The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Mafia! sign up

Vahktang

Well, it has been suggested that we can run two WW games at the same time.

Here's the test.

Here's the synopsis:

Mafia

News Story:

Alleged crime boss Tony (Tony Avacado) Avacodo was shot dead last night while resisting arrest.

Rumours were that the Organized Crime Bureau had a solid case against him and that, had he lived and been prosecuted, organized crime would have received a mortal blow.

O.C.B. sector chief Frank McPike said "this is an unfortunate incident but not unforseen. The present generation of Organized Crime is more organized, ruthless, and has a capacity of violence unseen in previous times, even in the era of Wilson Fisk."

Insiders say that with the death of Tony Avacado, a power vacuum now exists in this country, and many wonder who will come forward to fill this vacuum. Others speculate that there is no single family powerful enough to come forward, and organized crime will fall into a power struggle for many years.

The boss is dead. Who will be the boss?

Each of the players will be a crime boss.

Everybody knows each other.

Choose a name, somewhat ethnic. Doesn't have to be Italian, there were Jewish mafia and there are Russian Mafia.

And choose a moniker, something that has to do with your past, could be crime related.

For example, Ricky 'Cats' Rodriquez and Mack 'No Money' Mahoney.

They grew up in the same neighborhood. One day, somebody bet Ricky that he couldn't put 5 alley cats down his pants for 5 minutes.

That person was Mack and he bet all the money he'd ever make that Ricky couldn't do it.

Choose a crime, public that everybody knows but can't pin on you, possibly what made your reputation on (you stole the Pink Panther or you were the French Connection or you killed the Black Dahlia)

And choose a private crime, PM it to me, it may be revealed later.

Right now, organized crime is being run by the players, as a syndicate.

Wolves are those that want the top position to themselves.

The others want to prevent that and will ally themselves to take the wolves down.

The Seer is one with vast undercover resouces, double men, wire taps, inroads with the justice department and the OCB. The seer can tell who is making a play for the top, and who like the status quo and the profit therin.

Unlike other games, players are actively encouraged to PM, ally, etc with each other.

And betray one another, too.

This ain't no fricking low life Jersey Mob.

This is the big time.

This is:

Mafia!

PM alliances are allowed and encouraged.

Please send me a copy of any PM's.

Presence of the Baner depends on number of players.

Asian, Oceanic, etc gangs are allowed.

Lot of room in crime.

Come join for fun. Be a bad guy (uh, lass, other, etc)

:)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leif "The Bunny" Eirikson reporting. As part of the Viking Mafia controlling the north side, I was responsible for running the teamsters on the import/export business. I got the name "Bunny" from my rapid expansion of controlled shops. I was able to rise in power fairly quickly, eliminating any competition.

I'm not sure what I said before, but I'll play a male character this time. It'll just be simpler, in this setting.

Max "Gutterball" Klatz. At the age of nineteen, he was bowling late into the evening one night with three friends. Usually an excellent player, Max tripped and threw a gutterball. One of them laughed and Max snapped at him, throwing a bowling ball into his face. He fought the other two, and the three bowling alley employees that came after him. He killed another of his friends, two of the employees, knocked out the others, and escaped before the police came. He left the country and survived on the street for six years, all without help, before he was recruited into organized crime. His relentless determination and total lack of morals have helped him to rise quite far in the eight years since then.

Sammy "the Gator" Bosselli, part of the River City Boys, reporting. My crew runs an extortion racket by the docks. We have our three chop shops running out of two paint and body shops and a wrecker service.

I got the name "Gator" from the days when I was shippiing guns and coke from the Canto Cartel from Bolivia. Every once in a while, one of the smugglers would drop a shipment or skim off some of the product. Atfer a little 'talk', we'd take them out to the Everglades to show them nature at work; up close and personal.

I got ran out of Miami after a botched kidnapping of the local DA's wife. In the gun fight that followed, three F.B.I. agents met their end at my hand. In revenge, I firebombed the Districe Attorney's home late one night, killing him, his wife, and their two children. The finger was pointed at me right off, but the feds didn't have the goods to put me away.

Name: Shamus "Heartbreaker" O'Brien

Nationality: Irish

Hair: Red

Eyes: Geren

History: Shamus got his nickname for two reasons. Women tend to find him extremely attractive--the buff "Irish" look serves him well. The other reason is because, when an opposing gang member shot his brother Argus in the foot, he ripped out his heart before his eyes. The police found the body like that--heart out-of-body and the man tied hand and foot. Not many peolpe have shot his family members since then.

