Just buyers, just pretence,

Just escapists, just frauds?

:wolf:

Edited by Parmenion

No lands to conquer,

No places to explore,

All of these things,

Have been done before.

This is a something I have often thought about. Without the unknown, without something to dream about and search for I think it is easier to become jaded. We don't know where to go from here. We think we see the whole world and there is nothing worthwhile in it, nothing to hope for, nothing new and fresh. Sometimes leading to: "No gallantry, no romance/ No honour, no goals".

No war, no struggle,

No fear, no strife,

This world we have,

Bereft of all life

For me this ties back to the same thing, but is phrased in a way to make you consider the values of conflict. No war, struggle, fear or strife sounds so good, but it leads to the same thing as later in the poem. Nothing to strive for.

I also liked the lines: "Just earning a living/ Just forgetting to live", it appealed to me the way a form of repetition was used to emphasize how different two such similar words are. Reads smoothly as well.

Nice poem, I enjoyed it greatly (as I also enjoy many of the poems you post as replies). ^_^

http://www.themightypen.net/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif

:D

To start with the obvious comment; I like this a lot

The topic, the format; the choppy, almost methodical way of saying what you want to say. *applauds* You've been thinking again, yay! ^_^

One thing keeps nagging though... I keep reading:

No lands to conquer,

No space to explore,

For some reason it flows better.... and it confuses more *grins*... it's the one thing we have left ofcourse, space.

Funny/interesting personal sidenote: My mom and I were just last week talking about how horrid it is, but how much it would probably help our society if the people would see/experience a war from up close again in all those western countries......don't hit me for using my graycells pls! *hides under her blanky*

I wanted to comment on your reply in arwen's post aswell: that is a very sweet, very upclose and touching poem... format and message appeal to me a lot, job well-done *hugs*

All in all, all I wanted to say is, great poem(s)! Always looking forward to reading your next ^_^

No gallantry, no romance,

No honour, no goals,

Just buyers, just pretence,

Just escapists, just frauds?

Very sad that most of this is true but I do believe that no all are frauds and though rare galantry and romance still are out there.

It is good to see you writing again Parm and as always you have produced a thought provoking piece.

*Hugs*

Edited by WrenWind