The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Fingerpainting

Tiptoeing Sweet snuck in and started to get the paint ready. She knew it wasn’t time yet to start painting, but she couldn’t resist. She took the lid of the jar with blue paint, and as she put the lid on the table the jar slipped out of her hands. The blue paint slowly dripped out of the jar and towards the side of the table. Sweet tried to jump out of the way, but it was too late. Her red dungarees now had a big blue stripe on them. Sweetcherrie would not be happy. She was already busy with the carnival and now the little girl had even messed up her trousers. With her hand she tried to wipe the blue away, but only caused the green paint on her hands to rub off as well. Her eyes grew bigger when she saw the effect her ‘cleaning’ had, and she swallowed. This was not going the way it was supposed to be. She put the cup with blue paint up straight, and wiped the blue paint of the table. At least that was clean again. Now what else would she paint?

A lock of her hair fell in her face and without thinking she wiped it behind her ear, causing the blue paint to not only colour her hair, but also leave a blue stripe on her cheek. Sweet never noticed and with the tip of her tongue sticking out she continues painting.

OOC:

Finger Painting

If you sign up for this activity you will be PMed a picture by the organiser (me tongue.gif) and you then have to paint this picture in words using at most 500 words.

The goal of this is that the audience can see what you have painted without needing the picture.

The pictures will all be taken from http://www.freefoto.com/index.jsp, which allows people to use the pictures for free. (hey, it might even be fun to see if you can find the picture that has been described ;))

For the first post you get 15 geld, for each one after you will receive 10 geld.

• 4 weeks later...

Patham stood in front of the canvas, holding the different pots of paint he had taken from Sweetcherrie and wondered where to start. Then Patham decided to start with the easy part. He took the pot of blue paint, and the pot of grey paint and plunged his finger in the blue one. He drew parallel, horizontal lines of blue from the top of the canvas to about its middle. He then dipped a different finger in the grey paint and progressively, starting at about three quarters of the height of the canvas, added a bit of grey to the blue, making it slightly darker as it went lower down.

Now for this thing at the middle – he thought.

He took the pot of red paint and drew a slightly diagonal line, rising towards the right in the middle of the canvas, and then taking some grey paint made it slightly darker in places. His red finger then drew a vertical red line at roughly three quarters of the previous red line. Some curves and a few more, less wide vertical lines were the next to appear on the canvas. A few smears and smudges later the red paint could be put away.

It was now time for the blueish-greenish-greyish stuff on the bottom. As Patham smeared the paint over the lower part of the canvas he felt once again like a kid. It had been a long time since he had had this much fun. He left one small, oval looking spot clear of paint in the lower half, and added a thick red and then above it a black line, finally painting some white paint over a part of the black.

Then sort-of behind the previous red structure and below the bluish paint Patham added darkish green dotted with small whitish-yellowish dots.

He stood back to admire his “masterpiece” and then made a few more corrections. A bit redder here, a bit darker there.

Wyvern scratches his scaly chin and grumbles to himself as he reexamines the picture that Sweetcherrie had sent him. The silhouetted beast looked like a cross between a triceretops and a dragon, and seemed to be carrying two large bags on its wings. Wyvern grunts and places a horn-holed artist baret on his head.

"Oh sure, I always get stuck with the weird abstract paintings." Wyvern glances at the picture again, then at his available Almost Dragonic Brand Paints™. "Well, guess I'll have to give it my bessst scrawl."

Wyvern dips his claws into a rusty bucket of Almost Dragonic Brand Pro-Fruit Rights Orangish-Red Paint™, then begins spreading it over the upper-region of the canvas. The overgrown lizard then dips a single claw into a vat of Almost Dragonic Brand Gold-Extract Substitute Paint™, and aims for the bottom of the frame.

"No fruits were harmed in the making of these paints." Wyvern scrawls a little half-circle at the bottom of the portrait, then pauses. He dips a claw into a can of Almost Dragonic Brand Tar-Black Paint™ and draws a few stick figures around the semi-circle, causing Sweetcherrie to raise a brow.

"I know they're not in the picture you handed me." Wyvern raises a claw before Sweetcherrie can speak. "Just a little artistic liberty I've taken. I mean... who's ever heard of a fireball without victims? The triceredragotops had to be aiming at something after all."

Wyvern picks up his can of black paint and tosses it at the middle of the canvas, forming a large black splotch that looks nothing like a triceredragontops. He splotchs a bit of black on each of the lower corners with his claws, and grins as he turns to the spectators with his completed masterwork.

The messy canvas collapses before anyone can say a word, shredded into a million pieces.

;-)