The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

All-The-Time Accurate Fortunes Told.

After spenging the festival in the kissing booth, alongside such greats as Ayshela, Zool, and of course, Salinye, (Yes, I am in there, only 5 geld to kiss twice!..check my post in that..), the master of time had an idea.

The idea that, since he now knew the happenings, why not profit off of it. So Xaious set up his booth, right across from the Kissing booth. Give everyone a nice little shock, eh?

And then he put up the sign.

All-The-Time Accurate Fortunes Told, 10 Geld.

May sound absurd, but won't be no durd.

Guranteed.

Xaious sits behind a table in his booth, playing Tetris on an original clear cased gameboy, waiting for the customers he knows will be coming.

(OOC: I'll do my best to get to each customer as soon as possible. This uses fictional geld, earning 5 geld for participating [as with all things..I think]. Whatever the prediction is, it is your job to work that into something you do during the festival. Thanks for your business.)

A Raven with an eyeball dipped in chocolate, and cranberry sauce, in its beak, and a can of coke in its claw, lands on the counter. Looks at the sign in the quizzical manner of birds everywhere, and watches the gameboy playing Master of Time.

After a short pause, drops 10 geld onto the table, and once again although a lot more quizzically this time, watches the gameboy playing Master of Time.

Without looking up from his Gameboy, Xaious starts talking to the raven.

"Before this festival is over, You can expect to get soaked no less than once, and you will find a stylish new ring that will fit perfectly on your leg. Also,you will peck at Wyvern a few times. Thanks for your participation."

The raven looked at Xaious quizically, then shrugged and flew off.

"Hmm.. Level 9. I can do better than that." And he started Tetris again.

Xaious jumps. Mynx's dropping her geld on the desk caused him to make a mistake, which in turn led to a premature demise at the early level of 7. He put the Gameboy down for a few mintues.

"Hmmm....Mynx, right?"

"Yes, Mynx is the name." she replied, her patience starting to wear thin.

"Yes, ok." Xaious answered, "Let's see if I can remember this correctly."

"Remember this? What?" Mynx didn't quite catch his meaning.

"Yes, remember. See if I can remember...Ah yes!" Mynx was starting to worry he would just make something up. "Yes, I have it now. And you're going to..enjoy it...Or something."

Xaious picked the Gameboy back up and started a new game.

"Yes. For starters, you will step on the Death of Rats, most likely an accident. Also, be wary for banana peels, which will -and more than once- cause you to slip, accidentally kissing someone. And last, you will find a ferret, so keep it, and love it, and don't kill it when it bites a hole in your nose."

Mynx looked at Xaious weirdly, very confused, said "Thanks....", and then began to leave his booth.

"Now, level 4. And that block goes there....."

Edited by Xaious, Master of Time

Half an hour later, Mynx returns to the booth, limping slightly on the paw that landed on the Death of Rats, she approaches the booth and stands, waiting expectantly for her presence to be noticed.

Sighing, Xaious begins to speak before looking up..."I'm sorry but we do not supply refunds to unhappy custo....YOWZA!"

He had looked up.

And found Mynx holding a ferret by the scruff of its' neck. The ferret had a tiny piece of her pelt in its' jaws and Mynx's nose was oozing blood from a small wound.

"Thanks for the fortune" She said coldly, before whispering something in the ferret's ear and leaving in on the booth.

The ferret snatches the Gameboy from the fortune teller's hand and takes off out into the carnival area.

"HEY!" Xaious yelled, as Mynx gave a smug smile and turned to leave. "What do you think you're doing?!"

Mynx glances back and grins innocently.

"It wasn't me. It was Dolly"

"My Gameboy!" Xaious frowns. It's not like he didn't warn her...

"I'm dreadfully sorry about that, but if it's any consolation, I've been bitten by a ferret before, too."

Mynx looked at him dubiously. Xaious sighs. "It's ok. Before the carnival ends, 'Dolly' will have bitten Wyvern, too..."

"Now how will I waste my time between customers?"

Xaious sat there thinking, twiddling his thumbs.

"Oh well, guess this will have to do..."

Upon hearing Yuki, Xaious pauses his game of Tetris -at level 5- puts down the Gameboy, and looks straight to her.

"You're looking lovely this evening." He says.

"Why thank you." She replies, smiling.

"Your future, from now until the carnival ends, I suppose you want, so you shall get."

Yuki nods, smiling.

