The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Word Association

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Perhaaaps *urp* ...later."

The bloated field mouse lumbers forth with a groggy step, a trail of drool dripping from his mouth and a ravaged post-Word wasteland left in his wake. The mouse giggles for a moment as he kicks over Gryphon's obvious "Poison" trap, not smart enough to recognize the effects of Lord Panther's arsenic as it begins to work its way through his lower abdomen. The mouse belches for a moment, then twists his whiskers and clutches at his stomach with a *SQUEAK.* Panther's arsenic was nothing more than a bit of nausea to the mouse's steel digestive system, and Mardrax's arson was only a tiny heartburn... but the field mouse had made a fatal gastronomical error with Elvina's Scotsman. Aside from being an unhealthy snack to begin with, the Scotsman had been drinking the night before, and was singing '99 Barrels of Haggis on the Sheep' while ramming himself against the mouse's innards in a drunken jig.

"Perhapsss..."

The field mouse rasps for a moment and steps back, unaware that the ashes from Mardrax's pipe had lit the fuse of Gryphon's bomb in his stomach. The mouse freezes up with a pained expression as a loud *KA-BOOM* exits his mouth in a burp, and collapses over as black smoke begins rolling from his nostrils. The Word Associates surrounding the area stare in awe at the giant heap of mouse, only to snap to their senses as they hear a distant voice echoing from within the mouse's stomach:

"Accch! Ye ruined me kilt!"

;-)

OOC: If anyone would like to retrieve their swallowed words now that the mouse is dead and gone, I have them saved in a document on my computer. Then again, since the thread has remained linear, I doubt that there'd really be a point in getting them out of the muck of the field mouse's digestive track. Thanks for the four-course meal, anyway!