The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

WW XXIX: Looney Wolf

Sweetcherrie

Sav watched Freakazoid being zoomed away on the rocket... he wanted to chase the rocket but it got above the tallest tree too fast for him.

Suddenly Sav remembered something Lupus had said and a puzzled frown settled over his features and he raced over to Bugs.

"Whats a traitor Bugs? Is that some strange new kinda toon?"

Bugs was just trying to explain what a traitor was, and wished he had Daffy with him, simply because a twaitor was so much more fun, when they heard a loud scream.

All together they ran towards where the sound had come from, but what they found was one of the most horrible sights they had ever seen.

The Pokemon Master was standing with his feet in dip, and slowly he was melting away. He wormed with his arms and tried desperately to get out, but the dip was working fast, and with a last gurgle he disappeared into the dip. Only a puddle remained where he had once been, and the toons stood terrified with horror.

Then one spoke.

“Was he a traitor, Bugs?” Sav asked softly.

OOC: Gilles Jordan – The Pokemon Master, was a villager. It is now dayphase, my apologies it took so long.

Niko approached the puddle of paint carefully, head tilted and frowning.

Who could have done this...?

Her tail twitched and she carefully dipped it in a safe puddle of green paint, then mixed it with a yellow one. After being sure that she had the right color, she walked to her sister and hugged her.

"Aww... Chiko, what do you think it is happening here?"

While hugging her sister, who had finally got rid of the blinking lights except for maybe on firefly hiding between the hairs of her tail, Niko painted a small sign at Chiko's shoulder. It read

???

The tanuki sisters talked silently for a few minutes, then Niko left to talk to Sav.

"Hey, Sav... have you found out what a traitor is yet?"

As he shook his head with a sigh, Niko said, "I've heard that there are those who can answer any question... you just have to hold them and tickle at the right mark in their shoulder. The one that looks like three yellowish-green question marks in a row..."

Saying that, she turned Sav so that he faced Chiko's back... and saw clearly the sign she had painted on her sister's shoulder.

Edit: typo

Edited by Tanuchan

Chiko let out a loud squeak as Sav hit her from behind. Staggering around as the squirrel tried to tickle her back, Chiko managed to throw the squirrel off and bolted, chattering madly, into a nearby bush.

Once there she shapeshifted into a rock with her tail still visible, and huddled in the dirt, tailed wrapped tightly around the painted part of her to hide it from view as Sav came crashing through the bushes. Looking around in confusion, Sav bounced back out of the bushes and began to chase after a green coloured butterfly - maybe it had the same mark!

Returning to her normal form, Chiko looked at the mark now on her back and her tail. Using a piece of paper and her tail as a stamp, the tanuki transferred as much of the mark off her fur as possible and onto the paper. Once she was satisfied with the result, she bounced off in search of her sister and pounced on her.

While the two were wrestling playfully, Chiko stuck the paper onto Niko's back and waited for Sav to notice.

Lupus shook his head and frowned at Sav, Niko and Chiko as they bounced and cavorted, using the pain of the Pokemon Monster in their game, despite his being freshly Dipped only a few minutes ago. Shaking his head, he ran his eyes over everyone remaining... Bugs nibbling nervously on a carrot and pacing back and forth, the two Alexes sitting side by side quietly, holding hands as they stared at the puddle.

"Dip just doesn't appear out of thin air!" Lupus said to Bugs, who nodded, his eyes nervously taking in the puddle of the Pokemon Monster. "Someone had to have splashed him with dip, but who?"

Lupus ran his eyes across the figures around him as Sav ran by Chiko in rock form, and then the tanunki ran back into the clearing, and then across the two Alexes, one with halo, one with horns.

"I wonder... devil horns and a devil tail are usually signs of evil. Maybe Alex the Brother is the one with the Dip!"

OOC: Accusing Alex the Brother / Phoenix!

Niko yapped when someone just jumped into her, and automatically turned into a thorny bush, with two ringed eyes looking out from between the thorns. Sav squeaked loud, promptly letting go of Niko and getting distracted by the thorn that had pricked his paw. The squirrel touched it gingerly, and started prodding it in all manners. Niko giggled softly, ticklish.

Ack... this might not have been a good idea...

Looking at her sister, she turned slowly into a wooden arrow pointing at her. Sav looked puzzled at the thorn-turned-arrow, and followed where it pointed to - seeing Chiko. A voice whispered in his ear,

"See that tanuki... what does she have hidden in her tail? Wasn't there something shiny in there some hours ago?"

There was nothing that Sav could see, but at the word "shiny" he immediately leapt and grabbed Chiko's tail.

Niko didn't wait to turn back into her proper shape, and then heard Lupus muttering something about Alex the Brother being the one using Dip. She looked at the Brother, then at the Sister, and shrugged.

Isn't the Sister always taking the blame for what her Brother does? What if this time she's being sure that he gets some of his share?

