The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Final Fantasy XI

Rune

Anyone else playing?

<-- Die hard Final Fantasy fan.

If anyone else has the game and happens to be on Ragnarok lemme know. I really love this game. Cutscenes in an MMORPG @__@ Its amazing. Its got it's flaws, as all games do, but its so nice to have that gut wretching nervousness that tears at your heart when a train passes by or you have to travel across a dangerous area. EQ lost that after awhile, as I am sure FF will as I get used to it, but in the meantime its such a blast.

My little black mage :D

Posted Image

Summoners can summon just like in the other FF games. Think he is the neatest Ive seen, although the others are impressive.

Posted Image

Feel free to browse: http://www.clock-works.net/FFXI/Others

Edited by Rune

*adds that to the list of other games she wants to eventually get* that looks pretty cool Rune. I'm stuck in FFX-land at the moment. (and still have not finished FFVII or FFVIII! lol) That aeon (or whatever they're calling it now) looks a lot like Bahamut from previous games. Is that what it is, or do they have a different name for it? (I see the Seph on the screenshot, that's why i wonder)

but its so nice to have that gut wretching nervousness that tears at your heart when a train passes by or you have to travel across a dangerous area.

Yes, yes it is nice. I usually sit and hope I don't run into anything though. :P

Isn't the official title final Fantasy X (Ecks) 2? Anyway, I don't have the game or even a PS2 at the moment, but I am quite the Final Fantasy fan.

Overall, FFVII is still the best and always will be (for Playstation consoles anyways), and I am hoping to get FF Origins and Anthologies for my PSone soon.

FFVII is nearly perfect. I could fall in love with almost all of the characters, and the plot is so amazing. It's a little blocky in the graphics, but the backgrounds make up for it all, and the combat system is superb. Materia is sooooo fun! What makes the game, in my opinion, is Sephiroth and Aeris. That, and my little bishonen Vincent. (previously admitted... Yep, I am)

FFVIII is a great game, but the Draw system gets tedious because it means that you would have to spend forever getting all of your spells, which means the simplest fights can take time of excess into 30 minutes... And I don't like Zell... too much. The characters are quite loveable though after you get to Disc three...

FFIX... i don't know what to say about it. I hate Dagger, I hate Zidane, I hate Albert... The only person I like is the little Wizard guy (whose name i conveniently forget >*_*<), and that's what makes the whole game. He's so cute with his little hat.

FFX... I... it's okay. It's a very long game, and both Yuna and Tidus get on my nerves. i only play it for Auron and Seymour... Blitzball is terrible, but the plot is wonderful and the graphics are amazing for one of PS2's earlier games. The aeon system disturbs me though... I like just summoning them and using their ultimate attack... maybe that's a sign of impatience.

And lastly, FF Tactics is so close to perfection, you could almost taste it. A lot of people give it a bad reputation, saying that the game gets tedious, but it is amazing! There are 19 different classes that you can shift between, several, several different spells and abilities which are simply stunning in visual and game effect, and you can customize each member of up to 16 characters completely. The graphics are superior to a lot of new release Playstation games, and FF Tactics was made in '95 or '97. If you haven't tried it, you should. It can be challenging, and it can be long, but the fun of it is that you have a choice! You can burn through the wonderful storyline, or you can continue to raise your characters and get all of the abilities and classes, and then finish it. It's almost perfect!

While I don't know much about 1-6, i'll learn sometime. And i'll try to get FFXI sometime later. But that's my review of the other ones...

Oh, my apologies... i don't keep too much up to date with the game world. I'm also quite sorry for digressing into my 'game reviewer' self... I actually don't review games. I suppose at one point I'll have to buy FFXI for my PC and try it. Maybe my girlfriend will like it too. (She likes FF more than me and bases a lot of her former stories off of the series...)

BAH! COMMUNISTS!

Final Fantasy NEVER had sequels - NEVER!!!

And then they released - those moneyhungry bastards!

YAARRGGHH!!!

Besides, all the Final Fantasies past 7 have been horrid.

I am completely willing to send anyone who wants it the complete Final Fantasy Gold collection, which is a collection of all the Final Fantasy Games for various consoles before FFVII, and emulators to run them. This is an awesome way for people to experience the beauty that is 8 and 16-bit gaming, before graphics took up all of the creator's time and energy.

DOWN WITH 3D!

I want to play FFXI... a lot. What else can I say? I've always wanted to play an FF with other people. Sure, it shouldn't be in the main series, but, well... ~meh~ When/if I get my own computer, I'll be getting it. I know a couple around my area who'll also be getting it, so it should be pretty sweet.

Wyvern steps into the Cabaret Room upon Falcon2001's mentioning of money, briefly sniffing at the air for the crisp scent of dollar bills but disappointed to find very little fragrance. Turning towards the discussion at hand and clearing his throat, Wyvern speaks up and says:

"Personally, I've been enjoying 'Initial Fantasy VII Minus I'"

The members stare at Wyvern curiously and raise their brows as the lizard continues.

"Basically, it's this weird game where all of the characters are miniature versions of Pen members with overinflated heads... It's the regular Square trademark, only taken a step further!"

The members consider this for a moment before Falcon asks:

"So... who are the main characters?"

"Well..." hisses Wyvern "The initial starting party is the Seven, which is comprised of the Big Pointy One, Silver, and Roxxia as the principal characters out on a mission to save their one lost member, Mr. Bunny. In their journey, they come across numerous other characters that aid them on their mission..."

"What are the weapons and combat system like...?" asks Damon curiously.

"For weapons, they use large metallic objects carved into the initials of their first name, hence the title." responds Wyvern "But the combat system is the best one ever. Basically, the characters have keyboards and type exactly how they try to attack the monster in the most descriptive manner possible! It's genious!"

With that, Wyvern grins and exits the Hall, allowing others to draw their own conclusions about how the rest of the functionings of the game work while muttering things under his breath about Gyr the chocobo ranger and the optional Balladore rose garden side quest...

FFXI looks cool, and seriously if World of Warcraft is not coming out next year i woulda played it. After playing EQ for sometime with Valdar, Zadown, Tzimfemme, Star, Illianna (Gyr for a tiny time :P)and the rest, I am kinda hooked into mmorpgs' =p. A few of us are thinking of playing World of Warcraft when its realeased, and might make a guild if we have enough people. Me, Valdar, Aegon, Yui , Zadown, Thinas and ermmmm i cant remmeber anymore :P