The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A moment of Remembrance...

Salinye

I just wanted to take a moment to remind everyone to perhaps pause in their daily life today and take a moment to reflect or say a prayer for those lost in the September 11th attack two years ago.

I'm not one who believes in dragging the event down into a pit of negativeness over and over every year, nor will I watch people throw themselves from buildings for three hours on tv this evening.

However, I do think it would be wonderful if everyone took a moment to reflect on how fortunate we are in our lives. Honor not only the men and women who were so valiant that fateful September, but also those who serve our country in the military.

Regardless on our own personal standpoints on war and military conflict, I think it's important to pray for those men and women who selflessly serve their country as well as for their loved ones who miss them when they have to be away from home.

It's a day to hug your family and friends, and be grateful we're all together. A day to remember the past and look forward to the future. A day to be glad that we're all in this world together despite the lines drawn on a map that seperate us.

~Salinye :butterfly:

I'm thinkin' that even if a person disagrees about the causes which lead up to such an event, that the fallen are worth mourning because they fell.

The United States of America lost an innocence in that attack. For too many, the news of terrorist actions in other countries, the heart's blood and deep emotions being played out, all were news bites and bathroom breaks.

If no other lessons are taken away, I would hope that the reality and finality of deaths, and empathy for non-combatants are learned.

There's several disasters that humanity shouldn't forgot. Amidst of the horrors of both World Wars, Viet-nam, Korea, Ex-Yougoslavia, Africa and in the Middle-East, the events of September 11 are some that'll strike the historic and collective memory forever.