She puzzled over her thought, pondering with all the attention she could - which didn't last much since Chiko was shrieking a half minute later, with Sav pulling her tail. She looked at her sister and fell on the ground, giggling helplessly.

~~~~

OOC: a vote for Alex the Sister, Alaeha.

Alex the Sister took in the spattered remains of the puddle, and watched the developments with a rapidly growing frown.

"Bugs," The Brother began, from beside her, "is this Doom Master very clever?"

"Nyeah... he's evil."

The brother popped off one of his horns and idly polished it with his shirt, "Well, if I was a Doom Master, (and I'm not,) I think I'd pick someone less obvious than me." He set his horn back in place, and Alex the Sister stood up to straighten it out.

Someone less obvious... her eyes roamed across the group of characters remaining, and she nodded, her halo momentarily turning into a lightbulb as the squirrel went running off into the woods again in his antics with the other tanuki sisters.

"Sav," she said, "he could've splashed them with the Dip and completely forgotten it by the time we all showed up. Just 'hey a bucket let's splash somebody!'"

OOC: Accusing Sav / Gryphon

Sav turned at the mention of his name and so heard every word of Alex the Sister's accusation.

Giant crystaline tears began to well up in his eyes and rolled down his cheeks as his bottom lip trembled...

"I'd never... never ever..." he whimpered. "Dip's bad, all toons know that. Only a mean mean toon would splash dip on another."

Tears continued to roll down Sav's face as he wrung his tail in agitation at the accusation against him.

"You're a mean toon Alex the sister! Mean mean to me!"

~~~

OOC: Accusing Alex the Sister / Alaeha cos she's obviously mean enough.

Chiko sat up in a tree to hide from Sav, aware that he could climb tees if he found her but also aware that the squirrel rarely looked up unless he was chasing something flying. Breathing a small sigh of relief, the tanuki began to preen herself clean of all forms of paint, glue, shinies, etc while she watched everyone below debate as to who might have dipped the Pokemon monster.

The young tanuki's attention was especially attracted by Lupus.

He sure does seem to know what's going on a lot, Chiko wondered to herself as she hugged her tail close. I wonder what Niko thinks.

Glancing around once more for Sav, Chiko streaked down the tree and scampered off in search of her sister, pausing only to attach a post it to the backs of the Alex's that implored people to "Ask them about cake"

OOC: Accusing Lupus/Gyrfalcon

Guest Phoenix

Alex stood near to his sister, holding her hand and idly polishing his still-sparkly horns with the other. everyone was being so mean! Saying that someone could push his friends into dip was beyond mean, it was Meanmeanmean! he scowled at the people accusing his sister, and she yelped as his grip tightened on her hand. he apologised and relaxed his grip.

"Sorry sis. but this is all so... stupid!" everyone is accusing everyone else and no one really knows! they're just ganging up on people because..."

He stopped. sisterAlex moved closer at the look on his face.

"Hang on... Lupus was the first! he's always the first. First on the scene, and the first to accuse anyone! and then everyone starts yelling at each other and being mean and forgets that he started it all!"

Wide eyed, he looked at his sister, twirling his tail in one hand. "Maybe he's the baddie...."

His sister looked puzzled, and a little scared, an expression that mirrored his. then her gaze went past his face and she squeaked at the brown streak racing towards them. Alex jumped as Sav climbed up his back.

"Cake? What Cake? where's the cake? you have Cake!!"

OOC: Accusing Lupus/Gyrfalcon

Edited by Phoenix

Alex stepped away from her brother and the squirrel who had taken up residence on his back, still confused and now more than a little irritated.

"What cake? We don't have any -- why would you think..."

She trailed off as a sign fell off of her brother's back, proclaiming "Ask them about cake"

"Sav, we don't have any cake." She took down her halo and appraised it for a moment. She looked over to Lupus, who seemed to have expected her brother's counter-vote, and she shook her head.

"We've got to be getting close to the Doom Master's lair by now, I won't be able to do you much more good anyway, but Lupus is levelheaded and knows his stuff. I know he's not a traitor." She handed her halo over to the wolf, "Send me home." More quietly, she whispered, "any tricks you have left, you'd best use them soon."

OOC: Changing my Vote. I'm voting Alex the Sister/Alaeha (Myself) out.

Bugs was worried, very worried. The toons did not only accuse each other randomly, but now it turned out they were also accusing the wrong people. That evening they had grabbed Alex the Sister, and had tied her to the rocket, but just before she took off towards Toon Town, she showed him the proof that she was innocent.

And not only innocent, she even had special powers. Doom’s team was doing a darn good job, maybe they were even working from the inside out….Oh my, would that be it?

Bugs jumped up, “Nyeaaaaaaaaaah, I got it! We have traitors in our midst.

OOC: Alaeha, Alex the Sister was the seer. It is now nightphase, specials send me your targets please :) (update of the list in OOC)

Edited by Sweetcherrie

Sav spent the rest of the day "helping" Bugs and the other toons look for clues. Sometimes he found butterflies or fireflies and sometimes he found Taz...

That evening after being reminded again that there were bad toons using Dip on good toons Sav decided to stay up all night and protect everyone, cos he wasn't afraid! Those mean old Dip using toons had better watch out!

Seconds later Sav was alseep with his tail wrapped tightly around him for warmth.