The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Vahktang

Well, with Werewolf III down to three people it's probably going to end soon.

I've got some good response for me modding the next game, so:

Attack of the Atomic Space Werewolves

Werewolf in the 50's Sci-fi movies

Werewolves are murderous, communist aliens. Villagers are 50's science fiction movie stereotypes:

Teen angst punk

German Scientist

Square jawed american engineer/scientist

Trusted military type

Trusted G man

Screaming girlfriend (who trips while slow monster is chasing them)

Cameo rock n' roll band

Cameo spooky actor

etc.

You know, Moon Dogie and the big Kahuna, that sort of thing.

Jeepers.

Already signed up:

Katzaniel as the dumb blond (gilrfriend?)

Elwen as the teen angst punk

Lady Celes Crusader as the German Scientist

Ozymandias the Elder as something or other

Tanuchan as something else

Start thinking of names.

And we can have more than one dumb blond, teen angst punk, etc. It may be fun. Anc confusing.

Rules so far:

Everything that can affect a vote only occurs on the boards.

Intercharacter PM's for character stuff only, please.

Alliances on the boards only.

Baning a wolf means no killing that night.

A 48 hour schedule seems to work well around here, unless I get the featured players (wolves, seer, baner) PM's earlier.

Much like Quentin and the movies for Kill Bill, here are some movies to check out on IMDB, etc:

Thing From Another World,

Tarantula

Mole People

Them

Forbiddan planet

Plan 9 from outer space

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

Just about anything that was on MST3K

More later,

Vahktang

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't played in any of the other Werewolf adventures, but can I join in this one anyway? Never seen any 50's movies though...I was thinking of being the character I'm trying to create in my story. Biologically "adapted" but handicapped by the fact that though he is beggining to develop emotions, he has had training that suppressed them for 20 years or so, so they tend to get in the way. His name's Heinrich. Hope I can join, if not it'll be fun to read anyway :P

yea like i said in the Q+A, im in as the old crazy guy who was abducted 10 years ago and has been warning you all of the werewofls for ages... and im still waiting to here your decision on the multiple werewolves vahktang

Werewolves are a superstitious and cowardly lot.

They hunt only when they have overwhelming advantage.

Or when they are very desparate.

No singular hunts until there is only one left.

More later,

Vahktang

I haven't played in any of the other Werewolf adventures, but can I join in this one anyway? Never seen any 50's movies though...I was thinking of being the character I'm trying to create in my story. Biologically "adapted" but handicapped by the fact that though he is beggining to develop emotions, he has had training that suppressed them for 20 years or so, so they tend to get in the way. His name's Heinrich. Hope I can join, if not it'll be fun to read anyway :P

First, the link to the rules:

http://www.eblong.com/zarf/werewolf.html

And you can find other info around these boards and others.

Check out the werewolf chronicles and the past three games for hints, etc.

You're very welcome to join, but you're character is _way_ too complex for this game.

Think simple, stereotype, then run with it.

You still have a few days, go check out the cable channels and/or your video store.

Game will officially start Saturday.

More later,

Vahktang

Awesome...

Um, I'll be Katie. Not to be unoriginal with names or anything :D

Feel free to PM me with background story ideas, but I get the idea that this one won't require much in the way of character development. :)

Katie thinks you stole her last boyfriend though. <_>

(jut realized I posted this in the wrong thread, so am moving it here)

ok, I'm the teenage science nerd that totally beleives in aliens and stuff. Oh, they are so cool! In this month's "Science Digest," Ray Bradbury explains all about life on Mars and what it is that makes Martians "little green men" instead of normal like us! Next month will be all about how life is able to exist on Jupiter even with the non-stop rain! I'm just so excited I can hardly wait! Here, look at this. It's an article I'm writing for "Science Digest" myself! I sure hope they like it and will publish it. I hear that is the first important step to becoming an honest tongoodness science fiction writer!

OOC: Whew! Gotta stop and catch my breath there. This kid can go on forever! Anyways...I'm in!

Oh, and a name....Albert E. Milhouse, and yes, the "E" does stand for Einstien! :rolleyes:

"Simple stereotype". New one on me :D Okay, how about...depressed, antisocial and general all round 'orrible person. The sort of person that whenever you see them or walk past thier door, you have to struggle hard not to through a half-brick. It would mean I'm likely to die in the first lynching, but it's a part I'm suited to.

How's that?

PS. Did anyone actually sit through all of Kill Bill? Half of the audience I was in got up and walked out after the first five minutes :D

Edited by Solivagus

I'm going to be....

Timmy! The 6 year old who constantly causes havoc

I'm going to be the one to take down the Spacewolves!! They better watch out for my slingshot o' doom!

