The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Fatigue

Gryphon

A cold blanket of circumstance rolls over my body, chilling me and smothering the fires of life. The simplest gesture becomes and effort and the smallest setback a trial beyond measure. I strain against it, fighting, screaming, crying out against this injustice that has brought me to this pass. This generates a brief reprieve, before the chill touch descends again and I find myself once more enmeshed in its dark embrace.

More disappointment looms, circumstance and fate come hand in hand seeking to destroy, to smother the last sparks of hope in my heart. Venus comes to foil them both. She supports me in the dark fanning her seed until it blossoms in my heart. Darkness is foiled for love can be a night blooming flower also, and so it is.

Yet the blanket still binds and constricts, mocking me that my love cannot easily penetrate the darkness to see the beauty she has wrought. Still hope is mine now and harbour it I shall to support me in the never ending struggle to stave off the terrible despair.

The flower blooms, blossoms, for it has found a wellspring to feed from. I know now that this darkness is not all pervasive, but is a by product of the tiredness in my heart and body. It is not a malaise of the soul, it is simply fatigue.