"Fair then. Before this carnival has run its course, you will..." He pauses to remember, takes a brief trip that none witness, and then starts up again. "You will succesfully knock Wyvern into the tank, three times." Yuki smiles, knowing where next to spend her geld. "Also, you will meet up with a three ton rhi..wait..wrong person." Yuki giggles. "Before you leave my booth, you will notice that, on the way to this booth, you stepped in a small pile of steaming ferret doody, and you will also, and willingly, kiss a person..no, wait...two people in the kissing booth. A painting, and someone who will look odd without his gaming equipment."

Xaious grins, hoping that she doesn't catch on to the fact that he made up the part about her kissing two people, for it is only one she's destined to kiss.

Yuki's smile fades as she hears the second prediction and wonders about the last. Does this mean she is destined to kiss someone at the kissing booth again, or did Xaious's future sight somehow slip into the past? And what about that second kiss....?

Well if it's really a fortune whatever was supposed to happen would happen, she thought to herself as she wandered away. Stopping to wipe off her shoe in a patch of grass with a grimace she wandered off in the direction of the Dunk Tank.

This should be interesting since she was apparently going to dunk Wyvern three times, but had horrible aim...

Wyvern sighs as he slowly hobbles towards Xaious' carnival activity, taking advantage of his brief shift from being a dunk tank target in order to examine a few nearby booths. Xaious lifts his head from his Gameboy as Wyvern arrives at his counter, rudely positioning his scaly elbows on its wooden boards and belching a few flames.

"Greetings, Wyvern!" exclaims Xaious happily, briefly pausing his game of Tetris at level six and glancing at the overgrown lizard. "You can have your near future read here for only ten geld pieces!"

Wyvern frowns upon hearing this and stares at Xaious for a moment, rummaging through his pockets in search of the few trinkets he might be willing to part with in his near-broke state. Pulling out a hairball previously used by Carbone, a button that had previously belonged to a tasteless Hawaiian jacket, and a partially bent staple, Wyvern sets them on Xaious' counter and hisses:

"Listen Xaious... I realize that this isn't much and that it doesn't quite cover the fee you requested, but I'm kinda broke at the moment and can't afford your price. Just take these little odds and ends and tell me a good future."

Xaious raises a brow at Wyvern and frowns.

"But... Wyvern, I predict your future. I can't promise if it'll be good or bad."

"Ehhhh, make a good one up." mutters Wyvern, taking a small swig from the Decanter of Endless Booze as he eyes Xaious glumly. "I mean, it's not like I payed the actual price for a prediction anyway."

Xaious frowns again.

"But, if you realize you're being lied to before you've even heard it, what's the point of coming to this booth in the first place?"

"Well..." hisses Wyvern while drumming a claw along Xaious' counter. "Let's just say I'm a sucker for investing in fortunes."

;-)

Xaiou chuckles.

"So I've noticed." He smiled. "And I suppose I can give you a...cheap bastard discount."

It was Wyvern's turn to smile.

"Ok then, so your paymen..A hairball from Carbone, a ....button...and a bent staple..What, too cheap to even have an unbent staple?" Xaious chortled, and Wyvern grimaced.

"Well, for the normal fee of 10 geld, a customer gets three fortunes -just one would be no fun-, but for this price, I suppose you can get a fortune and a fourth. But ONLY because the hairball's from that cat, and because I need the buton. AND, since you throw a pretty good party, I'll give you actual fortunes. "

Wyvern was a little confused He had only paid for a twentieth of a fortune. But he never did willingly pass up a bargain.

"Very well, let's hear it." Wyvern hissed.

"Yes, let's. Ok then, your first fortune-or rather- your whole fortune-and I thnk you'll enjoy this one; Before the carnival ends, you will succeed in kissing Zool, in the midst of an attempt to kiss Salinye without pay." Wyvern frowned at this, until he thought about it, and realized that he may still have a succesful attempt at that kiss.

"I see you enjoyed that one." Xaious laughed out loud. "Then you're sure to loooooove this one." More smiling from the time man, and a worried look from the scaly lizardman.

"And for this quarter fortune...Before this carnival ends, you will." Xaious paused.

"Yessss?"

"Well, that's how much of a fortune you payed for." Wyvern frowned, not liking the sounds of that one...'before the carnival ends, you will'..That didn't sound too good.

"You will ...a dragon...success....and geld....with some ending up in your pocket...."

Wyvern was getting hopeful.

"Legally binding contract."

And at this, the almost dragon gasped, exasperated.

"Thank you for your business." The Master smiled a great, sadistically consoling smile.

And Wyvern just stood there, mouth agape, distrought by that fourth of a fortune.