I realise that I may have misled people to think I was entering both concurrant WW games.

I would love to enter this but am up to my whiskers in work and am only going to be able to devote my time to one game, which I decided to be the Halloween one as it is at a late enough date that hopefully I will have reached my deadlines.

*bows deeply*

Humble apoligies.

I will follow the game closely however.

Good characters.

Nice and ruthless.

But still small time.

This is the country you're controlling.

And other countries you are influencing.

Age yourselves ten years or so.

You're at the top of the game, here.

Simona 'Da Vinci' Ciotti

Italian Mafia. Got her nickname because she makes her money off art crimes. Not necessarily Da Vinci, but she's not picky about details. In particular, Simona passes off forgeries as originals. Her most common strategy is reinventing an insignificant dead streetrat as a recently deceased wealthy private collector who left their collection to Simona to dispose of; also, she occasionally sells 'original' prelimenary sketches of relatively well-known artists. But Simona's biggest crime? She stole the Scream. This being her first art theft, however, she's not on the suspect list.

Edited by dragonqueen

I'm in. Now... whom I'm going to play... hum... "The Black Dalia?"*winks at Vahktang*

Enough of fooling around here's my character:

Name: Tai Rong Xiang aka "The Opium Lotus"

Origin: Hong-Kong

Hair: Black

Eyes: Black

Official cover: She owns an chic high-cuisine chinese restaurant called The Mekong Flower. While the first floor is a legit restaurant, Tai plans her dirtier business at the sober but cozy boudoir at the second floor.

Background: She's a member of one of the most influent triads (Chinese mafia) that have it's eyes set on America. She's on the continent so can can facilitates weapons, alcohol and narcotics traffic back and forth Asia and America. She a kung-fu expert although she rarely display this skill in public.

Crime: She wanted to make a bold statement by kidnapping and reclaiming ransom on a famous personnality. She hired a odd-job to do the kidnapping but he ended kidnapping little JonBenet Ramsay. Furious, she kills the child right away and ordered her body to be return in the house. After this mess, she made sure that the odd-job makes new friends with fishes, forever.

Vinny "The X-Terminator" Nolen at yews soiviss. How ya doin'? Me an' me boyz, we speshulyze in in cleanin' out da' vermin, if'n ya knowz wut I'm sayin'. *wink wink* Ya gots rats? We make 'em disappear, poimanently. Ain't nobody ever found thet Hoffa fella, an nobody ever will. No body no crime I sez. An the feds. they can't pin nuttin' on me or any o' my boyz. We da most respected an' feared exterminators on da whole planet. Nuf said.

Ok, it's hard to type like that. I may have to study "Hooked on Phonics" and watch "The Godfather" to brush up a bit. Anyways. Vinny never aspired to greatness. Heck, he never even aspired to mediocrity, he just happens to be VERY good at his chosen profession. It all started at the age of 8 when his grandfather asked him to clean up the barn. It was infested with rats and he got bit. He's hated rats ever since. He started experimenting and formulationg his own line of rat poisons, and "Truley Nolen" was born. Now, one of his "special" employees can infiltrate anywhere unseen by hiding in plain sight in their funny yellow cars with the ears and tails.

He was twelve when his father was sent up the river by another, more insidious, breed of rat. And he swore revenge. It took four and a half years, but he did it. He found Hoffa waiting alone for a meet with his friends, the Feds, anxious to rat out another member of the family. Sucked to be him, especially since he was still alive when the rats began their feast! :yuieek:

Now then, Vinny may talk like an uneducated wop who makes rocks look smart, but don't let the facade fool you. He's got a doctorate in biochemistry and an MBA in marketing, as well as a multi-million dollar legitimate buisness with which to hide his true passion. Just be careful not to drink anything he offers....

((I stole the full version of Saya's 'moniker' from the anime/manga X/Tokyo Babylon and some of her assassination trademarks/style from there as well. Forgive me...))

Saya "Sakura" ('the Sakurazukamori') Shizuka

Nationality: Japanese

Hair: Black

Eyes: Blue

Japanese yakuza. Specializes in assaination, and was a simple hit(wo)man before her skill brought her up the ranks. "Sakura" is a shorter form of the moniker she is known as in Japanese circles: the full moniker is the 'Sakurazukamori', translated as "the Guardian of the Cherry Blossom Mound". Her family took the name from an old Japanese legend: like in the legend, it's pretty much a familial title, and there is only one assassin in the family known as "the Sakurazukamori". As she is annoyed often by bad prounociation, Saya usually shortens her moniker in American circles simply to 'Sakura'.

