The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

One Final GRAND event!

Salinye

ANOTHER AUCTION! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Only this one is just a little bit different! We the guild leaders have come up with a fantabulous contest that will end with an auction. This will be our last collective event of the Summer Solstice Carnival. You will still see individual events here and there, but this will be our last Grand Group Gala! (Say that ten times fast, will ya?)

Anyway! Each of the guilds has come up with the name of a rare and unique one of a kind item. Your job is to write up a description of what those items are. You dream it up, and we can make it work! Things you may want to include could be, the history of the item, it’s appearance, how it works, limitations, down sides of the item…etc.

Here is how the contest works:

1. I will post the name of each item. You then are welcome to write a submission on each, any or all three of the items.

2. You pm your submission to the guild leader in charge of the particular rare item’s submissions.

3. When the deadline is over, each GL in charge of the individual submissions will put up a poll with each submission listed. (Authors name will not be revealed until after the vote is over. Each submission will instead be numbered.)

4. The Pennites will then be welcome to read over all the submissions. They will be given 3 days to vote on which submission should be attached to the item.

5. Once a submission is chosen, from that time forward, that *IS* the description and history of that rare item.

6. Finally, we will auction off all three rare items to the highest bidders. (Details on how the auction will take place will be posted soon. We are still discussing that, and I think it will probably be an open public auction this time.)

7. The winning geld amount will be awarded to the author of the winning submission. (Basically this means if my description is chosen, and Mira is the winning bidder for that item, then I get the geld he bid.) Now, just to clarify, all winning geld will not be awarded until after the bidding is final. So, everyone only has the geld they earn previous to the contest to work with.

If your character wins one of the rare items, then you can forever have free use of it in your writing and rp’s. :0)

Now, for the list of rare items:

The Coin of Endless Schemes-PM submissions to Alaeha

The Pendant of Canla the Silver-Tongued-PM submissions to Katzaniel

The Faithstone of the Zealot-PM submissions to Salinye

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS SUNDAY AUGUST 1st.

Question, Salinye--

Can you offer descriptions for more than one of the items? And then, once the submissions are chosen and your submission is chosen, can you bid on the item that has your submission, then? Since any gold you bid would pretty much be free?

Guest Kunax

Merelas: as i understand it you are allow to submit something for each item(can you do more then 1 for each item?)

Bidding on your own submissin would indeed be free, but someone can still bid more if they have the geld, so you not sure to win you own submission.

And even if you win your own submission you will not have gained any geld in doing so... hmm but you already know that :)

Yes, you can write for one, two or all three rare items.

Also, you can bid on your own, if it is won. Yes, you would end up with no geld exchange, but you would have to have the geld initially to win and you would end up with the item, so I think that's fair. :0)

That answer your questions?

~Salinye :fairy:

and to answer the parenthetical question there:

Yes you may submit a description for each item, but no you may not submit more than one description per item. Choose your best description, do your best writeup, and PM it to the appropriate person for voting. :)

*claps, laughing*

I can just imagine what some people here are going to try and claim...this will be highly amusing...

I would enter...but my creative mind has committed itself for a holiday...*sigh*

Oh well...*wanders off again...muttering to self*

Bump!

Approximately 1 1/2 hours until this event is closed for submissions. (midnight PST) So, if you're achin' to write one, you have just a little bit more time!! Then tomorrow, the voting will begin. I think we'll set the voting to be Monday through Wednesday so we can start the Auction Thursday and end it by the end of the weekend. :0)

The time to enter submissions is now closed. Three polls will appear today with the individual item submissions. You can vote through this Wednesday, authors will be revealed when the voting is over. :0)