***Pulls out slingshot from his backpocket and holds it up high, just as a frog jumps out from the same pocket.***

Edited by Nave

Must...  Resist...  But... Cannot...

Can I be Race Bannen from Johnny Quest?

Pleeeese?  He's very cheesey!

Spin him.

A Race Bannon type.

Voice (or played by) by Patrick Warburton.

"Simple stereotype". New one on me  Okay, how about...depressed, antisocial and general all round 'orrible person. The sort of person that whenever you see them or walk past thier door, you have to struggle hard not to through a half-brick. It would mean I'm likely to die in the first lynching, but it's a part I'm suited to.

How's that?

Perfect.

Janitor?

Government agent, a la Kent Mansley from Iron Giant?

Other

PS. Did anyone actually sit through all of Kill Bill? Half of the audience I was in got up and walked out after the first five minutes

I didn't just sit through it, I liked it.

Saw it twice.

Was looking forward to seeing part 2 last month (as was originally announced) but looking forward to it...whenever it comes out.

And, notes from the Werewolf Q & A:

ok, I'm the teenage science nerd that totally beleives in aliens and stuff

Looks like we're going to need another Timmy.

But, then Nave picked up Timmy.

Two twins, two Timmy's?

Too confusing.

So wolves cannot communicate at all on strategy? Not even inital plans on the first day? Logically, I think they should be allowed to communicate a little before the game begins.

Play it like everybody is around a circle in a room at a party.

They can't plan strategy there.

You shouldn't on this game.

Agree on victims, yes, but keep the 'why's' and the 'if we get this one, then this will happen' to yourselves.

The exception for the board game is character stuff that won't affect votes.

Please, no PM'd/emailed coilitions.

On the boards, fine.

If the Seer checks on the Baner, is s/he told Baner or just Innocent?

Baner.

The Seer sight would pick up on something that important.

Are roles selected by dice or other totally random method (ie previous wolves have the same chance of being a wolf as anyone else, and suspicious personalities don't necessarily matter)?

Utterly random.

Have Marcus and his mother just killed each other and forgotten to tell me?

No.

But we probably don't want to sit around a week waiting for the next game to start.

We often prep the next game before the last one is over, since many times the majority of players are dead and just lurking.

More later,

Keith

ok, I'm the teenage science nerd that totally beleives in aliens and stuff

Looks like we're going to need another Timmy.

But, then Nave picked up Timmy.

Two twins, two Timmy's?

Too confusing.

Vahktang, I believe they are pretty different... Nave's Timmy is a 6-year-old boy, not a teenager. Gnarly's Albert is the teenage nerd.

If twins are too confusing, I can be just Katz' sister, not necessarily a twin. But even twins have different temperaments... ;)

Have Marcus and his mother just killed each other and forgotten to tell me?

No.

But we probably don't want to sit around a week waiting for the next game to start.

We often prep the next game before the last one is over, since many times the majority of players are dead and just lurking.

You didn't understand me, Vahk :P It wasn't meant as a criticism, I did hope you would set the sign-up without waiting for the end of the game. I'm used to that in K&C, after all.

That post was specifically a reminder to Ozy and Katz, because they haven't posted their votes. And I don't want to extend the end of current game into Saturday, as your game is scheduled to be starting.

~Tanny

Edited by Tanuchan

Already signed up:

Katzaniel as Katie, the dumb blond

Tanuchan as Tania, Kate's sister, also dumb, also blond

Degenero Angelus as Zachary Evans, average teenage high school popular kid. Tania's boyfriend, formerly Katie's boyfriend. Or something like that.

Nave as Timmy, Katie's & Tania's 6 year old brother

Elwen as Aidan Laran the teen angst punk "You're tearing me apart! "

Lady Celes Crusader as the unnamed German Scientist

Gnarlitch as Albert E. Milhouse, teenage science nerd. Genius from Village of the Giants, David Maclean form Invaders from Mars.

Solivagus as the unnamed antisocial and general all round 'orrible person

and

Ozymandias the Elder as something or other

And my question is:

How come the twins don't have rhyming names?

:)

Just a thought.

Looking good people.

Countdown to action in _2_ days.

"Coming soon to a theatre near you.

The ultimate experience in excitment.

Great Sci-Fi action

You must See:

Attack of the Atomic Space Werewolves

See:

The German Scientist who loves science more than life itself:

"Ve must study zis thing. For Science!"

See:

The beautiful blond twins menaced by creatures with Unknown Appetites

Twins screaming (in key) hand over mouth.

And that's all I got right now.

If you want to write your own trailer blurb or scene, or correct the above, post it here.

And more movies:

The Blob

Village of the Giants

X the unknown

It! The Terror from Beyond Space

More later,

Keith