The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Life Question # 8

Salinye

Deja Vu on occation, had an ESPECIALLY heavy bout of that just after moving to Melbourne. Now that was scary, wandering around in a supposedly alien city that I somehow knew. . .

The matrix has you!

On the authenticacy of fortune tellers, I dont know, but the question rises: Would you behave any differently if you were forewarned?

From the Matrix:

ORACLE What's really going to bake your noodle later on is, would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything.

I remembered the example I had wanted to use for my fabricated memories blurb (did anyone understand it by the way?).

In our last house, we would occasionally find a bat in the basement.

I have a memory of us putting out rice for a bat we found (we might have done that) and then finding that the rice had turned green and orange (like those coloured noodles).

It is a solid memory - my brain tells me it happened. But it didn't.... and it certainly isn't a memory of a dream. I think it happened. I know it didn't. Hence a fabricated memory, made up from a partial memory and something else... for some odd reason... in an attempt to have a 'probable' whole memory.

Anyone follow? :)

The problem is that there can be a "logical" explaination for anything. Just because something asnwers the question fully doesn't mean its the right answer.

I've personally always wondered about the bodies ability to recognize itself. You lose millions of cells everyday to the air, but at what point they stop being you. I personally just seem to 'know'.

As far as my belief in fortune tellers and psycics I really beleive they exist, and that work... Well not always. I beleive those powers are granted by spirits. In my beleif system there are two kinds of spirits. Most of that stuff follows the spirits I'm not of, and since I beleive that the Spirit I follow is more powerful, I don't think they will work on me.

Thus a prediction won't have effect on me, because I won't beleive it works.

Psychics. The office of the Australian Psychics Association has a doorbell.

If that's not proof that they're all charlatans, then there was a case a few years back where one psychic took another psychic to court and lost. If she was a real psychic, she would've known that would happen if she took the first psychic to court, so wouldn't have wasted her money.

Fortune tellers, on the other hand. My great grandmother used to read tea leaves. She forsaw a lifesaving blood transfusion between my grandmother and some random dude. And a few other things. All before my time, though. So I've got no proof. Just a taste for tea.

I know somone who reads palms for a living and he is just a person who is very obsevant. and very carefull about what questions he steers the person to answer and ask . There are always people that will take your money if you are willing to part with it .

Whether we have a 6th sense i would say yes there is alot of our brains that go unused and the small % of us that can access more seem to have small bits of e.s.p.

ie:knowing what card will come up in a blind deck of cards

being sure today is not the right day to take that plane.

Those that really can do this rarely advertise that they can because it makes them different in a way that most do not understand. As a rule we fear that which we can not explain or understand .

My 2 cents