Her trademark is to leave sakura petals-even when it is out of season, because she preserves petals-with the body. If possible, she also kills her victims in the same way: a fist through the heart. Familial tradition, again. Her clan is just plain weird.

Crime: She killed the head of the opposing family and enough of the better-skilled members so that her family could take control.

Edited by Elwen

Mickey 'the skin' van Rensberg.

Learned the art of skinning as a child growing up on a farm in the Lowfelt in Transvaal, South Africa.

A local boy disappeared after beating Mickey's sister.

Mickey sent the boy's family a new set of hand luggage, nice leather finish, the largest bag contained the youth's head and extremities.

It is said that his knife can make anyone talk, and if you talk too quick you die slow, cause Mickey dont like his fun being spoiled.

His rise to the top was due to the unusual amout of information he obtained from 'talking' to the right people

Torture and blackmail are his specialties.

Is mine ok with the PM description as well?

PM descriptions are fine, unless otherwise noted.

You are all a bunch of sick 'F's, but that's good in this game.

:)

Top ten most wanted (in no particular order)

Shamus "Heartbreaker" O'Brien - Merelas

Simona 'Da Vinci' Ciotti - dragonqueen

Sammy "the Gator" Bosselli - YanYanGanaffi

Vinny "The X-Terminator" Nolen - Gnarlitch

Leif "The Bunny" Eirikson - LeifTheBunny

Saya "Sakura" ('the Sakurazukamori') Shizuka - Elwen

Max "Gutterball" Klatz - Katzaniel

Mickey 'the skin' van Rensberg - cryptomancer

And looks like we'll have enough to play.

Game begins officially Monday.

People can still sign up until then.

You can go role play over to the Mafia Thread over the weekend.

And this will be the OOC thread.

We're going to try something different.

Unless people object, here is where actual OOC accusations are made.

The Mafia! thread is for Role Playing only.

That includes private thoughts, character action descriptions, etc.

Scorecard will be located here, also.

As mentioned before, players may PM plans, etc, with each other.

Just please PM a copy.

Well, I'm in...

Name: Saria "Black Widow" Larani

The moniker: she has buried four husbands, the first having been very old and dying of "natural causes"; the second one died of heart attack, in spite of being just 23 years old; the third was killed in a suspicious car accident, and that gave chance for a rival faction to try to step into her territory (they failed miserably - this is the only crime she wasn't responsible for, she actually loved her husband). The fourth died of anaphylactic shock after being stung by angry bees. After each one of the deaths, she rose one step further in the organization.

Skills: poisoning, naturally... subtle, undetectable unless she wants to give a warning. And a knack to make nature work in her favor... like stirring a beehive...

Description: about 1.65m tall, light brown hair, deep green eyes, slim and elegant. She is in herself quite a simple beauty, and shows a deceiving innocent smile and charm when she wants to. She is indeed cold and calculating, with a fierce temper well-hidden behind her cheery face.

Saria is in control of the most elusive prostitution ring and slave trade in the area, one that the authorities have been trying to get proof of existence for a long time. Her clients are among the rich, powerful, and influencial ones - several politicians are indeed in her hands. She uses the influence she has got sparingly, but effectively; those who leave their secrets in the ears of Saria's girls know that they are safe as long as they don't defy her. And as long as no one finds proof of her link to prostitution and slave trade. There are those who suspect she also deals with narcotraffic and arms, but there has been no proof and she doesn't reveal what truth there is in that talk.

~Tanny

Edited by Tanuchan

What was the decision about the baner? Is there one?

Yes, we have enough people for a baner.

If you bane the victim they live.

Bane a wolf and the hit goes on.

Unless there is only one wolf left.

Works best that way in the genre.

If there any objections, note them here, we'll talk.

Well, here are the power brokers in the world of crime at this time:

Saria "Black Widow" Larani - Tanuchan

Still need private crimes from a few members.

(Already PM'd them)

Today is the last day to sign up.

Tomorrow, a death occurs.

*Grins at Vahktang* Hum... I did signed up *points a previous post*

I did miss you.

(Blushes)

Terribly sorry.

Here now is the list of international criminals, in no particular order:

Tai Rong Xiang aka "The Opium Lotus" - Lady Celes Crusader

Saria "Black Widow" Larani - Tanuchan

Game starts now.

Hangings should be done with odd number, so the first day is a night phase.

I've sent out roles, please PM me your interests.

For everyone, set up defences (which includes attacks), investigate, etc.

Have fun.