If you can never change

I have made a mistake

We're through!

I am not your teacher

I am not a babysitter

I need a real man, teamplayer

An equal partner.

Edited by Tattered

I'd definitely end that last stanza with a period. maybe in bold even.

You deal with a subject dear to my heart - Manners. When you care for someone, it is Rude to let your eye wander, "checking out" what is taken as the potential competition to replace the one with whom you've chosen to be.

You don't post often, but you do post well.

*hugs*

Dear Tattered,

It is an interesting thing about men. We all seem to be hard wired to notice a beautiful woman. Perhaps it was a genetic trait that was an advantage at one time in early man’s development. It seems that in some modern men the urge to stare is not something they can control. It’s like some higher cognitive level of understanding how this behaviour effects others has malfunctioned. I assure you that this would not be lost to him if the shoe was on the other foot. In fact it would strike me as more than mildly amusing to catch his reaction if you did the same thing to him. Childish behaviour I’ll concede but still amusing. My suggestion like Peredhil's would be to find yourself a better trained (ape) boyfriend.

Thanks you two...It helps to hear that other men might be pleagued with the same involuntary instict...or whatever you would call it. I am sure that in early man times that if it were not for mens powerful desire to spread their seed, that we would have died off...!LOL. I am sure that most women would not um...go for a dirty, stinky, obnoxious neandertal...I am not that serious, cuz I am sure that the women were in the same boat at that time. However, you get my point.

Anyway, I wrote this poem in flighty, angry, fustration. I have since spoken to him and he is sorry for his weakness...."the undieing curiousty for womankind" He says he was born with it. He called it a brain malfunction...a defect....or a strength...He said that he is not like most men...that his curiousity is not purely sexual...but simply an appreciation. That it is more powerful in him than in say a man that is a computer nerd and never had a girlfriend. That he can remember being 6 and infatuated with female.

I told him that just as an alchoholic can sober, just as we are all born with weaknesses, just as Jesus could overcome the world and every temptation, that he too was not exempt from becoming better. I would not accept that he was incapable of controling his thoughts, words, eyes, and behavior. It's better now, well...he has agreed to work on being better as long as I am patient with him and give him time to redirect this inborn behavior that has been with him for so long with out opposition. He has never had to behave. So I will have to train him a bit. SHAME on me...WOA to me...for falling in love with a man that brings me this pain. I can only hope for success, I can only pray for a miracle.