And kissed you in what felt like nirvana

We spent a week on cloud nine

Before you dropped me into purgitory

Now this is where I am

On this road that never ends

Hoping that some day I find the one true path

But the only other path on this road is pain and torment

And it is lined with cliffs and mountains

Peredhil comes in with Melba's seasonal gift, and hears the newcomer's words, and looks warily for Falcon's Reply Raven.

I like the idea, and that the speaker doesn't greet set-backs with giving up.

Took the liberty of fixing a couple of spelling errors, hope you don't mind.

I'd suggest recommend reviewing the use of conjunctions at the beginning of your lines. In a poem they can often diminish impact and meter. The "but" is strong in that it is necessary to set what follows in contrast to what has gone before, however the two "And" might be better implied.

All in all, a worthwhile read.

With a hug for all, he's gone again.

Thank you!!! Feedback is how we *all* grow! :) -P'

Arashi sighs and shifts in his applicant easychair, glancing towards the exit of the Office and wondering if he should use it as a potential escape route from boredom. He had been waiting in his easychair for over fourty eight hours now, and the infamous Elder of Initiates had yet to show his scaly face. Glancing towards Falcon, Peredhil, and purple shadow in a worried manner, the anxious applicant raises himself from his seat and is about to head to the office exit when suddenly, Melba barges into the room dragging Wyvern behind her.

The Almost Secretary of Initiates growls to herself and tosses Wyvern to Arashi's feet in a rage, cursing at the greedy reptile before noticing the presence of the new applicant and politely bowing. She scowls at Wyvern one final time before kindly smiling towards the others that have gathered in the Office and muttering:

"Sorry for Mr. Wyvern's lateness... it seems that his latest Almost Dragonic Travel Agency idea wasn't the biggest success. Fortunatly, I managed to stop him before he used the last of his flight mileage to evade debt collectors by catching a plane to New Mexico."

Wyvern whimpers something quietly from his mangled position on the ground before he's swiftly silenced by a triple-twist judo kick from Melba. Peredhil winces at this spectacle, then politely mutters:

"Thank you for your help, Melba. I'm certain we can handle it from here."

"Why thank you, Mr. Peredhil." says Melba. "And you're most welcome!"

With that, the Almost Secretary bows once again towards Arashi and then departs from the Office, hoping to catch Brute somewhere in the hall while taking her much-needed coffee break. As she leaves the room, Wyvern shifts in his position on the ground, coughing a few times and extending a battered claw while painfully whispering:

"Application... please."

Arashi frowns in sympathy at the lizard, then hands him his application poem. Reading over the poem, Wyvern reaches the line about "cloud nine" before immediatly jumping to his scaly feet and frantically exclaiming:

"Need a trip to Cloud Nine?! Would you like to visit Nirvana?!"

Arashi jumps and stutters as the overgrown lizard grabs his shoulders and begins shaking him around.

"Fly Almost Dragonic, before it goes bankrupt! We guarantee you'll get at least halfway to your destination before your flight is cancelled. Try our luxurious gryphon liner, courteousy of Kalypso (without her knowing it quite yet...) We promise you won't starve to death over the course of the few weeks the flight takes, you'll only get a little famished..."

Arashi's face twists into a grimace and he's about to respond when Falcon2001 bashes Wyvern over the head with an Anti-Wyvern Mallet™. The overgrown lizard wavers, stamping Arashi's application ACCEPTED just as he collapses into an unconscious heap on the ground.

;-)

OOC: A nice poem, Arashi, and an ACCEPTED application. Welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) Apologies for the delay in responding, I look forward to having you as an active member in the community.