The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

On the Necks of Giants

Mira

When Tzimfemme won myself in the Batchelor Auction during the Summer Solstice Carnival she had a unique request of me. Several months earlier Tzimfemme had written a poem in the Writers Workshop titled, On the Necks of Giants. I had replied to that poem saying that I had converted her poem into a song by setting it to music and altering the words slightly. So when she had the fortune of procuring Mira in the Bachelors Auction, she immediately asked that I find a way to record the song for her. The following is a link to a simple recording done on my home computer. I apologize for the sound quality as well as my attempts at singing.

http://www.audiostreet.net/artists/005/323/brian_blaze.html

Without hesitation, I downloaded this song. It is quite above and beyond amazing what talent is here at the Pen...and I absolutely LOVED this piece. I am a fan of following local bands around in Alexandria and D.C.; my sister introduced me to this hobby when I was young. It's been a while since I heard acoustic voice to bring a sense of brightness in my heart.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing the talents that each of you have. It's amazing what can happen when people work together.

This not only was a creative way to end the bachelor's auction, but reinforce that music and poetry go hand in hand.

I am now going to conclude with a "Wow" and simply *Opens mouth in awe*....