Salinye sits down in front of The Master of Time and smiles sweetly. "Hello, dear. I hope you won't let that...misfortunate...situation with my muse and the uh..celing of The Confessional, effect my prediction."

~Salinye :fairy:

Xaious smiles.

"Oh nooooooo, I'd never." he replied sarcastically.

Salinye sighs, not liking the sounds of that.

"But..business is business, and ethics are more important than past horrors." Salinye brightened up.

"Good then, are you ready?"

"Yes..I think so...."

Xaious reached out and took Salinye's hands, and she blushed.

"Is..Is that necessary?" Said the blushing elf.

"No, but I figure that if I hold your hands, you won't be able to slap me." Salinye laughed.

"Ok then. For starters, Wyvern will make a number of attempts to kiss you in the kissing booth...."Her eyes went wide with horror. "..But he won't succeed." Salinye sighed, relieved.

"And you can, before this event ends,...." Xaious frowned...

"What..what is it?" the elven lady asked, a little worried.

"You...Before...Your muse...." he shuddered, and Salinye understood his fear. "Luckily, you're going to be calling that monstrosity on a certain....Elder..of I...Initiates." The two shared a great laugh.

"And would I happen to be calling her becausssse of thosssse wandering lipssss?" Salinye hissed, making a jab at Wyvern.

"You can count on that!" Xaious laughed.

"And..My final fortune?"

"Right, your final fortune..." He paused to think.

"Yes...?"

"Right. I..I'm sorry, but...Before this carnival ends, you will get dunked in the dunk tank..." They both frowned. "But Wyvern will not be in there with you." She sighed, once more relieved. "No..It will be Gyrfalcon."

When he said this, Salinye's face turned a bright red and contorted oddly, causing Xaious to bust out laughing.

Ayshela wanders over to Xaious' tent and seats herself with a weary sigh. "Good afternoon," she says. "I do hope business is going well here, if less messily than at other locations."

Smiling pleasantly, she sets her geld on the counter and awaits her fortune.

(Um..New thing to say, I have...Please, when your prediction comes through, pm me with a link to it, mk?please and thank you!)

Xaious looks over to Ayshela and smiles.

"Well if it isn't my favorite rabid huggler. I trust you day hasn't been at it's worst?" Ayshela smiled.

"Well, I'm not dead yet, so that's a good sign. So, what do I have in my future, sweety?"

Xaious smiled.

"Ah, Lady Ayshela, for you I foresee....Well, a good bit more kisses..." Xaious winked at Ayshela, and she smiled, rasing an eyebrow at him. "hmm..Before this carnival ends, you will accidentally, and unknowingly, unleashe a horde of small rodents, of the disgusting hairy type." Ayshela looked him questioningly, wondering how she might be doing this...

Xaious stopped talking.

"..Is that..it?" She asked, feeling disappointed.

"And lastly, you can full-well expect...."

"Yes?"

"Expect to get reall really messy. Not like with the pies at the kissing booth-althouh don't be surprised when you get hit again with that-, no this will be....especially messy."

"How so?" She quizzed.

"Well, I can't tel you that..I don't quite remember all the deteails..it was a little..A sticky situation, if you will..wait..You will..."

Oh..Okay." She sighed. "Do you mind if I sit here a bit longer?"

"Oh no, not at all." He smiled at her, and she smiled back as he pocketed her geld.

"Thanks sweety."

"Now, Merelas, your turn." Xaious turned to Merelas.

"Yes, I suppose it is."

"Very well then..You have the geld?" Xaious asked, extending a hand.

"Yes, right here." Merelas reached into his pockets and pulled out 10 geld, placing it into the Master of Time's hand.

"I trust I'll have good fortunes?" Merelas grinned, and Xaious chuckled.

"You would trust for that to be the case, and I would hate to break your trust..."

Merelas sighed. "But, well, your fortune is this: To start with, watch out for your pockets, you can expect to lose some geld."

Merelas frowned, patting his pockets. All was there.

"Also, don't be woried about that, because you will also end up stumbling and falling flat on your face, narrowly avoiding..*shudders*...A certain lovely lady's muse." Xaious shuddered, and his customer didn't seem too joyed.

"Please tell me that the predictions get better?." Merelas tried to grinn.

"And your final fortune..."

"Yes?"

"Before this carnival has run it's course, your underpants will be over-run and highjacked by a herd of rodents." Xaious chuckled.

"That...Well, thank you, I suppose..."

"No, by all means, thank you." Xaious smiled again.

He was loving this carnival.