dont rememeber many things

brief flashes of my days

more times than not i find

it was all a lonely haze

and now as i fluff my cloud

now that the sky is my home

i realize that all along

i was meant to be alone.

I like this... as a poem, offcourse i'm drunk at this moment, but you know what I mean hun *huggles Zen*

It's straightforward and without fuzz.. yes, I like it and Im sure I'll like it tomorrow still.

Zen sighs as he swivels impatiently in his applicant easychair, wondering when the Elder of Initiates would finally arrive to look over his application poem. The poor guest had been waiting for the overgrown lizard for a week now, and despite constant assurances from friendly Pen members that his application would be eventually accepted, he had begun to worry that the lizard was purposely ignoring him...

Suddenly, as if to provide a comforting answer to his worries, the main entrance doors of the Recruiter's Office slowly creak open... Zen immediatly jumps out of his seat, expecting to be greeted by the infamous Wyvern, but surprised to find a pointy-eared dwarf standing where he thought the reptilian Elder would be...

"Zen, is it...?" questions the dwarf in a deep voice, looking the applicant over from head to toe with his keen eyes while tightly holding a sheet in his right hand.

"Y-yes..." answers Zen, raising a brow curiously at the dwarf "Why do you ask?"

"Well!" booms the dwarf happily, a confidant grin spreading across his face "Allow me to introduce myself... I am Bravery, Elder Dwarf of Gyrfalcon, bravest and most sensible of the current batch of Recruitment dwarves. It's a pleasure to meet you, Zen!"

Having said this, the Elder dwarf bravely strides up to Zen in large strides and seizes his hand, shaking it firmly.

"My companion and I will be responding to your two application poems this evening."

"Your companion...?" mutters Zen while eyeing the room for another recruiter. "I don't see anyone else here..."

Suddenly, the confused applicant jumps as Bravery's shadow takes a life of it's own and bows to him. The shadow then adjusts back to it's usual shape, which relieves Zen until his own shadow turns to him and whispers in his ear:

"Shady I am, the Elder Dwarf of Yui-Temae... Review an application I shall, with you here today."

Zen's shadow reverts back to it's normal state as Bravery looks over the first poem that Zen submitted. Grinning and turning to the applicant, the energetic dwarf exclaims:

"I admire this poem for it's bravery, Zen! You're quite direct in your philosophies..."

"What do you think of the other poem, 'clouds'?" asks Zen "I personally find it better..."

Zen's shadow turns to him once again and whispers in his ear:

"A better poem, this is indeed... more emotions, here to read... personal, your solitude... shadows only, can intrude."

Having said this, the shadow gives a thumbs up as Bravery stamps Zen's application ACCEPTED.

;-)

OOC: A very good poem and an ACCEPTED application, Zen... welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) My apologies in the long wait in responding... I look forward to reading more of your works, and hope you'll find us a warm and acceptant writing community. Once again, welcome!