The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Your life-image

Brought on by my initial reaction to the 'Your Identity' thread, this thread begs the question: Who are you?

I challenge you to pick ten words or less that describe yourself, and then if you want explain why you chose those words. Describe what you want to be and what you define as the epitome of yourself, not what you currently are. What is your essence?

Passionate Prideful Creative Intelligence

I believe that in all things, I am a violent person. Not in the traditional sense of physical violence but in the sense of a great thing. I love the feeling of getting rushed at work and slipping into high gear, the pure animal energy that flows through me as I pick up the pace, and I'm a huge fan of combat and competitions. I believe this to be the epitome of my spiritual life - "The kingdom of heaven suffers violent men, and violent men take it by force."

Pride is a part of myself that I have learned to accept. I am proud of what I do well, and confident in my abilities much more so than I used to be. I have grown into myself, I believe, and my overarching confident reflects this. I try not to be completely arrogant to the degree where it becomes boosting my self-image through deteriorating others, because I believe that my self-esteem comes from within, not without.

Creativity is my second life-goal, next to making money, and thus is something I am glad that I have a natural aptitude for. I enjoy music and writing, both of which traditionally are my ways of relaxing. Without creativity I get dull and boring extremely quickly as my brain starts to shut down.

I am an intelligent person, even if I'm not the most intelligent, nor am I the most suited to any task. I delight in how my brain works - I find ways to things that others don't, and others can help support my non-traditional ways of thinking, making teamwork for me extremely important. I am a natural leader and manager, which will serve me well in the future and I get along with people extremely well.

So, what defines you?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm slightly confused, because you said to pick ten words, but you yourself only used four. I'll just... use a number between 4 and 10!

Arrogant, Creative, Obsessive, Evolving Provoker

Basically, I believe everyone is arrogant, but I'm quite aware of my own pride as well. (Or am I? *gasp!* Perhaps it's bigger than I suppose!) Nobody, not even a "bad guy," wants to be "evil." We justify our actions because of so-and-so's actions, or because it's for the greater good, or whatever; but when it comes down, we really just think we're hot stuff, and want to worship ourselves. That's something I struggle with, especially in regards to other people I don't like.

I chose creative because, if I had to stop writing/drawing/etc, I would spontaneously combust.

I also chose obsessive because I'm most often in a dream world thinking about a project I hope to complete. In fact, I usually tie just about every one of my experiences in with a project, just to make it interesting. I've also been obsessed with various movies/shows from an early age.

I chose "evolving" because I'm not finished yet. God is still working on me, and making me into the person He dreamt.

And I chose provoker because I hate conformity. I like to challenge people's beliefs and trends because, oftentimes, I believe people just follow without thinking. I like to be original, perhaps only to provoke a reaction from those I don't consider original.

And so on, and so forth...

Oh this one is easy :) The Doctor can sum it up in one word.....well, THE is technically a word, but the Doctor isn't counting it as one for purposes of this exercise......

THE ANTI_PEREDHIL

The Doctor is the polar opposite of everything Peredhil. For example, the Doctor hates being hugged, much less giving hugs. It's a repulsive habit, keep your germs away from the Doctor. Peredhil hugs everything that moves.

Oh....and the Doctor hates sharing.....be it real world physical items or more ephemeral items like thoughts, hopes, dreams,e tc.....Peredhil shares everything. Go ahead, ask him you can borrow something......

Peredhil is bright and shiny and optimistic. The Doctor is dark and dreary and pessimistic.

Peredhil treats everyone with love and respect. The Doctor hates everyone.

Sure the Doctor could have used all ten words for mega-manically, warmongering, egocentric, brillant, self-serving, despotic, malevolent, girl scout cookie stealing, fluffy, genius......but anti-P works better ;)

• 2 weeks later...

This one took me a very long time. It is not what the world sees but what I see.

Son, Brother, Husband, Father, Emotional, Stubborn, Steadfast, Passionate.

Before anything else I was the son of two wonderful parents. They taught me the context of a successful marriage and a good and loving home life. While I lost my dad my mother continues to strengthen and enrich my life everyday.

Becoming a brother taught me many things. I learned how to share without jealousy. I learned all about responsibility and that blood is indeed thicker than water.

Call me old fashion but as a young man I never felt complete until I met this woman I married. The lessons here are on going and although you give something up to be this I realized a long time ago that without her I had nothing.

Father is probably my most difficult and challenging role. I love each of my children with a passionate fire. The trouble is what other people feel this role should be. I am teacher protector, provider but the word pal was something I never understood. I see other father and son relationships and they are the best of pals. When did best of friends ever compare with the love between a father and son?

It sounds hard as the words crash down loud against peoples ears but I have been heard to say the exact phrase my own father used to use. "I don't have to be his friend, I am his father!"

Any way he said it I knew what it really meant. My only hope is the my own sons understand what I meant.

Emotional is a given, and too me a great strength. Why? I think it is because I have a full range of them. I can feel happy or sad, I can be funny or deadly serious, I can feel empathy for others and offer my love and support or vent my displeasure. However for alot of my male friends emotions are not masculine traits so they hide them.

Stubborn, oh my is that a double edged sword. I won't quit even if it seems the situation is beyond all hope. Argumentative, competitive, aggressive, call it what you may but to the ideals I believe in only death will wrestle them away from me.

Steadfast, that trait is why I do what I do and also what I don't do. If I am your friend I will remain your friend, unless you betray that trust. Do that and we are done. (see above under Stubborn)

Passionate is something you either are or you aren't. How can you tell if you are passionate? Here are some examples for you, finishing a soccer game with a dislocated shoulder while playing goalie or playing the fourth quarter of a football game with a damaged knee. Not one of these things is necessarily the smart thing to do, but I think it clearly illustrates the image I have of myself.

Edited by Regel