Now that's the kind of add I like!" :w00t:

Zool jots down a quick reply contact and sends Blob over to post it up. It reads:

Dear Dana,

Glad to hear you haven't any problems with money - I don't either, as it's hard to have a problem with something I don't have any of. A drink I could certainly use, though a portrait of one I would find much more refreshing.

Unfortunately, I'm not real keen on chats by the lake with the moon shining above, nor being near any water of any kind, and it's very hard to appreciate my composition in just moonlight, so you can see what a poor combination that would be for me.

If, however, you are a lover of the arts and you are free next weekend, I would love to go out to the art gallery, though my manservant Grimmael seems to have gotten himself lost again so you will have to carry me there yourself. I apologise in advance for any undue hernias this may cause. In all honesty I can say that I'm really not overweight - I've been framed. ( :P )

Looking forward to my trip (though you'll forgive me for hoping you don't (trip, that is)),

-The Portrait of Zool

OOC:

*breaks down laughing* Very nice you two. :)

Anyway, the answer is that we're not facing spambots, unless they've managed to work out a system that bypasses the image security code you have to enter, but people being paid to do this. =\ It sucks, and we're currently tossing around ideas to stop this in the Tower, but the advantage humans have over spambots is that it's much harder to stop a human. Right now, they seem to come from a variety of spoofed or legitimate IP addresses, which prevents us from banning a small range of IP addresses to stop them. We're looking into other ways of stopping them, from possibly banning the e-mail domains they are coming from (though that won't get them all), or placing all people registering on needing admin approval to validate their account. The downside to that is some of the spammers will still get through if they bother to be at all creative and not call themselves generic_ad_vendor_01 for example.