The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Pinata!

Mynx

Gryphon smiled to himself as he drifted through the Pen, the festivities of teh carnival putting him in a good mood.

His mood brightened even further when he came across the robed but unmistakable figure of Mynx hunched over something on what appeared to be a new booth.

Bounding up to his companion, Gryphon noted the fur edging around Mynx's robe - a sign that she was dressing for winter, it seemed - before crowing loudly:

"Hey kitt---waa!"

Stopping dead in surprise, Gryphon blinked as he took in the face turned to see him. Mynx's fur had faded to match that of a white tiger, her eyes an icy blue.

She smiled at the Mage's surprised expression.

"Hey baby," she purred, "like the winter look?"

Gryphon grinned ruefully, embarrassed by being surprised.

"Very nice, Kitten. Whatcha got there? New stall? Hey, isn't that the sack you've been working on?"

"Yup" was Mynx's only reply as she set back to working on whatever she was up to.

Gryphon watched as the feline poured a bucket of treacle into the sack, tilting his head as he heard a muffled protest in a voice he knew all too well.

"Mynx?" Gryphon asked cautiously, "is that Cryptomancer in there?"

The bag answered his question:

"Mynx, I'm sorry! No more enchanted drinks, I promise!"

In response to this outburst, Mynx picked up a few of her kitten minions and dropped them into the bag, inducing a sneezing fit from the Runemage.

Watching all this in silence, Gryphon winced as he remembered Cryptomancer's allergies to cat hair.

This done, Mynx tied a rope around the sack and hoisted it up into the rafters above her booth, before smiling smugly and taking residence in her booth.

The sign below read:

PINATA! 5 Geld!

The bag won't break, but you can still have a lot of fun!

She grinned at Gryphon's somewhat shocked expression as the bag continued to writhe and sneeze.

"It's alright," she stated, "I'll let him out soon...ish"

Occasionally looking around warily for Guido, Nuncio strolled the booths happily.

He loved carnivals and things like that, ever since The Boss had had to disguise everyone as a Traveling Act to make it through the Baronies.

He still remembered the fun he'd had with the kids with "Pet the Giant Hamster!" That he'd felt naked without his suit, and that he wasn't a hamster didn't matter. The kids didn't know a hampster from a guinea pig, and most of them called him a rabbit or hare, but their eyes had shown anyway. It had been all he could do not to talk to them. Of course, being burnt at the stake if lucky had been good incentive to resist.

Seeing the new booth, he headed over to it. A Piniata! Wow, that was a cultural tradition from one of The Boss's favorite worlds! Although a leather sack would be hard to break. Bet Guido could do it though. At the thought, he looked around to make sure Guido wasn't sneaking up on him. He smiled blissfully at the thought of Guido fuming in the Kissing Booth. Guido hadn't enjoyed the Traveling Act.

Putting his Five Geld down, he picked up the stick.

"I'll take a whack at it, Miss." As she turned, he was momentariliy startled, then smiled widely. "What a lovely look for you! You might consider Peredhil's Kissing Booth - I'm sure Guido would love to mix whiskers with such a pretty face!"

Without further ado, he wound up his nearly 300 pounds into a might swing and released it in a sharp strike. No one could hear his mental dialogue....

It's Nuncio at the bat. He's winding up, and it looks like he's going for the fence in Center Field. The crowd are on their feet. Here comes the pitch.... Listen to that crack! It's going, it's goi-

Nuncio was abruptly jarred out of his fantasy by kitten screeches and howls of pain from the sack.

"What are those SOUNDS?!

"Let me take a lisssten" hisses Wyvern, stepping up beside Nuncio and leaning his scaly head towards the fidgeting sack. "Hmmm, sounds to me like a gang of cute, innocent-"

The overgrown lizard is interrupted by as the aggravated kittens flail about wildly in the bag, screeching and hissing as they wrestle with cryptomancer.

"O.K, a gang of cute, relatively harmless little kittens just itching to be abused by an Almost Dragonic Brand Pinata-Popper™. Step aside, my good hamster, and watch a master at work."

*Ahem* interrupts Mynx as Wyvern approaches the piniata, tapping a foot on the ground and pointing a striped paw towards the "5 geld" clause in her activity sign. Wyvern raises his claws defensively upon seeing this and backs away with a nervous grin, quickly reaching through his garmets and pulling out a corncob hat and cane combo. Sticking the hat on one of his horns, the overgrown lizard waves the cane back and forth and exclaims:

"Ladies and gentleman, I'd like to introduce to you the latest in Almost Dragonic Brand Products, specifically designed for carnival events such as this one and sure to improve your piniata-bashing skills. Introducing, Almost Dragonic Brand Pinata-Poppers™, you're one-stop pinata pop. Bring'er in, Bravery!"

The audience surrounding the piniata freezes in place and gapes in awe as a dwarf walks into the area carrying an absolutely enormous club, which measures at at least four times his own height and width. Surrounding the surface of the club are several menacing-looking spikes, along with numerous jagged edges and screws that are painful to even look at. Wyvern gingerly plucks the enormous instrument out of the Elder Dwarf's hands, holding it with ease and exclaiming:

"Ladiesss and gents, this wonderful gizmo is going for a mere five geld in price." Wyvern winks towards Mynx. "And free for Ms. Mynx, of course. In case I haven't convinced you all yet, just watch this little baby in action."

