The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

And thus thou shalt receive this.

Very much time he had spent on his deciding. More often than not, he used too much, and in the end had made one or more errors. This may or may not have been one of these errs. Servant to this man readied the un-fabled Utensil of Ink Flowing and an old dusty parchment, for to catalog the ramblings of his enforcer. Who thusly did speak.

"Four-score, and seven hours ago, It came to my attention of the wasting away of my time. And it did seem that I should act more on those thoughts that are new, lest they become old, dusty, and ill-flavored. Yes, I am seeing now that it is this reason that I have erred, so i must make ammends (and think clearly, too.)."

Xaious did awaken one morning. The night before, he had spent his time reading of his older works.

"I wear it in public, in my home, in the presence of other consciousness.

Late at night, it breaks out, a Mr. Hyde from this Jekyl.

It hates imperfection, loves love, and hates to be straightly simple.

The truth is out there, not really, but hidden deep inside."

This would be on his mind for the day, and he recalled it's meaning.

"I use a working persona when any person, them being awake, would be able to see myself.

When the day waxes to the late night, i can remove that mask, and my true personality is shown.

I have been cursed to be the perfectionist, and love all that is beautiful, which I deem, and will rarely say something straightforward.

I confuse you with a lie, all the while I hide my true personality inside."

Never before has this man sat and recalled the time, though he claims it as a servant. Ignoring the fact, he opened the drawers of his mind.

"hmm. I think I'll use this one today."

And he donned the pesona of his other days. As he removed himself from the room, he decided to head to the local tavern of his town. Between his room and the barren desert of his kitchen, he was stopped by the ghost of his long deceased felinial counterpart, Greebouy.

"Feed me." At which point it made a valiant attempt to remove Xaious's right arm, but failed mightily, and existed no more.

"That was unique. hmm. Noon thirty. I should eat something, but this home is barren of adibles. Mayhaps a friend will be with some food." And he walked out the front door.

Down the street from his lowly House of No Food stood The Pen, a great might location in which a large number of intelligent beings rested and shared of their bounteous written works. This was his first stop of which he would make, before yet again pulling a shift of many hours with his best friend sleep. Upon entering The Pen, first he noticed of the little action, as only five Persons of Inteligence were there, he being one. So, having duely noted this, he pulled up chair in the area labelled "breakfast at noon", and began his "Letter of Applicarion".

Midway through this action, the waiter brought forth a plate filled with Coffee Flavored JellyBeans, a favorite of Xaious. For another few hours, he wrote, and write he did, so much so that the waitress had to bring him a second plate of JellyBeans. Noting that the action in this location was little of power to this article of his attention, Master of Time did leave, only for more life to keep himself awake.

Later on this lonely journey of his, he did remember another Great Place of Inteligence. Shortly thereafter, He did arrive at The public Forums of Starmen.Net to place input of his thoughts, arts, and whatnots. And when he did finish these actions, he said farewell to this realm of live consciousness, and went to bed.

When he hit the bed, and was nearly passed out of this world, The Truth hit him.

"???So I am asleep, eh?" And then did awaken from that long dream, banging his cranium on the bottom of his older sibling's bed.

That which had been stated is now to be FINISH.

PicouDJ2@aol.com

Enjoy finding out what I have told the story of.

Xaious casts a glance towards his wrist watch as he patiently waits for Wyvern's arrival, counting that it had been a total of 49 hours since he had first been seated in his applicant easy chair. Fiddling with some loose hour hands on a stop watch that he had also brought along with him, the Master of Time suddenly raises his head as the office door slams open and the Elder of Initiates comes rushing in...

Setting a few bags down on the floor next to his desk and checking the time on a grandfather clock located in the far corner of the room, Wyvern collapses into his favorite easychair and turns towards Xaious as he exclaims:

"Sorry I'm a bit la-"

"49 hours, 12 minutes, 36 seconds, and 28 milliseconds late to be exact..." interrupts Xaious.

"Yeah, ahah, sorry 'bout that..." mumbles Wyvern as he blushes and rubs the back of his scaly head. "Well anyhow, I'm here now..."

"Yes... in fact, it's been around 3 minutes and 39 seconds since you've arrived in the office... yet I still haven't seen a verdict for my application."

"Right!" exclaims Wyvern, quickly snatching up Xaious' application sheet from his desk top. "I'll get to reading this immediatly..."

"I approximate that it'll take you around 30 minutes to-"

Before Xaious can finish his sentence, Wyvern sets the application sheet back down on his desk and exclaims:

"Excellent application! My third reading of it was the best... One question though: if the entire thing was a dream, then did you really write up a Pen application?"

"Well..." responds Xaious "... I must have, considering that you're holding the sheet at this very moment. You're reading seemed somewhat rushed to me, though... I'd advise that you take a bit more time soaking it all in..."

"Understood." mutters Wyvern, nodding his head and taking out a magnifying glass as he looks over the application story once again...

Three hours and thirty minutes later...

Much to Xaious' relief, the overgrown lizard finally finishes carefully reading over his application. Grinning towards the eager applicant and stamping his application ACCEPTED, Wyvern gleefully hisses:

"Sorry once again for the lateness in responding... I was caught up in a scheme-"

"I know." interrupts Xaious as he happily picks up his ACCEPTED application "It's on the cover of a certain magazine..."

Wyvern raises a brow to this statement and quickly begins digging through his office mail, only to find a new issue of "Time Magazine" with his scaly face posing in a distorted grimace on the cover. The headline below his face reads "Wyvern Involved in Coocoo Clock Scandal..."

"Wait a minute..." mutters Wyvern in a somewhat confused manner "This is a brand new issue of 'Time.' How did you know my scheme involvement would be on the cover...?"

"Well..." responds Xaious in a lighthearted tone as he exits the office. "Let's just say I'm a Master..."

;-p

OOC: On a more serious note, Xaious, an ACCEPTED application... Welcome to the mighty Pen! :) Glad that you decided to apply... I'll be certain to mail you some additional Pen info ASAP. Once again, welcome!