The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Silent and Still

Note: I haven't the foggiest where this came from...but I kind of stole the idea from Elwen, because her bard characters seem to be playing a depressing ditty called "Silent and Still" constantly. I don't know if it's already a poem/song, but here's what I wrote. Enjoy!

Silent and Still

Silent and still

Silent and still

I love you my darling

Now do what you will

Cold and alone

Cold and alone

Your chill has sunk through me

Through breath blood and bone

True love is to kill

True love is to kill

Your blade has now kissed me

I'm silent and still

Edited by smallscale_mind_games

Ho hum. Makes me think of Nny & Devi. Wonder why. {Don't mind me, I'm just going through another JtHM obsessed phase} -blinkblink- or another couple. Ho hum, Pip won't say who. Twee la. I like the refrain...-nods- ok...I'm rambling...O_O

I adore the rhythm and structure. they are simple and catchy (much like a song, or ditty ;) ) As Elwen says, it gives the effect of making the piece pretty and chilling at the same time. As to your words, I like them, but they do seem a little flat to me, perhaps if there were more to it. I love a good traditional ballad (Gawd knows I studied enough of them in classes :) ) and this has the ring of one to me. It has that potential, but it's just a suggest. Nothing tells a story quite like a ballad! yay ballads!! :D I think I am gonna go find my book of ballads now. hehehehehehee!!!