The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

dialogue between two

whynotsin

-My mind floats from place to place, Carla. I can no longer focus on just one plane. My mind fazes from time to time. I have become smoke on a windy day. Germaine rambled on about his state of being. What should I do about this?

- You should not do anything Germaine, Just simply be happy with being.

-I tire of this. I do not want to float forever, I wish to flow like the water through a determined course. Not drift dispersing and stretching with every gust.

-We are all like the smoke, only that some of us hang lower, closer to the Earth.

-I wish to find love Carla, with you. You have rejected me however and so I am further dispersed by the wind.

-You know and I know we could never be. It is an unthinkable thing. My life is not one for love. We must remain as we are.

-The pain of this state is unbearable. The sight of you is like needles piercing my heart.

-There is no is no reason for this. You and I we have nothing to offer each other.

-But we do. We can offer each other the forces necessary to turn us to solid state.

The dialogue between the two continued. Germaine’s mind adrift and Carla close to the ground. Germaine looks into Carla’s soul and finds it empty, empty of any love for him.

• 3 weeks later...

One speaking with overflowing heart, the other with empty.

One needing someone stable to which to cling, the other chafing at the restriction of being loved.

In such a few lines, you've presented the pain of a lopsided relationship, where one feels and the other doesn't.