The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Great Poetry Depression

*Slowly a a ragged, awefully skinny & rather tall kender wanders into the Cabaret Room, shivering from the extreme cold & lack of poetry. Finally reaching the front of the room, he clears his throat & begins*

"Unfortunatly, one of our close friends fell victim to the devastation of this said Depression. Infact, its me, your neighborhood friendly Kender. I recently lost all my works do a Floppy Disc virus that was started in the early stages of the depression when new technology raided the market with CD & DVDs & even protable memory sticks. I was able to run & survive for quite sometime, but it finally caught up with me & my writings were destroyed by said nasty virus. So I stand here in front of my fellow friends & ask for you help in rebuilding my works! "

[OOC. The Floppy disc that had all my poetry on it died today & I've lost all my works, except for the ones I've posted here at The Mighty Pen. So I was wondering if anyone would like to help me find all my old stuff. If you could just post one poem that is your favorite, that I've shared from the past in this thread & a short story about how & why it might be your favorite work of mine. Thank You All!]

*Reaching into a small tattered pocket, Tasslehoff pulls out a small piece of styrofoam that he was able to grab from a nearbye garbage can. Upon the styrofoam was the following poem from the kenders past.

Our last kiss is with me always,

It's burnt into my lips,

As soft & passionate as sun rays expire,

Just as a summer days set in, before our darkest hours.

Your beautiful voice is never silent,

It's forever speaking to me,

Making me stronger every moment,

Smooting all my fear & my doubts that hide in these dark hours.

Your touch will always enshroud my skin,

With twice the strength I'll ever have,

Support & me through all that stands in my way,

With the compasion a true friend brings during the darkest hours

While I can never repay you,

For the wonder you brought to my life,

I can forever be true,

True to the fact I'll always be here for you

..In Your Darkest Hours..

Edited by Tasslehoff

reverie called me out! ha. No, I was planning on doing that, infact I had started. I was thinking about turning that into a quill quest of some sort, but my light bulb was stolen by Sephora. Sweet was kind of enough to actually catalog my works for me & email them to me. =) *hugs*

Wyvern shifts through the files of poetry cluttered in the Banquet Hall, letting the tips of his forked tongue glide over the tops of the faded Manila envelopes containing Tasslehof's poetry. Some of the tastes are obscured by the stale dirt of time, but the tang of regret and a bittersweet flavor of love still find their way to the lizard's tastebuds. His tongue goes dry after passing through numerous files, but his claws pause as the distinct flavor of straightjacket passes through his mouth. The reptilian Elder pulls an envelope from the drawer and holds it up to the light:

-=Untitled=-

the game we play,

provides us with the strength,

to test our own sanity,

can you keep up with me now,

Im finally ahead of your plan,

completely done with you,

no more tricks; no more lies,

seeing the truth among a few,

sadness escapes me; no more watery eyes,

there is a new me in this new world,

with new hope and regenerated wings I fly,

exploring all that is new

Wyvern grins and dips his parched tongue into a pitcher of booze. He reminsces of straightjackets past as his tongue soaks in the liquid, and notices the fine conquest over watery eyes in the ninth line of the poem. He sets his booze aside and nods at the hope of regenerating wings and flight, then holds up the poem and declares it his favorite from Tasslehof.

OOC: Sorry to hear about the Floppy Disc problem. :/ Hope that the depression is one of old software, and not of inspiration.

Well at least something good came out of this experience, you've sent out a message to all of the Pen to start saving their works, on their hard drvies if they have to. I certainly have, as soon as I finish writing them. Thanks and good luck -_-

Edited by madhatter