With that, Wyvern lifts the enormous club into the sky, aiming at the piniata bag and swinging it with all his might. Upon making contact with the pinata, the Almost Dragonic Brand Pinata-Popper™ instantly breaks in half, immediately losing all of its spikes and clattering to the ground. Mynx frowns and shakes her head when she notices that the "hit" didn't even cause the tiniest disturbance in the pinata, and crosses her arms over her chest as she glares at Wyvern.

"Eheheheh" stammers Wyvern nervously, raising a claw to his head in embarassment as the audience disperses. "Would ya settle for a 5 geld glass of Bruteweiser?"

;-)

Laughing quietly at the rucous caused by Wyvern, Epinephrine steps up to the counter and looks studiously at the bag.

"Will not break eh? Where have I heard that said before?"

Muttering "will not break, will not break" to himself he looks around and spots a small piece of lead from the large club that had not been noticed by the crowd. Scooping it up, he drops it into a flask produced quietly from his cloak and whispers a few words in a strange language. The mixture begins to solidify and glow and finally crushing the falsk under his shoe, Epinephrine produces 5 geld and drops it onto the counter.

" I'll have a go." he states "although I'm not sure the bag will last"

Taking up his staff he takes an alimghty swing and sets the Piniata swinging violentely.

"What the..? It didn't break!" "What is this ancient magic?"

Turning sharply the confused alchemist strides off in search of a book to explain the mystery of the bag...

"Must be that this Mynx character is more powerful than I thought... Though that was a lot of fun!"

Deep within the folds of the bag, covered in treacle and fur from the kittens, the Raven sits, sneezes violently shake his avian form as the kittens crawl over him.

His beak is swollen from the allergies combined with the need to peck the kittens in order to disuade them from falling victim to the normal attitudes of cats to birds.

Bracing for the impact of yet another swing from the punters outside, the Raven cradles a small book in his wings. Small and black, runes inscribe the front cover, that speak of something so deeply powerful, who's spell is as unbreakable as the bag he is confined in. He finished the notes in this small book so long ago, now it is but a memory, made tangible in confines of his prison. Looking at the page in the back cover of the book, he finds the small wand of silver, and slowly, carefully, between the swinging strikes of those that attempt to break the bag, inscribes two words in the soft glow of black ink.

The book dissolves to memory once more, leaving the bird to his punishment.

*sneeze*

:raven:

Now itching as well as sneezing, allergies in full swing, the Raven led conga line of bird and kittens tumbled through the folds of the bag, hindered only by the sticking of treacle.

*singing in a sneeze choked voice*

Come on little Kitten let us do the conga

You Know she wont stay mad too much longer

Shoulda never made that drink so much stronger

Come on little kitten let us do the conga now.

:raven:

"A Pinata? What fun! I haven't seen one of those in YEARS!!!"

With a gleeful smile, Ayshela picks up the stick lying conveniently nearby and walks toward the "pinata" bag. Seeing it writhing, she pokes it gently with a curious look upon her face. Hearing the muffled mews and sneezes from within, she looks by turns curious, worried, enlightened, and amused.

"Won't break indeed, the bag OR the contents, especially if i don't try. However..." and with an evil little giggle she sets herself for some entertainment and spends a merry half hour wandering about the bag just poking at it now and then, whenever the mews and sneezes settle down.

};>

• 2 weeks later...

Mynx tapped her snow white paw on the tabletop of her booth, claws clicking on the hollow wood as the feline sighed.

Business was slow - apparently there were less Pennites willing to bludgeon a fellow member than she had guessed.

Not to say it hadn't been fun...but Mynx was only really willing to take it so far with one of her closest friends.

Getting up, Mynx reached up with her scythe and cut the rope holding the bag, catching it easily before it hit the ground.

Banishing the kitten minions with a mere wave of her paw, Mynx untied the sack and pulled it off the treacle covered form of Cryptomancer.

Supressing a giggle at the truly sorry sight of the Rune mage's appearance, Mynx muttered a few words under her breath and banished away the treacle.

"Sorry," she chuckled as her friend continued to sneeze from his allergies, "I spose you've learnt your lesson now."

"It's alright," the raven continued to sneeze, "you're wonderfully imaginative with these things, Mynx."

Bowing, the bird spread his wings and took to the sky to explore the rest of the carnival, his sneezes echoing around the Pen as it disrupted his normally graceful flight...

OOC: This booth is officially closed. I hoped you enjoyed my revenge on Cryptomancer, and my apoligies if I offended any of you for any reason.

Disclaimer: No kittens, minions or otherwise, were harmed during the production of this Piniata game. The aforemeantioned Cryptomancer in said Raven form has agreed not to file charges against the sorceress Mynx. All participants in the manufacturing and running of this event were willing members and have agreed not to try this at home.

The sack, kitten minions and scythe are a registered Trademark of Mynx™.

Edited by Mynx