The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A Fable

Canid

We corrected the spelling with him afterwards and I am formatting it so it is no longer one giant paragraph, but all the words are my brother's.

For school, he was asked to write a fable about the sun.

It is a ten year old's writing, but hey, I thought it would be fun to put it up.

Here, for your bemusement: Once Upon a Time

Once upon a time, 2004 years ago, there was a very cold town it was called Jerusalem. It was cold because they had no sun, only the moon.

One day a man named Brian, came to the moon and said, will you give us more light and warmth?

“No,” said the moon, so Brian went to a wizard,

Brian said, “can you make the sky brighter and warmer?”

the wizard said “yes”, “bring me a rock from the moon,”

Brian did so. He threw rocks at the moon until a moon rock fell down. And then Brian brought the moon rock to the wizard then the wizard put the rock in a pot over a fire outside. And then the wizard sang a rhyme,,

“fire and heat,

sparkly bright,

make this rock a fiery light”,

suddenly, the moon was brighter and warmer.

But, every night the sun stopped shining. So he had to do the same thing every night, but it takes a long time to knock a rock off that’s why the night is so long, and that’s how the sun was made and the moon got craters.

THE END

Poste script - it is amusing to note that he chose Brian as the name of his character because of Monty Python's Life of Brian - I presume that is why it is in Jerusalem as well.

Canid patters off grinningly...