The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Something's Up at The Pen

Mynx

The calm of the Cabaret Room is disturbed suddenly by a loud wooping laugh.

The inhabitants look up in time to see a neon flash come zooming into the room, leaping up onto the walls and racing around in a blur, the bright neon colours making it impossible to focus on the creature.

Looking up from his conversation with the Cryptomancer in confusion, Gryphon gets a glimpse of blinding colours before he is hit full on in the chest, knocking him onto the floor in a burst of feathers. He feels something warm and furry nuzzling him before the strange creature turns its attention to the temporarily stunned Cryptomancer, giving him the same jubilant treatment before disappearing from sight.

The two friends sit up and regard each other, neon paw prints covering their forms.

Grinning suddenly, the two look up to see the gowing form bestowing the same happy tacklehugs onto anyone nearby, leaving the same brightly coloured paw prints on all who recieve the 'attack'.

After a number of other have been 'glowed', including among them Salinye, Ayshela, Ozy, a startled Canid, and various others, the form finally calms down.

Standing in the midst of at least a dozen now glowing figures, Mynx grinned happy, her body still covered in neon zinc despite her attempts at rubbing it off on others.

"I'M BACK! WHO MISSED ME?!"

Smiling broadly, Mynx continues to hug her friends happily, greeting everyone who crosses her path while her friends stand around and stare at the markings the have been bestowed with.

[OOC: After a week of hell away from home, computer and solitude, I am finally back! Yay! Sorry about the neon guys...If you want an explination, PM me. It washes of though, don't worry! :D]

Rubbing a paw print from his bald head, Cryptomancer grins at Mynx. "wonderfull to see you again, That gemlike smile, is a good thing to have close at hand."

Hugging the beautiful feline bfore stepping back to look at the neon. "You really do brighten my world you know."

:raven:

Canid, (who had been napping) springs to her feet with a shrill bark upon being bounced on. After the initial shock fades, she stares in horror at her neon fur and begins to shake, sending zinc dust and guard hairs everywhere.

After her immediate surroundings are coated with a thin layer of wolf fur, Canid, whimpering, dashes toward the Pen's courtyard river.

A heavy splash is heard in the distance.

Thus-ly... your return has caused a 'big splash'.

(Canid dashes grinning back to her den, (rid of the neon zinc) hoping to gain its protection before her fellow Penners start hauling tomatoes)

*Walks into the Pen, making a brief scan of the place. He notices the neon paw prints all over the patrons.* I don't want to, need to, or have to know what just happened. All I want is a beer, hold the neon glittery paw prints.

Edited by Ghost_of_the_Dawn

*Gingerly pokes head through door, shocked at sheer quantity of glowing stuff*.

Is this the work of the mynx? Normally I hate neon, but it is just so neccessary for the brewing of cheerleader-maiming potions! Can I keep some?

And perhaps a few of those gryphon feathers too.. You never know when they might be useful.

*quietly pockets some and makes to leave*

Mynx's ears prick up at the new voice. She turns from her position high up in the rafters to look at the newcomer

Haven't seen you around here before...You must be new...

She suddenly grins evilly and launches an attack, coating epinephrine in neon, as the force of her tacklehug knocks him to the ground

Welcome!

She grins at the newcomer she has pinned down, her sharp teeth flashing brightly

*picking himself up and smiling "appreciatively" at Mynx*

Gee thanks, is this how you greet all newcomers? No wait don't answer that. I was introduced to your little party by a certain annoying comerade of mine.

I am epinephrine the alchemist, mixer of potions, seeker of wisdom, maker of cynical observations.... at your service.

*bows deeply to Mynx*

*smiles widely and offers paw, shaking epinephrine's enthusiastically*

Welcome to the Pen! As you know, I am Mynx. I'm sure everyone else here will introduce themselves in no time.

*she pauses in her greeting and looks down at her still glowing self. Waving a paw, she removes the neon glow in an instant, before retrieving her scythe from where it fell in her excitement and slinging it over her shoulder, grinning at the alchemist*

Sorry about the neon.

's a long story...

Yui wanders into the room, carefully avoiding all things glowing and neon with that uncanny way she has of sidestepping all mischief. Standing in her ebon cloak, she is a stark contrast to the blinding colors Mynx has spattered everywhere, her gaze shifting over the small crowd until she spots two new faces. With a grin, the young woman steps forward, offering her hand in turn to each stranger.

"Ah, I heard that we had a pair of newcomers in our midst. Good day and welcome. If I know Mynx, one or both of you have already gotten the trounce-greeting, so let me offer you a more sedate version." She grins and winks at the colorful cat Pennite before turning her attention back to their guests. "Temae Yui desu, but please call me Yui-chan. Hajimemasita. It's a pleasure to meet you both."

Wow look at all the neon! I am also new here: The evangelist of music, the purveyor of tunes, the salesman of swing, the master of metal, the retailer of rock, the godfather of goth, the buyer of blues. If it is the sweet music of the night you wish then see me. (Most of it goes well with some of the alchemists more "interesting" potions)

A large black raven lands on the top of musicevangelist 's head, and looks down at him, in the quizzical nature of birds everywhere, (this made funnier by the fact that musicevangelist sees him upsidedown.)

*Grins at musicevangelist*

I'll have a Heavy metal salad, easy on the synth, tall glass of glam rock, and a side order of r&b.

Hi, welcome to the pen.

Edited by cryptomancer

Untangling herself, Mynx grins and greets musicevangelist with a low bow.

"Welcome!"

She grins at the bird atop his head, giggling at his new name.

"I'll give you a geld if you can train him to say 'Nevermore'!"

[OOC: Welcome! Nice to meet you! Hope to read some of your stuff very soon!]

The raven jumps, wings spreading as a well aimed bucket of treacle flies toward him. In the second it takes for the treacle to reach his position, he is in full flight, the flap of his wings punctuating the atmosphere in the room. Moments later the bucket clatters to the floor, and a very treacle covered bird emerges from its depths.

Slowly the raven grows, becoming the hooded form of Cryptomancer, treacle dripping from his face and body, his cape and hood soaked in the sticky fluid.

Suddenly with all the speed of his art, a symbol glows in the air, and as it fades,

Mynx finds herself in the full body embrace of his treacle covered robes as Cryptomancer stands holding the feline in a tight hug.

*grins* Neon treacle! The slow brother of greased lightening.