The good, the gifted, stuff of par,

All the time when we do read,

Certain aspects we must heed,

Though we see things in a certain light,

Does not mean that we are right...

:wolf:

parmenion_eire@yahoo.com

Edited by Parmenion

Parmenion mumbles to himself patiently as he sits back in his applicant easychair, awaiting Wyvern's verdict on his application and wondering if perhaps the trick of the poem was too much for the overgrown lizard's almost dragonic brain to handle... Tapping his fingers restlessly against his chairs arm rest, the eager applicant turns towards the Elder of Initiates' desk to see what the overgrown lizard is up to, only to gaze in horror as Wyvern begins to cut his poem application into pieces wth a pair of scissors...

"What are you doing?!" cries Parmenion, jumping out of his chair and snatching his application from Wyvern's desk just in the nick of time. The overgrown lizard puts his pair of scissors away and whimpers, glancing towards Parmenion sheepishly and mumbling:

"Sorry... I was trying to solve the puzzle of your poem by cutting the application to pieces so that only half of the end of it and half of the next person's application would be showing..."

Parmenion shakes his head and sighs in disbelief, wondering how the Almost Dragonic Elder could have possibly misinterpreted the trick of the poem in such a way. Considering options for hinting at the true trick of the poem while not completely revealing it, Parmenion mutters:

"Well... think of it this way, Wyv... numerous crosses solve the hidden trick of the poem..."

"Hmm, crosses you say?" hisses Wyvern, pulling out a treasure map from one of the drawers of his desk "Of course... I see it now! Out of the numerous 'X's marking treasure on this map, half of the treasure at the end of the map and half of the treasure nearest to it solve the hidden trick! Well, I'm off to treasure hunt then! Woohoo!"

"No, wait!" cries Parmenion before Wyvern can rush out of the office, fearful that the lizard will take months to return from his hunting "You're still misinterpreting the trick, I'm afraid..."

"I am...?" grumbles Wyvern. "Hmmm... crosses... this wouldn't be connected to your "Christianity" poem would it?"

"No!" exclaims Parmenion somewhat angrily, clearly fed up by the lizard's lack of knowledge "Don't you see... you need to connect different parts of the sentences!"

"Ooooooh, I get it now!" exclaims Wyvern while snapping a scaly finger. "Let me give the track a shot..."

With that, the overgrown lizard jots on Parmenion's application:

"Melba's cooking is ACCEPTED

And Parmenion often neglected."

;-)

OOC: On a more serious note... an ACCEPTED application Parmenion, welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) I greatly enjoyed your poem and am very glad you reapplied to the Pen... Once again, welcome! :)

Parmenion snatches the piece of paper from the old lizard, greedily hugging it to his chest like a most prized possession. He darts from the office out to his friends in the courtyard beaming from every pore in his body. Proudly he holds it up and in a meek voice whispers "Go Me!"

Parmenion grabs the "I'll try to be good" sticker and sticks it to the underside of the lapel of his coat and winks at Sorciere.

;)

Thanks Wyvern, hope you had as much fun reading it as I did writing it!

Go raibh maith agaibh :)

:wolf: